Benq 19" Vs Samsung 19"

Joined
Mar 4, 2006
Messages
736
I was on newegg looking at monitors and i noticed these two monitors. I going to be gaming mostly and the normal stuff; i.e. word, surfing web. They are around the same price, heres the benq http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824014090 and heres the samsung http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16824001228 I have some questions
1. they both have 8 ms response time, is that good for gaming, do you think i will notice any ghosting.
2. I am playing on a 17" crt right now, do you think i will notice a big difference between picture quality.


thank you for taking your time to read this
 
The Samsung has better contrast ratio. Yes, 8ms is good for gaming and the other things you mention. I have to say I'm a little Samsung biased though because the one I have is perfect IMHO. Yes you will notice a major difference between a CRT and the LCD, a 17" LCD isn't usually even 17" from corner to corner diagonally but LCD's are measured with the screen size, not the picture tube size like a CRT. I went from a 17" NEC CRT to this Samsung and it's really quite amazing, there are colors and details in games that I never noticed before and the brightness of the LCD's is just amazing, I can clearly see the picture across the room even in the full light of day.
 
BriSleep said:
The Samsung has better contrast ratio. Yes, 8ms is good for gaming and the other things you mention. I have to say I'm a little Samsung biased though because the one I have is perfect IMHO.

so which Samsung do you have?
 
For a couple of bucks more you can get HYUNDAI Q90U . Which has a Sumsung panel and its a 3ms LCD. From the reviews I read and seeing it for myself you can't go wrong. I had a Samsung 913T which I returned for this an it was the best thing I could have done.
Like my name says I love mine. :D
Good luck.
 
Back
Top