• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Benchmarking Workstation Cards

Angelus897

Gawd
Joined
Jul 26, 2004
Messages
895
Does anyone know a good, free software for benchmarking workstation video cards? The reason I'm asking is because the primary application that we run at my workplace is AutoCAD 2008. We use a wide variety of cards ranging from old Quadro 2 AGP cards to current high end cards like the FX3500. We also purchased a couple of lower end cards like the FX570 and 1700 so it'd be nice to see how they compare with our higher end 3500. Any advice/suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!
 
I had a fx3500 and its a godawful card for gaming :p It wasn't made for that but for the price its godawful .
 
I had a fx3500 and its a godawful card for gaming :p It wasn't made for that but for the price its godawful .

I actually thought the card would be worse than it is in gaming. But then like you said, it's built with a different purpose in mind. Price isn't too bad for a high end workstation card.
 
Don't know if anyone is interested, but here's a result of all 4 video cards I tested today. They were run with the latest Quadro ForceWare driver 162.65 (I will be testing 169.61 and POWERdraft drivers at a later time). I ran the internal benchmark in AutoCAD Arch 2008 (will do a Cadalyst at a later time) and 3DMark06 (just for shits and giggles).

Cards Tested:
Quadro FX570 256MB - 2,258 Marks; 1109 fps CAD08
Quadro FX1700 512MB - 3,395 Marks; 1102 fps CAD08
Quadro FX3500 256MB - 4,296 Marks; 1809 fps CAD08
Radeon HD2900 Pro 512MB (512-bit ver) - 8,518 Marks; 803 fps CAD08

This was done on a Dell Workstation 490 with a single Xeon 5140 (2.33GHz) and 4GB of FB-DDR2 667 RAM. That just shows how different workstation and gaming cards really are. The HD2900Pro was the fastest of the group in a "gaming" type application, while being the slowest in CAD rendering.
 
Back
Top