Benchmarking Modern Warfare 2.

diggƒreak

Limp Gawd
I'd like to benchmark Modern Warefare 2, so that I can tweak my settings for a constant 60FPS with my crappy hardware.

A ton of review sites have used Modern Warfare 2 as a benchmark, but it doesn't seem to include any demo recording tool. Surely these sites were not playing the game each time?

How can I record demos in MW2 or prepare any other type of valid repeatable benchmark for this game?

You're really asking on the wrong site. [H]ardOCP prides themselves on not using canned benchmarks but rather like you said playing the game each time to give a realistic experience.

Timedemos can end up having quite an effect (usually positive) on FPS ultimately giving skewed results.

DaFox is correct but with MW2 the best thing to do is to use the Fraps benchmark and just do a little math to find the average fps range. Go into a full Ground War match and just exit after that to tally your numbers. MW2 has no console access so timedemo's are out of the question.

Although I wouldn't really consider MW2 a great benchmark in general of any system.

Back