Benchmark/Overclocking Software List

Not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet. But for DFI boards the DFI smartguardian is really really nice.

Also, if this ever comes up, or if it has come up, i do not vote for either speedfan or coretemp as temp monitoring programs. Speedfan I found took over control of my fans and when i closed the program it shut off my fans until i restarted my computer and coretemp read my sensors +10C as opposed to either Everest Ultimate edition or smartguardian or even speedfan when i used it.

thats just my input into this :) Great post

RivaTuner 16.1

* Added ForceWare 91.xx, 92.xx, 93.xx and 95.xx driver families support.
* Updated databases for Detonator and ForceWare drivers. Added databases for ForceWare 91.31, 91.33, 91.45, 91.47, 91.48, 92.91, 93.50 and 95.97 drivers.
* Experimental limited Vista x32 support.
etc etc.

Hopefully the fan control works for my 7600GT now. *goes to test*

any program out which will just read nvidia temps and dump em into system tray without bloat? (preferably something along the lines of a 64kb exe) I have dtemp for HDD temps and would like something similar for CPU and graphic card, speedfan is already too much

Where is the link for the program TAT?
I cant find it anyplace.

OP of sticky banned. can one of you mods take over? this is a little out of date :)

Wow, I completely forgot this thread existed for awhile there. 3DMark and PCMark Vantage need to be added too i guess.

IntelBurnTest is a new stress testing tool based on Intel's linpack64. It gets my CPU waay hotter than prime95 or anything else. I'm talking 10+ C hotter, so be careful with your OCed system if temps are already high!

So it stresses the system more, and in 10 minutes it found instabilities on my box that was 2 days blend stable, so it seems to work very well.

IntelBurnTest is a new stress testing tool based on Intel's linpack64. It gets my CPU waay hotter than prime95 or anything else. I'm talking 10+ C hotter, so be careful with your OCed system if temps are already high!

So it stresses the system more, and in 10 minutes it found instabilities on my box that was 2 days blend stable, so it seems to work very well.

I'm really starting to wonder when we're going to hit a point where software can't heat up a CPU anymore. I've never been one to turn down the chance to put extra stress on my system, but I fully expect to see more and more people coming forward still saying that "Prime stable is good enough".

Hopefully the close minded will be small in number.

My way of stress testiong any oc I have gone with is running 4 threads of Prime95, 2 threads of OCCT Perestrioka and 1 Othos.....< trust me<< this is the way to go to ensure stability with the latest tech oc' s!

My way of stress testiong any oc I have gone with is running 4 threads of Prime95, 2 threads of OCCT Perestrioka and 1 Othos.....< trust me<< this is the way to go to ensure stability with the latest tech oc' s!

I'm not saying it doesn't work for you or isn't good enough...but FAR too often to people run into issues when running multiple stresstesting applications at once, not because of system instability, but because of conflictions and issues between the applications themselves.

No need to go beyond 4 threads of Prime95 or a 10-pass run of IntelBurnTest...anything more is overkill and could potentially cause issues irrelevant to your overclock.

Furmark should really be up here, not many people know about it and its the only program that can really put intense stress test on your gfx card oc or abilities with its specially built in OpenGL intensive test code

Back