• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Belkin.com 1/2 off code

doormat

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Mar 18, 2000
Messages
4,251
1/2 price off belkin stuff at their own store online (www.belkin.com)

code: 12345

Yea yea, spare me the "thats the combination to my luggage!" jokes..

I was looking at UPSes and it turns out to be a really good deal. A 900VA enterprise series UPS for $66 plus SH and tax (SH was $14, but it still comes to $84). The cheapest I saw anywhere else was $90+SH or so. Even newegg wanted $110 (after SH).
 
Here it goes again. This must be Belkins way of saying, we'll jack up the price way high and if you can get this code you'll get it at a normal price.
 
wolfofsin said:
Here it goes again. This must be Belkins way of saying, we'll jack up the price way high and if you can get this code you'll get it at a normal price.
lol
 
mmv said:
this code had been valid for a looooooooooooooong time
Yea but it hasnt been posted here in a looooooooooooooong time either, so I thought I'd help the new folk out.
 
The belkin prices never really change that much. The code is _okay_ you can usually find better deals on belkin stuff elsewhere.
 
1500VA 830W Small Enterprise UPS for $100!!!! 120min at ~50% :eek:
I could plug everything in my room into this thing. I want.

Better then spending ~$80 on the 1000VA noname Ultra UPS on tigerdirect

 
neisius said:
1500VA 830W Small Enterprise UPS for $100!!!! 120min at ~50% :eek:
I could plug everything in my room into this thing. I want.

Better then spending ~$80 on the 1000VA noname Ultra UPS on tigerdirect



Belkin's UPS have a pretty bad track record. Personally, I know of several friends/family who have used their product and had it fail miserably. I won't touch any of their UPS products, they are not reliable at all. Spend the extra money and sleep at night with an APC.
 
yea we bought some of their UPS boxes awhile back at my old job, they're complete ass. Plain and simple. Get APC.
 
Uh, since we're posting anecdotal evidence, the Belkin UPSs I have have been great. I have 3 of their higher-end models with AVR with VA ratings of 500, 800, and 1200. The 800 runs my server, the 1200 runs my linux and windows boxen, and the 500 runs my wife's PC. Since we're renting a crappy house with something like a 20 amp breaker for the entire thing, we've managed to trip it quite often by accidentally running the toaster oven and microwave at the same time. The Belkins have never flinched and our machines have never had a problem. That combined with their excellent Linux software has kept me a customer.

I have a low-end APC on my HTPC too. That's never had a problem either, but they charge an arm and a leg for their higher-end UPSs with AVR. Plus I don't like their software as much.

Avoid other cheapo UPSs. I have some no-name from tigerdirect that never actually managed to prevent my computer from resetting when the power went out (switched from line to battery too slowly). It is now sitting in a closet. I also have a cheapo Cyberlink from fry's that has about enough capacity to power an alarm clock despite claiming to have as much as the APC. Also in the closet.
 
I'll be getting that $100 Belkin 1500va. Great price compared to the cheapest I could find on the apc 1500va(~$160+).
 
Back
Top