Behringer MS40 or M-Audio AV40?

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Joined
Nov 17, 2000
Messages
6,004
I am looking to replace my Logitech Z-2300's. I dont need all the bass they have and would rather get something with a better sound. Which of these would be better? They would be used for music, gaming, and movies. I will be using a ZERO DAC with these. Both are very close in price.
 
Personally, I like my MS40. You're not going to get a super duper clean sound at $100, but the MS40 definitely do it for me and have no strong need for a subwoofer. The AV40 may require a subwoofer more than the MS40 and I think (not 100% sure) it sounds a bit cleaner. Also, I love the various inputs of the MS40, which allows for ease of plugging in during situations of limited connectors/connections.
 
I have the MS40s, and for me personally, these have no bass whatsoever. I would recommend getting a sub if you like to listen to music period. That is my opinion anyway.
 
I play games, movies and listen to music (rock, industrial, jazz and heavy metal) on my computer and I have the M-Audio AV40s. I like these a lot. Compared to my old Klipsch Promedia v4.1 these have better mids and highs. Overall, they're clearer than my promedias. The bass is obviously weaker since I have no sub now, but it's good enough for me. These also have a switch on the back to give the bass an extra kick.
 
I definitely do not think the AV-40's require more of a subwoofer over the MS40's.

I do not need a subwoofer of any kind for my liking with my AV-40's, though some may. I find the bass MORE than enough, and won't plan on purchasing a subwoofer any time soon at all. If I needed more bass, there would be the lovely 'bass boost' at the back. If anything, I think there is too much bass sometimes. My opinion :)
 
I definitely do not think the AV-40's require more of a subwoofer over the MS40's.

I do not need a subwoofer of any kind for my liking with my AV-40's, though some may. I find the bass MORE than enough, and won't plan on purchasing a subwoofer any time soon at all. If I needed more bass, there would be the lovely 'bass boost' at the back. If anything, I think there is too much bass sometimes. My opinion :)

I was reading the AV-40's had a good amount of bass and for those who had owned both they said the AV-40s had more then the MS40's.
 
i have the av40s as well, i use them without the bass boost on and they have more than enough bass for me. In games and movies its the PERFECT amount.
 
The only thing I have read that I dont like about them is the power switch is on the back. You cannot turn them off through the volume knob.
 
He has a Zero. He is getting the MV40. The AV40 is for folks with on board sound.
 
He has a Zero. He is getting the MV40. The AV40 is for folks with on board sound.

Huh? Isn't it supposed to be the MS40s are for people with on board sound, and the AV40 is for people with a DAC/soundcard since it had no build in DAC? :confused:
 
I got the M-Audio AV40 per spaceman's recommendation in a PM to me. I think the post above he had the part#s backwards. The AV40's have plenty of bass for me and sound great so far. Was using some cheap RCA's that came free in some walmart car audio kit until I picked up some nicer cables today. That helped bring the treble up for me. The more I play them the better they sound.
 
Doesn't matter if they are on or off. You might get more time out of them if you shut them down at night but it is not really a measurable thing except for the extra energy used.
 
Doesn't matter if they are on or off. You might get more time out of them if you shut them down at night but it is not really a measurable thing except for the extra energy used.

Sweet.. because I have to power on my Zero and my speakers every time I want to use them. The switch being on back of the speakers is a pain. I will just leave mine on.
 
Well got all my new toys. Thx for everyone's help.

IMG_2002.jpg
 
Back
Top