• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Beginning OC

poddo

2005 [H]orde|Bowl Champion
Joined
May 1, 2005
Messages
464
I'm sitting here looking at my old compaq with an athlon 1.3 ghz in it, not doing anything. So I decide maybe I'll overclock it. I look in the bios, and obviously there's nothing helpful there. Looking at the MB, I find a jumper that says 100mhz-133mhz. It was at the 100 setting by default. So my multiplier would be 13, right? 100x13 = 1.3ghz? So if I move the jumper over to 133, I'd be at about 1.7ghz, correct? Is there anyway to change my ram timings without the BIOS? or is there a bios I could flash to that would help me more? the compaq is a 7110us, so it has some crappy quiksilver board in it. Any help would be great as this is my first overclock.
 
Back
Top