Beginner animation

veritas7

Gawd
I was wondering if anyone had any websites for the beginner animator (3d) and what programs I should start with? I have some rainy day money I've been planning to spend, but I don't know where to start.

Hopefully someone knows a thing or two around here :)

Still waiting for any insight. I guess I'll start my googling search and provide any further info I find in case someone searches for this thread in the future...

The best reference site I know of is 3dBuzz, this is where I found most of my answers when I was working on making stuff for UT2k4 and UT3. As far as software, I use the free version of Maya that can be downloaded off the Maya site.

Blender is a good, albeit somewhat complicated application. There are tons of tutorials and some good Blender user sites.

try out a few demos see what tickles your fancy, 3dmax, Maya, Lightwave, Cinema 4d.

if you want to get in to game design or modding, i highly suggest max.

heres a site i found, it has tutorials for the more popular applications
http://www.tutorialized.com/

i would suggest browsing youtube for some demo reels for inspiration sake, and you can find quite a few helpful guides to get you started (or interested).

also, its good to learn the lingo and what the words mean, cause there are words that i never knew existed until i started doing graphics and animation, it helps make things easier to understand.

Back