Greatone123
[H]ard|Gawd
- Joined
- May 10, 2006
- Messages
- 1,293
Hello all here in the audio forum!
I read through now and then and quit enjoy reading about all your nice audio setups and what not.
Story: My Klipsch Ultra 5.1's died.. AGAIN... so rather then fixing them AGAIN.. I realized I had a receiver I wasn't using... what popped into my head was obvious...
Note: I don't have optical on my PC, so I've used the analog inputs for 5.1 with headphone -> RCA converter cables, is this a bad option do I have better options?
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-816 (have it, don't wanna spend the money to replace)
Fronts: Polk Monitor 40s
Rear: Polk Monitor 30s
Center: using the klipsch center for now to save money
Subwoofer: Polk PSW505 12" or Klipsch KSW-10 (I dunno which one to get, I'm not against klipsch just because of their promedia design fork up. but I've never had a real sub before so I don't know what to look for, the K is downfire and the polk is front. The sub will be behind me under my desk (L shaped desk)
I already have the receiver, I haven't ordered any speakers, they'll sit in my cart, till end of weekend since they won't ship till monday anyway... which is tomorrow.. so hurry! lol
I currently am using the Klipsch satallites... it sounds pretty freakin sweet so far with music. OH YA FORGOT!
Uses: Music, Games (games will be more dominant... well unless music sounds awesome and makes me listen more.. which so far today it has...)
I read through now and then and quit enjoy reading about all your nice audio setups and what not.
Story: My Klipsch Ultra 5.1's died.. AGAIN... so rather then fixing them AGAIN.. I realized I had a receiver I wasn't using... what popped into my head was obvious...
Note: I don't have optical on my PC, so I've used the analog inputs for 5.1 with headphone -> RCA converter cables, is this a bad option do I have better options?
Receiver: Pioneer VSX-816 (have it, don't wanna spend the money to replace)
Fronts: Polk Monitor 40s
Rear: Polk Monitor 30s
Center: using the klipsch center for now to save money
Subwoofer: Polk PSW505 12" or Klipsch KSW-10 (I dunno which one to get, I'm not against klipsch just because of their promedia design fork up. but I've never had a real sub before so I don't know what to look for, the K is downfire and the polk is front. The sub will be behind me under my desk (L shaped desk)
I already have the receiver, I haven't ordered any speakers, they'll sit in my cart, till end of weekend since they won't ship till monday anyway... which is tomorrow.. so hurry! lol
I currently am using the Klipsch satallites... it sounds pretty freakin sweet so far with music. OH YA FORGOT!
Uses: Music, Games (games will be more dominant... well unless music sounds awesome and makes me listen more.. which so far today it has...)