Beer Glass That Uses iPhone As A Kickstand

I think the real purpose of this glass that people that are actively texting and using their phones are people actually drinking less

so they show a bartender completely overflowing a glass and then you expect me to put that glass on my phone... and who ever sits at a bar??

so they show a bartender completely overflowing a glass and then you expect me to put that glass on my phone... and who ever sits at a bar??
Lots of people sit at the bar. It's a great place to sit and "shoot the breeze" with folks, especially at the right bar. You'd be surprised how relaxing it is to sit and chill in a bar that isn't filled with drunken kids falling over from shotgunning a few pitchers.

As for bars that discourage playing with your phone? Pass, 100%. I'll drink my drink at the pace I want to drink it and tip just as well, if not a little more. I don't always want to watch what's on the TV and if neighboring patrons or the bartender(s) aren't good conversation, there's always my phone.

But... how do they account for different thicknesses of phones? :(

A thin phone, or even that iPhone without a case, would topple a glass.

I see it a way to engage people in conversation face to face rather than being hidden behind the internet. Whoever, if you need someone to invent this glass to get away from your phone for half an hour then you need to reassess your "relationship" with your phone. When I go to a restaurant or bar I intend to spend an enjoyable evening with friends engaged in conversation and not playing with my !@#$% phone. I either of my phones ring while I'm there, I'll take the call (if I think it may be important) and end it as fast as possible.

People are just to absorbed in their (place social media of choice) existence. I'm so glad I'm not addicted to that crap.

I see it a way to engage people in conversation face to face rather than being hidden behind the internet. However, if you need someone to invent this glass to get away from your phone for half an hour then you need to reassess your "relationship" with your phone. When I go to a restaurant or bar I intend to spend an enjoyable evening with friends engaged in conversation and not playing with my !@#$% phone. If either of my phones ring while I'm there, I'll take the call (if I think it may be important) and end it as fast as possible.

People are just to absorbed in their (place social media of choice here) existence. I'm so glad I'm not addicted to that crap.

so they show a bartender completely overflowing a glass and then you expect me to put that glass on my phone...

I think that's the real beauty of this design. I know more then a few people who need their phones to take a permanent shit.

Dumb idea honestly. But doesn't matter to me, I don't go to bars. A night of drinking stupidly over priced drinks does a better job of stocking my liquor cabinet. Plus there is the added benefit of not having to deal with other people. A nice drink relaxing in the peace and quite of my house or backyard.

I remember sitting in a bar with my other half a few weeks ago. Two girls came in, ordered a bottle of wine, sat down and just txt/tweet/Facebooked through the whole bottle.

They hardly said a word to each other. Just tapping away on their teeny tiny iPhones.

Each to their own...but.....

I remember sitting in a bar with my other half a few weeks ago. Two girls came in, ordered a bottle of wine, sat down and just txt/tweet/Facebooked through the whole bottle.

They hardly said a word to each other. Just tapping away on their teeny tiny iPhones.

Each to their own...but.....

I saw a bunch of Japanese kids at the airport.. they were together in a group and none of them exchanged a word, everyone was just tapping their mobile devices. Probably they were even chatting online to eachothers lol!

I saw a bunch of Japanese kids at the airport.. they were together in a group and none of them exchanged a word, everyone was just tapping their mobile devices. Probably they were even chatting online to eachothers lol!

Ahh yes we have a Chinese restaurant up the road from where we live, its pretty good as it's always full of 'authentic folks'.

You often see a table of 7-8 Asian teens all sitting around just quietly tapping away. No conversation or eye contact.

What a great social night out!

They don't seem to eat either. Why bother???:confused:

Whoever made that obviously doesn't go to bars or doesn't mind getting beer all over his phone.

My phone stays in my pocket if I'm hanging out with people at a restaurant or bar. Unless I need to look something up to win an argument, or check my Facebook wall, or text someone, or look at puppy videos, or to ignore people in a passive aggressive manner.

Whoever made that obviously doesn't go to bars or doesn't mind getting beer all over his phone.

I think really it's just a publicity stunt to make a point.

As a bar owner I would kind of despair if I all I saw was folks glued to their phones rather than engaging each other in conversation, music etc.

Kind of kills the atmosphere.

I am 31, and i feel like im to old to hang out at a bar. I do think people spend way to much time on their smartphones though. Drives me nuts watching a movie with my wife and half the time her face is buried in facebook.

28 and wife is 24. We enjoy sitting at the bar regularly. Guess we are old.

Not sure how well this would work in the real world though.

I'd love to see these in use. My wife's family insists on big restaurant gatherings, yet it seems that half the table has their head stuck in a smartphone the whole time (or has wandered off to make a phone call). If the only other non-phone user is too far down the table to talk to, you might as well just be eating by yourself. If the glasses aren't available, perhaps a pitcher of water in the middle I can dunk phones in?

Got to remember a lot of under 21's on this forum I reckon.

Either that or they are 21 and their idea of socializing at a bar still involves what is basically nothing more than a a crappy and overcrowded club with a bunch of people impersonating nonsense that they see in movies.

I doubt many of the forum users here understand the concept of chilling in a lounge drinking a scotch while having a conversation with people, with getting hammered not being the primary goal.

Back