been outta the game loop...what should i get?

Evanthes

Limp Gawd
Hey all I'm back from college and somehow managed to fend off computer games most of the year...havent really been keeping track of the games and all. Ive been playing Counterstrike for years, i saw that condition zero is out now...is that worth buying? or should i just play regular cs, or do i sound like a newb?
are there any other cool games out right now (dont mention Everquest, I'm off that and I cant go back!)
played Age of Mythology against my Girlfriends brother and that seemed pretty good.
i dont have much money to buy more then one game so let me know what you guys think is the best game to buy right now that can help me pass some time.
thanks guys

Well i could reccomend some stuff but i don't know what you like and all, so you're best bet is to go down to the local comp store and have a look

Since your only looking for a single game, give us a category to talk about. I mean are you looking for a RTS game like Age of Myth. or a FPS game like CS?

well thats the thing it really doesnt matter i play all sorts of games, but mainly RTS and FPS...dont really want a MMORPG as i still want to have a life

get a xbox and be ready for halo 2 :) would cost you less then upgrading your pc

if you have even slight interest in star wars and/or liked baldurs gate games or rpgs get knights of the old republic. Best game i have played in the past year i would say. I am not one to even beat games but I am on my second time through playing dark side

I have to agree that Knights of the Old Republic would be a good one for you to get. It was amazing, and was one of my favorites of the year.

Kotor was the last game i played before i went to college...played it on xbox and was by far one of my fav games...im thinking i might go back and beat it (both sides)...again .
when is Halo 2 coming out (i already have an xbox)

get it for pc if you have a decent pc. The graphics rock and the controls are much better imo. Also baldurs gate full collection is only 20 dollars ;)

oh yes and best buy has kotor for only 20 bucks as well. The second one is coming out pretty cool and you play from the sith side apparently. I cant wait!

Wowsers. So many choices! :p

I agree with all votes for KOTOR; it was one of the best of 2003.

I'm a fan of shooters, sneakers, and RPG's; maybe someone else can help you out with an RTS, although I've heard good things about Desert Rats v. Afrika Corps., and C&C Generals still has some life left in it.

As for me, I've been consumed with (in chronological starting at most recent):
-Thief 3
-Hitman Contracts
-Manhunt
-Painkiller
-Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
-Unreal Tournament 2004

Everyone seems to love Far Cry, and I'd be remiss not to mention it, although I think the game was nothing to write home about (although let's not start this discussion again).

So yeah, KOTOR, Splinter Cell, and UT would be my picks for the past few months.

Enjoy!

And trust me, don't waste your money on a BOXX.

think since ive already played (and loved) kotor ill hold off on that...
tell you what Im really glad lots of people liked that game...Never played a game where the story had me jumping up and down with excitement like Kotor did.
but yeah checked out that ninja gaiden game for xbox...looks pretty cool, graphics look decent also, might check that one out at the store if i go tommorrow...
I really liked the original UT so hopefully UT 2004 is as fun as that was..., definatly gonna give that a looksee also :)
thanks a lot for the feedback guys greatly appreciated

Just curious, if I am not a fan of Star Wars would I still enjoy KOTOR? I also just got done with college and am looking for some decent games to play.

FiZ said:
Just curious, if I am not a fan of Star Wars would I still enjoy KOTOR? I also just got done with college and am looking for some decent games to play.

Deffinately, it's a great game regardless if you're even remotely interested in Star Wars or not at all.

I think the dividing line on KOTOR is like this:

If you love star wars, the mythology, and don't care for d20 based games, i think its possible to still enjoy the game purely on the basis of its graphics and story. There's enough tie in with the rest of the Star wars mythos that a "true fan" will feel right at home. This goes double if said fan also enjoys d20 based gaming like baldur's gate, planetscape torment, etc..

If you don't love star wars, dont' care, hate it, etc... , but do enjoy d20, then this game can stand alone simply on its gameplay. The character development, the way that your decisions truely affect the way the game plays, classic bioware stuff, but for the console market something that has been lacking in the last few generations of RPG.

If you don't like d20 based stuff , don't like star wars, and think that sword fights happening in pseudo real time from a 3rd person perspective belong soley in the realm of action/adventure games, then go ahead and pass up KOTOR. You might try Jedi academy though, no where near the level of game that KOTOR is, but something that can satiate the "i want to kill shit with a laser sword" gene.

On second thought, even if you hate star wars and d20, at least rent KOTOR, the homicidal droid (meatbag, heh) is worth at least a rental. :D

Allen

i was one of those who just liked alot of action and semi interested in the star wars universe. but i found myself very much drawn into the story. hell i'm thinking about playing it a third time just for the sake of doing it, (gotta make that male soldier perfect )

Well, I absolutely hate d20 based games but I still might pick this up. I could always pass it off to my brother who loves them.

Well, Halo2 won't be out for a few more months, so you won't be playing that anytime soon.

I'd suggest SC : PT for the xbox or pc. If you have xbox live -- it's a frigging blast.

I'm going to assume you don't have live though, so go for the pc version if not.

Another game I'd suggest is UT2k4. The game has so many gametypes. You'll probably get mad that you have so many gametypes to play through....no you'll probably like 2 of the billion gametypes and will stick to those. Regardless, you'll enjoy the game. It runs on my laptop pretty damn well (incase you don't have an updated pc)

Ninja Gaiden is a game I'd suggest too for the xbox. It is hard though. You will probably try and break your xbox before you finish the game...no not probably -- definitely.
The graphics are very sexy and the gameplay is OMG SUCK ME BEAUTIFUL....the game is gorgeous. Just don't let the pretty colors fool you. Ninja's will kick your ass.....

SC: PT, Ninja Gaiden, UT2k4........those 3 games are WUWU. I'd also suggest Rainbow Six 3 for xbox if you have live (only if you have live)

I'm one of those people who don't really get to do much gaming (other than twitch stuff or things you can pick up for 20 minutes then put down like mario kart/golf) during the school year. I still buy games though, so right now i'm buried under a wonderful mountain of gaming goodness. Between Soul Caliber II, KOTOR, and Ninja Gaiden, my Xbox is pretty much monopolizing my gaming time right now, although i do break for Crystal Chronicles and Zelda Collector's Edition (found it used at a local shop for 6 bucks!) on the cube. Sadly, my PS2 is sittin in a box. Anyone have recommendations for it? As of right now, i may let the ps2 go since my primary use for it was EA sports titles online. Since those are going to be Live compatible, may be time to let the old girl move along.

Oh, btw, Crimson Skies is another worthy xbox purchase, apparently the live community for playing quality games has shrunken, but the game itself still rocks.

yeah been looking at a lot fo the Ninja Gaiden Screens looks awesome...think i might rent it tonight

Back