Been out of the loop for awhile.

jacuzz1

Supreme [H]ardness
I currently have an EVGA GTX760 2GB ACS and just obtained a LG 34UM65 with a native resolution of 2560x 1080.

The 760 does a pretty good Job with BF4 however I am interested in upgrading to a 4 GB card for future games. What says the hive regarding a recommendation for a card that would be the best performance value?

PS:Nvidia of course and in th e $250 range if possilbe

Last edited:
At that price point AMD cards would be a better buy such as the R9 380 or the R9 280X since they have the better performance but if youre going Nvidia you have two likely options:

1. New 4GB GTX 960
2. Used GTX 970

I would probably recommend EVGA if you care about the best customer support/warranty service, if not you'd be good with MSI or Gigabyte as well.

I usually go EVGA. If I were to get a deal on a 960 4gb, am i gaining anything else beside the larger frame buffer memory? I assume that128 bit is not a fair comparison doe to differences in the architecture, that is where I am a little confused

After looking at the card, R9 380 looks like a great value. Any negatives to going that route? The price/performance ratio looks great

After looking at the card, R9 380 looks like a great value. Any negatives to going that route? The price/performance ratio looks great

Not that I can see, unless you can find the r9 285 for cheaper, they are the same card. I cant recommend the GTX 960, perf/$ isn't there. An even better deal would be to find a used R9 290, they can be had for under $200 and will outperform the r9 380.

Used 970 as they will be all over the place now with the 980ti and Fury X out and prices will drop

Not that I can see, unless you can find the r9 285 for cheaper, they are the same card. I cant recommend the GTX 960, perf/$ isn't there. An even better deal would be to find a used R9 290, they can be had for under $200 and will outperform the r9 380.

I do not get their naming convention.

I just picked up a new GTX 970 SSC by EVGA, BF looks like a whole new game with everything on Ultra on the 34UM65 and 8x AA. No regrets in deciding to drop a little more money. Cry once and all. Thanks for the input all.

IMG_0078.jpg

Back