BeeInject Virus Notification in Windows Update Screen ?

TechLarry

RIP [H] Brother - June 1, 2022
This is a new one...

Users Windows Update Screen. It has the standard Windows Update part at the top, but under that a section was added to "Remove the VirTool:Win32/BeeInject Virus" with a "View Message Details" to the right of it.

Is Microsoft actually implementing this, or is it the Virus at work ?

I can't see Microsoft springing this on people like this since it's never been done like this before. At least not without some sort of notification that it's a "feature".

That I figured.

Also, a correction. It shows up in the Action Center, not under windows update. It looked like the Windows Update screen because we have them disabled and it shows up as a "problem".

I got this the other day. When looking up on the web, this is the only place where I found this issue to be mentionned, though perhaps I wasn't looking right.

Is it indeed a virus? Or is it a false positive? The action center gives me a link to what appears to be a totally legitemate microsoft website. I ran a full scan with McAfee, didn't find anything. I updated my Malaware Bytes to the most recent version, ran a full scan, and again didn't find anything.

If this is a virus, it's the dumbest virus I've ever seen: I'm alerted about something being wrong, but even if I look and look I can't find anything fishy (other than the Action Center's unusual report).

So what did you do?

Back