• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Because I'm a douchebro - orange cases?

piscian18

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Jul 26, 2005
Messages
11,020
So I'm building a new PC but I just don't have the finesse (cerebral palsy) to mod a case myself. I'd like to get a case that matches my car which is an orange Dart Rally-e. Does anyone have any recommendations? Are there reasonably priced services that do that kind of thing?
 
There's also the Corsair Graphite Series 230T, a pretty decent looking case featuring boards up to ATX.
Then we've got the AeroCool Dead Silence which features ITX and mATX much like the Prodigy (which is avaible in two versions, ITX and mATX, the latter featuring both formats).
 
Last edited by a moderator:
also an idea -> plastidip, has a bright orange. I recently sprayed the roof of my car with plastidip and it is kind of a nice matte finish and super easy, also, if you mess up, you can peel it off.
 
There are a lot of black cases with orange accents, including the NZXT Phantom and COUGAR Challenger, out there. Are you looking for primarily orange with black accents (probably the closest to your car if it is similar to the one that I test-drove a while back)?
 
Are you willing to make it a bit of a home project? Because if you are then the steps are actually pretty simple.

1) Buy the case you think just looks the best and is the right size for your needs.
2) Buy orange hobby paint and brushes or orange spray paint. Also purchase white or blue masking tape.
3) Buy clear coat sealant for when you finish painting.
4) Take your sexy case that you bought, and tape over all the things that you don't want to get paint on.
5) Paint that case like no tomorrow. Depends on the kind of paint you use but my last shot at this took like 4 coats to get a nice solid color throughout.
6) Let dry completely, remove tape. Apply clear coat sealant to paint job. Let dry completely again.
7) Sexy orange case complete.
 
All these posts and I am the first one to say Cool Car? I own a Tungsten color 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with a Mulitair turbo and 6 Speed Manual. :) That header orange color is excellent. :D On topic, that first case that was posted looks perfect to me.
 
All these posts and I am the first one to say Cool Car? I own a Tungsten color 2013 Dodge Dart SXT with a Mulitair turbo and 6 Speed Manual. :) That header orange color is excellent. :D On topic, that first case that was posted looks perfect to me.

I had an emergency where I needed a car that day and so I literally went to every dealership in town looking for something. This was gonna be the first nice car I'd ever owned. The closest I'd come was my 2004 Cavalier S which I know is a crappy car but I loved it. I originally planned to just pussy out and get a focus but literally the state of montana was sold out. I next tried to get a Mazda 3 but all they had were horrible off color ones with barebones interior no equipment. I finally gave in and went to Dodge. Ignored chevy all together, other than the camaro chevy's bought into that ugly euro box car design everyone is going through right now.

I really really liked the Dodge Dart but every one in the lot was manual only except this crazy tricked out orange one that was just supposed to catch eye traffic. I can drive manual but with my cp it's just safer to have auto options. It's the Tiger shark with the alpine soundsystem computer/sd/bluetooth etc etc. When I first got it I was soooo embarrassed. It's so gaudy, but for whatever reason people love it. I get compliments everyday from random people every where I go so I'm happy.

That BitFenix is the exact right color but I need a mid or full tower :'( , also yeah I want orange as the primary color.

Out of curiosity has anyone seen any clear transparent cases that are good? I was thinking I could go that route and use Orange fans and orange water cooler :D


1280464_10151822241681460_865494378_n.jpg


1239530_10151822241796460_2102085090_n.jpg
 
Last edited:
Nice car and nice view. Haven't seen it over here in Europe to my dismay. The car, I mean.

In case of transparent or at least acrylic cases you might want to check out Parvum. They might be able to make you an invidiualised mATX case (or do you need full ATX? Couldn't quite get that from your post) though you'd have to put it together.

Edit: alright, saw that you've got a full ATX mainboard. You might want to consider putting a few extra bucks in and get a mATX or ITX mainboard. The latter would fit an orange Bitfenix Prodigy.
Check another link for the Parvum here which would fit mATX.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top