BEAWARE of eVGA!!

If they are offering you a GT for an extra $25 thats a hell of a deal.

They 6800le was a very short life and rare card. It is very conceivable that they don't have any more.
 
It could be true, maybe they did run out of cards and were telling you the truth instead of making you wait for ages for one, but yes, it doesn't sound like good customer service. Not very nice of them to charge you for the privilege of getting an RMA.
 
draksia said:
If they are offering you a GT for an extra $25 thats a hell of a deal.

They 6800le was a very short life and rare card. It is very conceivable that they don't have any more.

I want a DUEL DVIs CARD. I already paid $30 extra for returning the card, why should i pay $25 more for getting an REPLACEMENT.

I'm close on paying $400 for this god damn card!!

thanks for the replies :)
 
Damn, your lucky.

For ONLY $25, you could have gotten a brand new 6800 GT. Sounds like a good deal to me.

Did you already pay for $400 for the LE?
And are going to have to pay $25 extra for the GT?
If you did then you got ripped off
As for the shipping- tough luck.
 
nickia said:
Is running out of 6800 LE a good EXCUSE for refusing a RMA?
I was refused when i tried to RMA my eVGA 6800 LE card, the response i got is like"we ran out of card, either give us $25 for a GT or [}:)]get out of here don't bother us we don't have anymore cards"

Is this good for building your "eVGA" reputation?

First is charge people for send your "DEFECTIVE PRODUCT" back for an Replacement, and charge people sending the card back forth.
Ok i give up on the shipping fee, because it's my own FAULT that i purchased a so call famous "eVGA" card. I should know better than that as they produce BAD products and have BAD customer service.
I shipped my card to eVGA with Xpresspost which costed my $30, again i will blame myself for making a bad "Brand Selection", i should go with BFG Techonology instead as they have better customer care and warranty.

Latter on eVGA sent me a letter says they have no more LE cards, you either give us $25 for a GT or don't bother us. Come on, eVGA produced bad card, RMA the card based on CUSTOMER'S EXPENSE, Ran out of RMA card, Wohhooo! No more Warranty!!!

my lovely eVGA 6800 LE just ran out of warranty eventhough i purchased it two weeks ago, wohooooo.

NICE JOB "eVGA"! maybe you should change your brand name to "eVIL"[:(!]

Well, sorry to hear about your experience; but two things come to mind.

1) One persons bad experience doesn't make the company bad, nor their customer service; seeing as there a MORE then enough people to vouch that they are excellent/quality services and products.

And 2)... It's called a Limited Edition for a reason. Regardless of if it's their fault for not having the card anymore, it's like the same fact that you can't RMA something like a 5900 Ultra cause they're no longer manufactured by most companies..
 
DropTech said:
Well, sorry to hear about your experience; but two things come to mind.

1) One persons bad experience doesn't make the company bad, nor their customer service; seeing as there a MORE then enough people to vouch that they are excellent/quality services and products.

And 2)... It's called a Limited Edition for a reason. Regardless of if it's their fault for not having the card anymore, it's like the same fact that you can't RMA something like a 5900 Ultra cause they're no longer manufactured by most companies..

Too bad Did they say anything about that?

1. Labor: For a period of one(1) year from date of purchase, if this
product is determined to be defective, eVGA.com will repair or replace
at it's option, at no charge to the original buyer.
After the
expiration of the warranty period, you must pay for all
labor/replacement charges.
 
DropTech said:
Well, sorry to hear about your experience; but two things come to mind.

1) One persons bad experience doesn't make the company bad, nor their customer service; seeing as there a MORE then enough people to vouch that they are excellent/quality services and products.

And 2)... It's called a Limited Edition for a reason. Regardless of if it's their fault for not having the card anymore, it's like the same fact that you can't RMA something like a 5900 Ultra cause they're no longer manufactured by most companies..

go to anandtech Forum please, you will hear a lot of complain about eVIL
 
6800LE is a $200 card. I think you should be kissing the feet of the CSR that offered a $400 card for only $25 more.
 
onetwo said:
6800LE is a $200 card. I think you should be kissing the feet of the CSR that offered a $400 card for only $25 more.

can you do more research before replying? i'm tired of people not knowing anything but pretends they know. Can you use your brain? would i complain if i only paid $200 with a $25 GT option? jesus
 
um, i think he means the 6800 limited edition 256mb, not the castrated 6800le

and i would be pissed even if they gave me a GT as a replacement for no charge, as we all know that the 6800 limited edition is pretty much an Ultra....
 
Sounds like Better Buisness Buruea time. Even if they are out of stock of that card, they HAVE to honor the warranty on it if you filled out all the necessary paperwork and complied with all their rules prior to the warranty running out. It's a Federal offense to refuse to honor a warranty on an item simply because you don't have any more in stock. They have to provide you with an equivalent card underi their warranty. Call them up and ask to speak to a manager. If the manager gives you flak politly inform them that your next step will be to contact the Better Buisness Buruea if they do not honor the warranty.
 
DropTech said:
And 2)... It's called a Limited Edition for a reason. Regardless of if it's their fault for not having the card anymore, it's like the same fact that you can't RMA something like a 5900 Ultra cause they're no longer manufactured by most companies..

Irrelevant.
If an RMA is placed prior to the warranty expiring, they have to honor that warranty. The only instance where a company is not liable to honor warranties is bankruptcy or ceasing buisness. I just had to RMA a Geforce 4 Ti4600 to MSI. They obviously don't have any cards in stock so they sent back an FX5600 instead.
 
I <3 eVGA. Even when I screwed up on my RMA they came through with great service. I'll definitely consider them next time I buy a video card.
 
sKiDmArK said:
I <3 eVGA. Even when I screwed up on my RMA they came through with great service. I'll definitely consider them next time I buy a video card.

Same here. I've been on the 3-month trade-in program for a while, and dealing with them has been awesome so far. I haven't received a bad card yet, either.

Running an eVGA 6800 GT at 430/1.2 as we speak.
 
yes i have had no problems with my 6800gt from them as well, performs like a champ


werent those 6800LEs just a batch of castrated 6800ultras?
 
Traded up from 6800nu to Ultra -- no one else offers a trade-up program like eVGA -- great service, core clocked @ 425MHZ std. -- would buy again!
 
nickia said:
Too bad Did they say anything about that?

1. Labor: For a period of one(1) year from date of purchase, if this
product is determined to be defective, eVGA.com will repair or replace
at it's option, at no charge to the original buyer.
After the
expiration of the warranty period, you must pay for all
labor/replacement charges.

They are obligated to comply with the terms of their warranty. Tell them politely, but firmly, that their offer is not acceptable. In this case they can either send you a card that is equivalent or better, or issue you a check for the price you paid for the card.

I'd guess that they try to get people to pay in situations like this, knowing that a certain percentage of people will. For those that refuse, they send an equivalent card without charge.
 
It's late and I don't fully remember, but I'm pretty sure there is some small print somewhere in the warranty that states the warranty only lasts for the life of the card....and the 6800le's life may be over. Either way tho, thats pretty horrible customer service =/
 
Yeah, I don't buy anything from evga since my last card, a ti4200 shit the bed, so after I rma'd the card and had to pay to send it back to them they could'nt even replace it and they sent me 256mb 5200, which sucked ass, never again will I purchase their products...
 
I have an Evga 6800GT and have had no problems. But shit like this pisses me off. They know hardware breaks and should plan accordingly. If they can't replace it, they should give you something at least equivalent, or if not possible then something BETTER. And at no charge to you. Pretty disappointing customer service.
 
I received a funky 6800LE myself but I handled it by RMA'ing it back to the place I bought it from...NewEgg. They also credited me the $12 I spent on shipping since it was DOA.
I suggest you get your card back and then return it where you bought it which I'm betting is either NewEgg or ZZF.

If you weren't aware that the LE's from evga were Ultra rejects, you didn't do your research. It was common knowledge in our community. It was the subject of many threads at all the enthusiast forums. Rejected cards are an assumed risk which I understood. I checked the card out as soon as I received it and got an RMA within a day. Inconvenient but no problem...

Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?
I respectfully suggest you spend the $25 on the GT after you call evga and speak to a customer service rep. They may very well see your point. If not, then spend the $25 and get yourself a sweet card.
 
nickia said:
Is running out of 6800 LE a good EXCUSE for refusing a RMA?
I was refused when i tried to RMA my eVGA 6800 LE card, the response i got is like"we ran out of card, either give us $25 for a GT or [}:)]get out of here don't bother us we don't have anymore cards"

Is this good for building your "eVGA" reputation?

First is charge people for send your "DEFECTIVE PRODUCT" back for an Replacement, and charge people sending the card back forth.
Ok i give up on the shipping fee, because it's my own FAULT that i purchased a so call famous "eVGA" card. I should know better than that as they produce BAD products and have BAD customer service.
I shipped my card to eVGA with Xpresspost which costed my $30, again i will blame myself for making a bad "Brand Selection", i should go with BFG Techonology instead as they have better customer care and warranty.

Latter on eVGA sent me a letter says they have no more LE cards, you either give us $25 for a GT or don't bother us. Come on, eVGA produced bad card, RMA the card based on CUSTOMER'S EXPENSE, Ran out of RMA card, Wohhooo! No more Warranty!!!

my lovely eVGA 6800 LE just ran out of warranty eventhough i purchased it two weeks ago, wohooooo.

NICE JOB "eVGA"! maybe you should change your brand name to "eVIL"[:(!]
:eek: You mean you didn't get it? FUCKING IDIOT.
 
Since it sounds like they are really out of the card you have, a GT for $25.00 seems reasonable.......

Good Luck - B.B.S.
 
Darth_Fluffy said:
:eek: You mean you didn't get it? FUCKING IDIOT.

Fucking idiot?
No fuck you pal
The Evga 6800 limited Edition (LE) is a better card than the GT.
Why does he have to pay to get his card replaced? The warranty says he doesn't have to pay.
Try calling again and try to speak with a manager.
 
nickia said:
Is running out of 6800 LE a good EXCUSE for refusing a RMA?
I was refused when i tried to RMA my eVGA 6800 LE card, the response i got is like"we ran out of card, either give us $25 for a GT or [}:)]get out of here don't bother us we don't have anymore cards"

Is this good for building your "eVGA" reputation?

First is charge people for send your "DEFECTIVE PRODUCT" back for an Replacement, and charge people sending the card back forth.
Ok i give up on the shipping fee, because it's my own FAULT that i purchased a so call famous "eVGA" card. I should know better than that as they produce BAD products and have BAD customer service.
I shipped my card to eVGA with Xpresspost which costed my $30, again i will blame myself for making a bad "Brand Selection", i should go with BFG Techonology instead as they have better customer care and warranty.

Latter on eVGA sent me a letter says they have no more LE cards, you either give us $25 for a GT or don't bother us. Come on, eVGA produced bad card, RMA the card based on CUSTOMER'S EXPENSE, Ran out of RMA card, Wohhooo! No more Warranty!!!

my lovely eVGA 6800 LE just ran out of warranty eventhough i purchased it two weeks ago, wohooooo.

NICE JOB "eVGA"! maybe you should change your brand name to "eVIL"[:(!]

I suppose I should have said the same thing of Leadtek when I discovered my fan wasn't working and they opted to have me send it in and repair it with a 6 week lead time, right?

WRONG!

ONE defective product does not make the whole company shit. Furthermore can you PROVE that they knew they sent you a defective product?
Didn't think so.
:rolleyes:

For the record...not only did my fan start working when I coaxed it but I also bought a PCI slot fan card (adjustable speed) to cover for it in case it dies again. I rely in my home PC for a number of reasons other than gaming so I don't take a lot of chances with it.
 
nickia said:
Too bad Did they say anything about that?

1. Labor: For a period of one(1) year from date of purchase, if this
product is determined to be defective, eVGA.com will repair or replace
at it's option, at no charge to the original buyer.
After the
expiration of the warranty period, you must pay for all
labor/replacement charges.

I'm sure they will be happy to replace it with an eVGA 6800nu.
 
ApaThy_NeXT2 said:
Fucking idiot?
No fuck you pal
The Evga 6800 limited Edition (LE) is a better card than the GT.
Why does he have to pay to get his card replaced? The warranty says he doesn't have to pay.
Try calling again and try to speak with a manager.


The warranty says he doesn't have to pay to have the card replaced. The fact is the card can't be replaced and there is nothing like it....hence the terms rare and limited edition.
A business is not obligated or bound by law to just GIVE you a more expensive card because yours broke. The company is working well within it's rights. They are offering him the full price of his card, plus the $25 difference for what is considered to be a step up card.

ApaThy_NeXT2 said:
The Evga 6800 limited Edition (LE) is a better card than the GT.

Regardless of the cards perceived value/status to the overclocking community, this card is inferior to the 6800GT.

Edit:
nickia said:
the response i got is like"we ran out of card, either give us $25 for a GT or [}:)]get out of here don't bother us we don't have anymore cards"

It's commonly accepted that when you quote someone, you actually type (copy/paste..choose your poison) what they said. /Edit

I'm curious as to what exactly is wrong with the card :rolleyes: and what you did to break it? OMG teh 14 extra pipelines didn't enable through rivatuner....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 evga is teh suck send it back #$%@#$! evga.

And no I'm not an eVGA freak, I am not a loyal customer to anyone.

It's sickening to see the youth of today running a company down for not giving them the combination to the vault.
 
25.00 dollars to ugrade to a gt and your complaing... what a dufus you are I would be one happy computer geek if I was in your position.
 
toyRaYgUn said:
would buy again!

What do you think this is? Ebay? :p Sounds like feedback from there. Lol.

I had a defective eVGA 5700 Ultra. Never gave me a problem or charged me a damn thing. Had a new card in less than 2 weeks.
 
Do the only American thing possible.... and sue their ass :cool:

If not well *shrugs

At least you warned us of their handling of this sort of matter so people over at HardOcp would be wary :p

But anyway i heard the Evga Gt is better than the Bfg Gt Oc ? Any comments :confused:
 
mickster said:
I received a funky 6800LE myself but I handled it by RMA'ing it back to the place I bought it from...NewEgg. They also credited me the $12 I spent on shipping since it was DOA.
I suggest you get your card back and then return it where you bought it which I'm betting is either NewEgg or ZZF.

If you weren't aware that the LE's from evga were Ultra rejects, you didn't do your research. It was common knowledge in our community. It was the subject of many threads at all the enthusiast forums. Rejected cards are an assumed risk which I understood. I checked the card out as soon as I received it and got an RMA within a day. Inconvenient but no problem...

Would you rather be right or would you rather be happy?
I respectfully suggest you spend the $25 on the GT after you call evga and speak to a customer service rep. They may very well see your point. If not, then spend the $25 and get yourself a sweet card.

Excellent post.

FYI, according to a search of his other threads, his problem was 'artifacts' (no specifics)..
 
sKiDmArK said:
I <3 eVGA. Even when I screwed up on my RMA they came through with great service. I'll definitely consider them next time I buy a video card.
Stellar said:
Same here. I've been on the 3-month trade-in program for a while, and dealing with them has been awesome so far. I haven't received a bad card yet, either.

Running an eVGA 6800 GT at 430/1.2 as we speak.
toyRaYgUn said:
Traded up from 6800nu to Ultra -- no one else offers a trade-up program like eVGA -- great service, core clocked @ 425MHZ std. -- would buy again!
Company reps doing some damage control. lol.
 
wickedld9 said:
The warranty says he doesn't have to pay to have the card replaced. The fact is the card can't be replaced and there is nothing like it....hence the terms rare and limited edition.
A business is not obligated or bound by law to just GIVE you a more expensive card because yours broke. The company is working well within it's rights. They are offering him the full price of his card, plus the $25 difference for what is considered to be a step up card.



Regardless of the cards perceived value/status to the overclocking community, this card is inferior to the 6800GT.

Edit:


It's commonly accepted that when you quote someone, you actually type (copy/paste..choose your poison) what they said. /Edit

I'm curious as to what exactly is wrong with the card :rolleyes: and what you did to break it? OMG teh 14 extra pipelines didn't enable through rivatuner....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111 evga is teh suck send it back #$%@#$! evga.

And no I'm not an eVGA freak, I am not a loyal customer to anyone.

It's sickening to see the youth of today running a company down for not giving them the combination to the vault.


The card was having heavy artifacts with default setting. Didn't you see a smile face between my quote?
 
People shoud stay away from eVGA, go with other brand but not eVGA.

my 2 cents
 
If you're going to sell a "Limited Edition" product, and give it a one year warranty, then any consumer could reasonably expect to receive a replacement if it developed problems within the first month after the purchase. That they would sell every single card they had in stock and not keep some available for an expected percentage of defective returns is poor business for a company that large. Only way I can see it as being acceptable is if it was close to the end of the warranty and they received a larger than expected amount of returns. Even so, I would expect the company to replace my product with a comparible product, or fix my product, like the warranty states. We aren't talking about an old GF4200 here, we're talking about a new product that's still in production. Yes I realize it's a "Limited Edition", but I don't see how that gets them out of the "repair" option of the warranty. If they don't want to repair or replace the product because of additional cost, that is not stated in the warranty. For instance, some warranties will limit their liability to a certain dollar value.

Obviously I don't know the whole story and am just basing this off what the thread starter said his experience was.

Call or email eVGA back and tell them you want a compariable performing card if they cannot repair or replace your RMAd card or you would like a refund. I mean, don't just roll over and die because they said you owe them $25. Stand up for yourself and your rights or you're just going to be trampled on.
 
Calavaro said:
Company reps doing some damage control. lol.

Yes, nVidia has a huge super-secret underground marketing department lair here in Stephenville "Cowboy Capitol of the World", TX. :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top