Be Wary of the Fake Chrome, Adobe Flash Updates

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Phishers are getting more sophisticated every year. Most attempts to get your information is pretty amateurish and can be spotted a mile away by even the most casual of Internet users. This attempt to dupe you will take a little more attention to detail not to be fooled.

I know a lot of my customers are going to be calling me on this one. Thanks for the heads up since usually a story that pops up like this is like the warning before the storm. I am not complaining because I get to make money off of it and it's been a dry spell for the past month with the exception of some botched Micro$oft drivers that had to be pulled.

I have seen those fake updates off pic hosting sites and "heard" that they also show up pron sites. :p

Thank you for the heads-up. I'll pass this along to friends/family/customers.

These have been around a while, though I don't know if they've been signed. Even my daughter knows not to install these, for fear of being beaten.

This is hardly new. Been removing this crap from customers PCs for years... they try to download plugins or programs and with all the fake download button ads, and so many crap search results... pretty good job security for me.

That fake Adobe Flash updater has HAMMERED a lot of my ..........more mature clients.

Yeah, had to clean this off son's computer. It installed search conduit and some other Trojan. had to use a malwarebytes and autoruns after fixing the his browers

I've been seeing a lot of fake Flash, Firefox and Chrome update "notices" lately, more than usual.
Just cleaned out my roommates pc, some of the stuff he clicks on...yikes. Makes me happy he doesn't spend any cash on the 'net, cause he'd click to buy anything...

I've been seeing a lot of fake Flash, Firefox and Chrome update "notices" lately, more than usual.
Just cleaned out my roommates pc, some of the stuff he clicks on...yikes. Makes me happy he doesn't spend any cash on the 'net, cause he'd click to buy anything...

Can you have your roommate call me? You see, I'm a Nigerian prince, and I wish to wire him $10,000, pending his approval. :D

These fake things are all over the online streaming movie sites ... I get support calls from my parents. I saw one of the pages -- very convincing. I can't remember what it was claiming to update, Flash, DivX, or Java I think.

Back