Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W PSU

HardOCP News

[H] News
PC Perspective has the Dark Power Pro 10 850W PSU from Be Quiet! strapped to the test bench today for a little review action. Here's a quote from the full review:

Be Quiet! has taken an already great power supply in the form of a Seasonic X-series unit, and made it even better. The enhancements made to the Dark Power Pro 10 850W power supply translates to “legendary silence and cutting edge performance”; just like Be Quiet! claims.

That power supply is:

1) Totally awesome. Pretty much perfect in every way.

2) Totally unaffordable.

I got that PSU, its excellent in every aspect. Can only recommend it over any other brand when one does look for top notch technologoy and reliability. Here in Germany Be Quiet also offers a 24-48 hour cross shipping replacement service in case of a defect.

Last edited:
I have bought the 650W version. Still waiting for it to arrive though. It's said to be made by FSP, which was one of the reasons for my choice (I was scared away from Seasonic after all stories about coil whine).

My corsair ax850 is quiet cause the fan never has to come on. Can't any quieter than that.

I have bought the 650W version. Still waiting for it to arrive though. It's said to be made by FSP, which was one of the reasons for my choice (I was scared away from Seasonic after all stories about coil whine).

Scared away from one of the top brands in the world?

I got that PSU, its excellent in every aspect. Can only recommend it over any other brand when one does look for top notch technologoy and reliability. Here in Germany Be Quiet also offers a 24-48 hour cross shipping replacement service in case of a defect.

lmao I said this just a couple days ago and now mine broke. I re-run the Windows 8 WEI after upgrading to Nvidia Driver 320.49 and my PC would completely power off the moment it does the D3D10 Buffer test and re-powers itselfs after. This only happened on the 12V3 Rail, I tested it multiple times and the 12V4 Rail was all stable when I connected my Titan there.

I have no clue why but the specific part of WEI,
Code:
winsat d3d -dx10 -cbuffer
, must pull an incredible amount of amperes, I can still run benchmarks on the affected Rail but this command causes my PC to power off.

Oh well now I can make use of their great cross shipping service. Lemons are found everywhere, i'm still saying this is a great PSU.

Scared away from one of the top brands in the world?

It's not a top brand anymore if they ship out shitty power supplies.
I personally think coil whine is one of the most annoying sounds there is.

Back