Be nice to EA or else no more games for you!

Gnasher

[H]ard|Gawd
They are the soup nazi of gaming. This just can't be legal but I'm sure their BS EULA claims it is. Fuck EA, I'm done with them, I don't post on their forums anyway but this just makes me angry enough to boycott them just like I have boycotted Ubisoft for being DRM douchebags.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/11/14/ea-forum-bans-are-still-affecting-games/

"We are receiving information from a number of gamers who have received forum bans for a variety of reasons who are finding they’re unable to play Battlefield 3 (or indeed any other game tied into the EA user account), and worse, when they try to contact EA for help sorting this out, they are either ignored or told it’s tough."

If they got bans for trolling or being idiots, then they deserve to have everything taken away, too many stupid people not getting punished for their actions.

If they got bans for trolling or being idiots, then they deserve to have everything taken away, too many stupid people not getting punished for their actions.

+1..

sucks for them, they shouldn't of acted like douche bags on the official forums.. its a little thing called common sense, if you don't have it then to effing bad.

Sure, take it all away, and give them back their money, after all you are taking away even the single player purchase.

BTW it is obvious that you didn't read the article, but most cases of bans are on the retarded side, like someone was banned because he said nazi... when talking of a game set on the WWII and which indeed has the nazi as your enemy.

Don't you feel stupid now that you spouted that crap without reading?

+1..

sucks for them, they shouldn't of acted like douche bags on the official forums.. its a little thing called common sense, if you don't have it then to effing bad.

Except that it is illegal if you don't do a money refund, and again, you are speaking without reading the effing article and just being baseless.

RTFA.

This was discussed already on a different thread btw:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1651450

Sure, take it all away, and give them back their money, after all you are taking away even the single player purchase.

BTW it is obvious that you didn't read the article, but most cases of bans are on the retarded side, like someone was banned because he said nazi... when talking of a game set on the WWII and which indeed has the nazi as your enemy.

Don't you feel stupid now that you spouted that crap without reading?

nope.. its an international forum and you can't use the word nazi in germany so sucks for them.

Except that it is illegal if you don't do a money refund, and again, you are speaking without reading the effing article and just being baseless.

RTFA.

it doesn't matter, its the official forums that are likely to have kids on them. even if you are talking about a game in reference to nazi's use your brain and say german or germany instead. its really not that hard to comprehend. same goes for the guy who used the word e-peen, you know people are dumb asses and if they don't like it all it takes is one easy click to report you for it. again use your brain and expect stupid crap to happen like that on a gaming forum. its why i stay the heck away from official game/service forums.

as far as them giving you a refund, they don't have to. you don't own the game, you only own the CD-key. its part of the whole copyright bs. which the cd-key is now tied to an account which is now banned which means you gave up the right to own that cd-key since you broke the EULA.

woot for modern DRM /sarcasm.

Last edited:
nope.. its an international forum and you can't use the word nazi in germany so sucks for them.

They shouldn't have put them in the game, or refund the money as it was a perma ban, or you know, be smart and just code a replacer that each time that sees the word nazi changes it to enemies.

They could have taken many smart venues instead of doing something that is indeed illegal.

I suspect this is simply due to human error on the part of a few under-trained forum monkeys with the power to ban entire accounts rather than just forum access.

We're literally talking about 4 people here.

Now consider the millions of copies sold....

god dam EA i thought ubisoft was the worst with EA just a tab behind them but dam.

why did they have to buy bioware lol i hope they dont screw up any more bioware games like they did with dragon age 2, dont get me wrong it was a ok game, just not what i was expecting dragon age 2 to be

i hope they dont pull this kind of crap with old republic oh man could you imagine if they did lol

Well if they keep that policy up, and the 3 strikes with the strikes being based on whatever the mod feels like that day, then all they will do is actually promote piracy, as pirated copies won't have to deal with those bans (and yes most multiplayer games are getting their pirated servers, so not even multiplayer is forcing peeps to go legal, saw enough on small ghetto cyber cafes of my country).

I can't believe people are defending EA on this.

Your ownership to a video game have absolutely nothing to do with your forum account. How the hell could anyone think its fair to take away a person's video game because of what they do in a forum?

Imagine if you acted like an ass to your neighbor, and the next day the cops come over and cart off all your belongings, does this make any sense to anyone?

Imagine if you acted like an ass to your neighbor, and the next day the cops come over and cart off all your belongings, does this make any sense to anyone?
I think it's more in line with you renting something from rent-a-center then going back in and acting like and ass and them taking their shit back afterwards. After all your not actually buying games anymore, just kind of renting them. At least that's what it feels like now.

Either way I do agree that this is a bunch of BS. Just because you act like an ass on their official forums is no reason to ban you from playing the games, just ban them from the forums.

I kind of laughed at your interpretation of the German laws regarding Nazi behavior.
also +1 to you mindlessly defending EA.

Please go to law school before you try to educate us all on the intricacies of international law(If you did graduate from law school I pray it was not a Tier 1 or 2 school).

I'm at work and have to be clicking on external links to sites unknown but I will say they should be able to ban anyone they want if and only if they get a full or mostly full refund of the purchase price.

Do things like this mean that if I rent a car for a week and listen to death metal racist music and curse like a sailor in the car I should be forced to forfeit the rest of what i PAID FOR?

What if I paid for a physical copy that now becomes 100% useless thanks to EA's asshattery? I think it's 100% wrong. And to ban someone for the use of the word "nazi" concerning a WW2 game is insane. What's next? We can't call the color black "black" because it might offend someone?

I don't know what planet people are from these days but I call something exactly what it is, political correctness has gotten way out of hand and it's destroying all forms of freedom. This whole trend of making things more complicated than they need to be is tearing us apart. All of a sudden Nazi's are "german resistance" black people are "african american's" white people are "Caucasian" , illegal's; are "hopeful Mexican immigrants".

Anyone remember what made America great? It was the era when we could say what we wanted and not give a fuck what some asshole thought.

All this being said I never visit or post on EA's forums because the few times I've read there it's a bunch of kiddie losers who have nothing better to do.

If things continue along this trend - things are going to get so bad such that nobody can speak their opinion about anything using any language.

Good, I hate people that do nothing but troll people to hell. And screw giving them a refund, they already played the game.

It's funny, people here are actually agreeing with banning people from playing games they PAID FOR because of something they said on a FORUM, which has NOTHING to do with the game they bought and paid for.

I have to question how many of you actually thought through what you're saying, I'm guessing it's below zero.

I personally don't use the EA forums as there's no reason to. But if they can't handle their customers complaining about them and their policies, then maybe they shouldn't have a forum.

+1..

I hate forum douchebags as much as the next guy, but wrong is wrong and this is very much wrong. Your entire game collection is at the whim of some forum moderator with no help for remediation.

I thought I was experiencing deja vu here.

I think there's some mistakes and overshooting for sure being made here by EA.

If someone PAYS money and BUYS a product there should never be a concept where they're banned from said product. Now what I can see is someone getting banned from servers online and stuff like that if there's a compelling case blah blah blah but past that? That's where I say it's time to pick up a phone and start having a casual chat with the family attorney.

Wow, really? How can a company legally steal a persons money over a forum post? How is a forum post in any way related to a game purchase? Some of the posts were very mild and not even worthy of a ban. But that is irrelevant anyway because there is no way what they are doing is legal. I have some choice words I would love to say to you but a mod will just ban me for it so I will just bite my tongue instead.

Last edited:
+1..

How does your common sense come to the conclusion that a company has the legal right to stop a person from playing a game they paid for over a forum post? I think you need to look up what common sense actually is.

I suspect this is simply due to human error on the part of a few under-trained forum monkeys with the power to ban entire accounts rather than just forum access.

We're literally talking about 4 people here.

Now consider the millions of copies sold....

Nope, if that were true they would have corrected it after those people contacted them but they didn't and were even arrogant enough to say "tough luck".

I thought I was experiencing deja vu here.

I think there's some mistakes and overshooting for sure being made here by EA.

If someone PAYS money and BUYS a product there should never be a concept where they're banned from said product. Now what I can see is someone getting banned from servers online and stuff like that if there's a compelling case blah blah blah but past that? That's where I say it's time to pick up a phone and start having a casual chat with the family attorney.

But you can't sue them because their EULA says you agree to private arbitration only and forfeit settling in a court. Douchebaggery at its finest.

But you can't sue them because their EULA says you agree to private arbitration only and forfeit settling in a court. Douchebaggery at its finest.

I'd do it anyways. A phone call is a long ways off from "going to court" and I have a funny feeling a number of lawyers would be...and will be...licking their chops on some of this.

Why are people defending EA? This company is scum, what is it with this new generation of people that see big corporations as if they were some kind of divine power.
Really, fuck EA.

Exactly, because complaining about a forum moderator or broken aspect of the game and rubbing them the wrong way should mean you forfeit the product you paid for without a refund. :rolleyes:

You must be kidding me if you think this is an acceptable business practice.

And BTW, I was banned (albeit reinstated) from the World of Tanks forum for saying:
Ducman69 said:
"French tanks? I assume they come with one forward gear and five reverse? LOL!"

It was considered a nationalistic insult to cheese-eating-surrender-monkeys, but if I had my gameplay banned as well, that yes I paid for, I would have been furious.

Cliffs Notes: You want to ban someone from a product they paid for? Great, refund them for said product, then ban their key.

it doesn't matter, its the official forums that are likely to have kids on them. even if you are talking about a game in reference to nazi's use your brain and say german or germany instead.

Then I hope EA starts recalling their own boxes for Medal of Honor that actually say Nazi on them.

I hate asshats as much as the next person, but if you are going to ban someone from the title that they gave you THEIR cash for, then there damn well better be a refund.

They shouldn't have put them in the game, or refund the money as it was a perma ban, or you know, be smart and just code a replacer that each time that sees the word nazi changes it to enemies.
He actually was reinstated after 72 hours, but the fact that they did it in the first place that way is bullshit. It also cost them at least 2 BF3 preorders.

Last edited:
I hope someone does because EA needs being taken down a peg or two.

Enough people make noise, you can possibly go the class action route.

Cliffs Notes: You want to ban someone from a product they paid for? Great, refund them for said product, then ban their key.

It should be that simple. It would still be in ass hat territory but at least it's not blatant stealing where you take someone's money and then deny them access to the product they paid for. That's stealing. Cut and dried.

It should be that simple. It would still be in ass hat territory but at least it's not blatant stealing where you take someone's money and then deny them access to the product they paid for. That's stealing. Cut and dried.

It seems pretty logical and obvious, but the apologists still feel the obsessive-compulsive need to defend the shittiest gaming publisher around.

It's funny, people here are actually agreeing with banning people from playing games they PAID FOR because of something they said on a FORUM, which has NOTHING to do with the game they bought and paid for.

I have to question how many of you actually thought through what you're saying, I'm guessing it's below zero.

I personally don't use the EA forums as there's no reason to. But if they can't handle their customers complaining about them and their policies, then maybe they shouldn't have a forum.

They are on that forum because they bought the game, do you now see the relationship between the two?

I also know that the majority of the time when someone says "i got banned for something that I shouldn't of" that person deserves the ban.

I think every game company should ban players and remove access to games for saying stupid crap on a the games forums. I am tired of having to dig through 10 pages of complete crap to find a thread that is actually helpful.

I warned the players before the release of BF3, if you're caught cheating the new EA Global bans would kick in along with a GUID ban from us..

so it's their own fault..

I agree....I don't get how anyone could actually support EA in doing this.

I warned the players before the release of BF3, if you're caught cheating the new EA Global bans would kick in along with a GUID ban from us..

so it's their own fault..

wtf does this have to do with anything?

They never cheated, they were banned because of forum posts, and said bans are interfering with even single player.

Sure some cases are getting resolved, and others are having to make noise to get them resolved one way or another, still they should have never happen in the first place.

*repeated instances of EA shillery*

It's sentiment like this that allows companies like EA to abuse, threaten and exploit its customers without recourse.

People should not have games they paid good money to access taken away from them for using the word "e-peen" on a forum, of all things.

IF they ever dare to do that i swear i will sue their asses to the max make em give me their whole library for free as compensation.

Back