BD-Rom not working? Hardware vs Software?

IShadesl

n00b
Joined
Jul 13, 2016
Messages
21
Hello all!

I purchased a MSI GL72 6QF Laptop about 6 months ago. At that point the BD-Rom worked fine. Since then I have not used it.
At some point the icon has disappeared and onyt thing that's there drive wise (besides my HDDs is my Virtual Clone Drive.
I checked device manager and it's not there either.
When I insert a disk it spins and makes noise but nothing happens.
In Safe Mode it's not detected nor in BIOS.

Should I suck it up and call it a bad drive? I have a warranty on it but can't go X amount of weeks without due to school....

This is the replacement I found:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322243038814?rmvSB=true


Thanks for any help in advance
 
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
try reseating the drive but if that doesnt get it going then yup new drive time.
 
yeah. undo the little screw that's usually on then back, pull it out, make sure its socket is clean, plug it back. see it that helps at all. just something to try before replacing it.
 
Back
Top