BC2 worth getting?

iownyou14

Limp Gawd
I'm considering getting BF:BC2 for the ps3, but i'm hearing that there aren't many online players. Is this true? Is it worth getting or should I just wait for BF3?

I just played through the single player campaign on my PC and it was a really good game. Not too long, but pretty darn fun. I haven't ventured out into multiplayer land (and even if I had, it wouldn't be applicable to your question). However -- from a single player experience -- I would recommend it.

BC2 on consoles is exremely underrated...it does well considering it has the likes of COD and Halo to directly compete with.

I'd definitely recommend it. Try and look around for the "Ultimate" version, which comes with all the pre-Vietnam DLC like Onslaught Mode.

I have it on the PS3 and if you're just interested in Rush/Conquest etc then there's people playing (After a certain hour you may not get many full games).

However there never seems to be anyone playing in the squad based games. I'll usually be waiting alone (or with friends) for 10-20 minutes for some people to join only to have them quit after a round.

Edit: I just went into a couple of games to give you a better answer. Both games of Rush/Conquest in BFBC2 and Vietnam had close to full games. So there are quite a few people playing the game like others have said. But like I previously said trying squad games are a sure way to frustrate yourself.

Last edited:
So.... why not get it for PC instead? Online is phenomenal, totally blows away SP.

I am a big fan of BC2 on both the PC and 360...I actually feel it's just as good on the consoles and as was said if you get the Ultimate Edition you get Onslaught mode and such that you can't get on PC.

I started playing this multiplayer on the PC but now I just play it on 360...XBL friends list + more modes makes it superior to the PC version FOR ME. I'm sure the PS3 version will at least be on par with that.

I've never played it on my PC, but I own it. I recently bought a PS3 and the Ultimate Edition directly from EA during a 50% off sale I was emailed for $20 shipped. I had to get it because some of my friends only game on PS3's and I want to play with them. We're all having a blast, but only play rush/conquest hardcore modes. The servers are always full on the weekends after the kids go to bed (and nearly full during weeknights), so I imagine the servers would be just as full during the peak hours.

I wouldnt get it on PS3 tbh. Its great on PC however. Id stick to COD on the console. Or perhaps MAG

i have it on 360 usually have no prob finding games , but a mate of mine has it on ps3 and with the dlc pack he has trouoble finding full rooms

I too have it for the 360 and do not have trouble finding games any night of the week. SP game was ok, nothing too stellar, but Online MP is were it is at. I'm only level 19 with 44hrs in, and I haven't missed playing COD:MW2 one bit yet.

I think it's a pretty good game. And for the price (on Steam) I figured "why not?". Get it. :)

they just recently patched the servers and getting into full rooms is much easier now.

The game does look noticeably better on a PC and I have a PC that runs this game quite well. but other than a few minutes to take a look at the PC version (which I bought) I've only every played the PS3 version. A LOT. Its a blast and it feels great on a PS3 controller. Come checkout the BC2 thread at the blu-ray.com forums. We've got a loose clan going of people that just want to play together in decent squads and have fun. No ultimate clan BS with strict rules or minimum K/D ratios or anything. Add a few of us and you'll likely have someone to play with pretty much any time of day, as we have some Europeans (UK, Denmark, etc) in the clan.

Back