BC2 start up issue

shaggy77

Gawd
Hi,

before someone does the "did you try the web search thing yet?" yes I did :D The issue solutions I found were related to the beta version of this game. Here is what I am experiencing.

Win7 Pro 64
ATI 10.11 drivers
All drivers and patches updated
Machine specs in the sig.

I never had a problem starting the game up until this past week. I had not played the game in awhile but it was always up to date. Yesterday, when I tried to start the game, I got nothing but a blank white screen for literally 5 to 6 minutes. Then it gave an uhhh huh after that then another 4 minutes to get into the game. I am not kidding but I was able to go to the bathroom, let the dog out, find something to munch on and drink and still nothing on the computer. Once I get into the game I am looking at at least 2 minutes to play a map and whatever I do do not pause while playing. Otherwise there is another 2 minutes there.

So thinking there was driver issues or patch issues did re installs back up roll backs and everything in between but no dice. I had a 10.4 Cat driver still floating around in my driver download folder and tried to see if it would make a difference. So I have a broken $50 dollar game here? Before it would start right up and no troubles loading maps.

This is all because a friend of mine finally got the game for his PC and wanted someone to play with. This is the same friend that games mainly on his 360 and wanted to see this game on the PC. He likes to bust my chops since I don't do the console thing. After this experience I now have a better understanding of the appeal of a console like the 360. Many of the people I know use a laptop for the web thing and have a 360 for the gaming thing. May be it is my old age but something about just sticking the disc and play just sounds easier :) Not trying to start the flame war just venting on a frustrating problem.

Well, if it worked before and not now then what changed on your system? Anything running in the background that didn't used to? Have you tried reinstalling the game itself?

I've never had any issues with BC2 outside of maybe 2 or 3 crashes in almost 350hrs.

you could try the 10.10e drivers which are more up to date then the 10.11 drivers. might solve your problem. i think the 10.11 drivers are the WHQL certified version of the 10.10b or c beta drivers.

Sorry for the delay in the response. for some reason I get about 30 second look with a 20 minute honey do request from the wife. As for the changes to the system, nothing that I can think of besides the usual patch updates for the OS and drivers. However, what I am noticing that Windows has been buggy lately as in has some issues. Being the holidays, it's not a good time for me to being do anything major to the main rig.

update. I do not know what happened but whatever it was, it worked itself out. Now everything is working more or less normal again. There were no viruses picked up in AV. Everything in general was in check according to win7 performance meters as well as the 3rd party software. It's a mystery but hey it works again and that's all good.

Back