BC2 Spectat

W.Feather

[H]ard DCOTM x4 & [H]DCOTY x1
Simple question, i got my copy of BC2 from the EA Store, can I buy the spectat kit from the steam sale and use it with my copy? or can you only use the spectat on steam with a steam copy ?

Yes you can use it, it's a key code that attaches to your EA account (the one you log in to BC2 with.)

k, cool, thanks, wanted to make sure....pretty much done with all the other guns, figure ill give it a go since its on sale

edit: apparently steam will only let me buy spectat if i own BC2 through steam...

Can u link bc2 as a non steam game so u can launch it from steam? then try to see if it will work

Can u link bc2 as a non steam game so u can launch it from steam? then try to see if it will work

already is set as a non-steam game, and I only open it through steam (use the interface too much)

guess ill wait for a sale at EA store, bound to happen again.

I laughed when I saw that DLC. Paying money for skins that you'll hardly notice in the fast-paced game? :confused:

I laughed when I saw that DLC. Paying money for skins that you'll hardly notice in the fast-paced game? :confused:

meh, so did i, but it gives it a bit of change, needless to say I wont get it until EA puts it on sale, for less :D

Yes you can use it, it's a key code that attaches to your EA account (the one you log in to BC2 with.)

SpecACT is not a key code and when you order it from the EA store you need to purchase it with the same email account that is tied to your BC2 account.

It's not just skins, gives you a weapon for each kit, 50cal for the sniper kit, and I don't remember the other guns off-hand. really helps if you are just starting out since you have access to stronger weapons.

The only thing weapon wise that changes with the specact kit is the MG3. Otherwise all of the other guns just have different camo.

The only thing weapon wise that changes with the specact kit is the MG3. Otherwise all of the other guns just have different camo.

I was corrected on this a while back. None of the guns have any different specs than their original counterparts, including the MG3. The only differences are the player and specific SA gun. I still bought it though lol.

Their pitch goes something like "get the SPECTAT pack and show other players that you're a force to be reckoned with."

No offense to you guys, but I read it more like "show other players you're a sucker that buys skins" :p

I wish BC2 was as moddable as CS Source in terms of player and weapon skins. Oh well..

Or just fight for the guns

or i have them all and am bored with em ? .... maybe you should think 1st? i am not a fan of the lower levels buying this, but then again I played through the levels, in the 40's now mate, joined party late

edit: i wish it was modable as well....maybe when BF3 drops they will let the modders go to town :D one can hope cant he ?

Back