BC2 CTD when loading single player.

TheBlueChanell

Supreme [H]ardness
I've got some time before I go to work and I was bored with multiplayer so I figured I'd fire up the single player. Everything is fine until the actual level starts to load and than I crash to the desktop.

This has been a single player issue only for me with cat 10.2/10.3a/10.3's. I think it's a game issue, anyone know a fix?

The only way I fixed it was by launching the game from mission select instead of resume game. New game and mission select works, but resume game seems to be broken after update. I haven't tried resume game since using mission select, so I can't say if resume works once the save has been replaced.

The only way I fixed it was by launching the game from mission select instead of resume game. New game and mission select works, but resume game seems to be broken after update. I haven't tried resume game since using mission select, so I can't say if resume works once the save has been replaced.

Yep, the patch borked current single player saves. As Texas said, you can just reload the mission and replay the level which will overwrite the "resume" save. Resume will work afterward.

Thanks, I'm having the same issue, so good to know I can get back into the action.

Strange...I'm having the opposite problem. I'm able to play SP all day, but I get MP CTDs after loading (no errors, just right to the desktop).

It didn't happen in 10.2, but I installed 10.3a and 10.3 and now I can't play multiplayer.

I'll have to see if 10.2 still works.

When you guys say you crash to desktop, does it actually close the game and bring you back to your desktop? I've been experiencing recent crashes where I'm playing the game (on MP) and all of a sudden my crosshair turns into my mouse pointer. If I alt+tab to desktop I get some debug popup message saying BC2 experienced errors and then there are two buttons that close or wait. It could also be my OC causing this?

Back