BC2 and processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

evanisthecoastie

Supreme [H]ardness
Alright, without going into too much detail, im just basically wondering if i will see a performance jump upgrading my processor.

I thought i would be running BC2 fine, but i can only run it 'playable' with my current rig. which annoys me. massive fps dips.

current:

intel x6800
4870x2
4gb ddr2
750w pcp&c

(running the game at 1920 x 1080 on DX10 mode)

i know my system is outdated, but i thought i would still be able to run this game at higher than medium settings.

now my real question is this, will i be able to play this game at higher settings easily with the current upgrades:

phenom II x4 965
8gb ddr3 1600
60gb SSD

keep in mind i have not been with AMD in quite some time now, and havnt followed the processor market at all in the past years, but the price was simply awesome to me so i couldnt resist.

You most likely won't be able to run higher settings, but you will probably get better frame rates at the same settings. I doubt it will be all that much though, as you already had a pretty fast quad, and it's the dual core processors that the game eats for lunch.

I play on system in sig just fine. Settings are 1920x1080, med, hbao on, vsync off

You most likely won't be able to run higher settings, but you will probably get better frame rates at the same settings. I doubt it will be all that much though, as you already had a pretty fast quad, and it's the dual core processors that the game eats for lunch.

that x6800 is a dual

You will be fine. Two of my machines have similar specs to you're upgrades and I run that game on max settings across the board. The Phenom II 965 is a great chip, was a little hesitant to upgrade to it from my Q6600, but the higher overclock and cooler temps, and better stability (when overclocked at max, to be fair the Phenom's max is 4.2 Ghz, but 4.0 is fine for daily use, heck so is the stock speed) definitely makes the upgrade worth it.. Moving from a dual-core intel to the Quad-Core AMD you will deff. notice a huge difference.

You will be fine. Two of my machines have similar specs to you're upgrades and I run that game on max settings across the board. The Phenom II 965 is a great chip, was a little hesitant to upgrade to it from my Q6600, but the higher overclock and cooler temps, and better stability (when overclocked at max, to be fair the Phenom's max is 4.2 Ghz, but 4.0 is fine for daily use, heck so is the stock speed) definitely makes the upgrade worth it.. Moving from a dual-core intel to the Quad-Core AMD you will deff. notice a huge difference.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back