• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

BBS LORD

kenham40

Gawd
Joined
Apr 3, 2001
Messages
943
If anyone is interested, I setup a BBS featuring LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon). Feel free to come and join in the fun.

telnet is 24.14.168.168

Best viewed with an ansi-bbs telnet viewer. A small, fast one can be found here:

Easy Term
 
Freggin AWESOME!

got some issues . it's been years since I've touched any BBSing ... I feel n00bish. I'm stuck at the verification email with full screen editor. HOW DO I GET OUT of the full screen editor.

BTW the tel-net app above breaks up a lot of the ASCII
 
MrkXCeL said:
Freggin AWESOME!

got some issues . it's been years since I've touched any BBSing ... I feel n00bish. I'm stuck at the verification email with full screen editor. HOW DO I GET OUT of the full screen editor.

BTW the tel-net app above breaks up a lot of the ASCII

use /s to save (on a line by itself and hit enter)
 
Sweet. If you put up Land Of Devastation ( best BBS mud ever ) I'll be playing... I believe I still have the full version on some floppies! lol
 
Wow...that's OLD SCHOOL!
I remember logging in every day to play that back in my 486/2400baud days.
 
I have changed everyone's default login shell. I am adding more door games, not just LORD. To get to them, once you login, you will go to X for external programs, 2 for games, then pick your door game.

edit: So far I have also added 8 IGMs ("other places") to LORD.
 
Sinclair said:
Now we just need some BRE/SRE and TW2002 and we'll be set :).

Dang.. Trade Wars... now that was an awesome game!
When I first started playing that I was on a 2400bps modem. I would run out of time on the board before I would run out of turns in the game. :p
That all changed with the upgrade to 14400bps. What an amazing performance boost. :D
 
Frobozz said:
Dang.. Trade Wars... now that was an awesome game!
When I first started playing that I was on a 2400bps modem. I would run out of time on the board before I would run out of turns in the game. :p
That all changed with the upgrade to 14400bps. What an amazing performance boost. :D


I am installing Trade Wars, usurper, Exitilus and Land of Devastation. Oh yeah, LORD II also.
 
kenham40 said:
I am installing Trade Wars, usurper, Exitilus and Land of Devastation. Oh yeah, LORD II also.


OMG!!! I played the hell out of Usurper!! :eek:
 
Please don't get frightened. My friend from Racine built a Legend of the Red Dragon BBS shell that looks just like LORD. To get to the door games, you go to "Other Places". :)
 
To exit the fullscreen text editor it makes you use to write the opening letter to the sysop, you type /s on a blank line and hit enter. A lot of people get stuck on this.



EDIT:

Ok, some people are getting confused by the LORD BBS shell. Just remember, when you first login to the BBS, you are logging into THE BBS :) Once you are logged in and see the main menu, you will press O to get to "other places". From there you will be able to find games, etc... (door games).
 
I have setup DNS names for the BBS now, you can use:

sunrisebbs.darktech.org or

thesunrisebbs.dtdns.net

I have added a lot of door games and also a lot of IGMs for LORD.
 
Frobozz said:
Dang.. Trade Wars... now that was an awesome game!
When I first started playing that I was on a 2400bps modem. I would run out of time on the board before I would run out of turns in the game. :p
That all changed with the upgrade to 14400bps. What an amazing performance boost. :D

Hah yeah, same here. 386/25 on a 2400 modem. Since he has TW2002 now, I'll definatly be playing there.. maybe we can get a good game going on. :)
 
I have reset LORD (Legend of the Red Dragon) to give all new users an equal playing field. The new game starts today at 10:10 am.
 
If anyone is having any problems, please feel free to contact me by Instant Messenger:

msn: kenham40(at)hotmail.com
yahoo: kenham40
aim: kenham21
ICQ: 7289918
 
I have installed 14 IGMs for L.O.R.D. After 1 weeks time I will put up a poll asking which are the top 6 people enjoy. The top 6 will stay, the others will be removed. I will try and bring new content once a month (new IGMs).
 
Just wanted to let anyone that has or hasn't joined yet, I have now setup the webserver portion of Syncronet. You can view the L.O.R.D scores from the web as well as join as a new user from the actual website (instead of doing it from telnet).

http://sunrisebbs.darktech.org
 
I just wanted to let everyone know there is more than just LORD on the BBS.

I have set up Usurper, Exitilus, Land of Destruction and many others. There are 10 DOOR games in all. You can sign up as a new user from the website now and there is a link to the telnet server right on the page.

http://sunrisebbs.darktech.org
 
Old school :)

There are still quite a few TW2002 games out there, google reveals all.
 
dear god,

don't bring up TW2002.. i spent half of high school playing that.. makes me wanna get back into it...but i have projects I want to be working on..

damn you, old school!!

TW2002 > any modern RTS.
 
v6maro said:
is it down tonight???


Sorry about that, it's back up now. Windows updates auto installed and reset the computer itself. Found the machine at the login screen when I got up this morning.
 
KodiakStar said:
Don't look. but they are making a newer version of TW2002


i remember spending like 20 bucks on a TW helper program that would let me write scripts to auto-trade/map the universe/etc... man i miss that game..
 
illumina315 said:
i remember spending like 20 bucks on a TW helper program that would let me write scripts to auto-trade/map the universe/etc... man i miss that game..

Automated Port Pair trading 4tw. J-TWAT btw :p. On a side note, we need more options for multi-node TW! Tried to play last night and got shut out :p.
 
kenham40 said:
Sorry about that, it's back up now. Windows updates auto installed and reset the computer itself. Found the machine at the login screen when I got up this morning.

:( that sucks, I lost a day of LORD since I cant login every day :(

Oh yeah, what time/timezone does a 'day' reset in LORD?
 
Back
Top