Bay Trail-T CPUs support WiDi?

pdp76

Weaksauce
I'm talking about the newer ones like the Z3735. I see in specs it has WiDi 3.5 which is compatible with Miracast, but does it also support the legacy (original) WiDi 2.0 and 1.0?

Since the Z3700 series is WiDi compatible, I would *think* it would have at least some backward compatibility with older WiDi receivers.. but after much searching, I can't seem to find a solid answer.

For example, some of Netgear's older WiDi receivers are supposed to work with Intel's newest software, and some have firmware updates that supposedly bring compatibility from v2.0 to 3.5, but some are also listed as being incompatible with Windows 8, which would be Miracast.

Like everything else with WiDi, I'm sure it's a crap shoot. I was completely surprised that after swapping from a Broadcom AC card to an Intel AC card, I was eventually able to use WiDi to stream directly to my TV without a WiDi receiver by using DLNA (limited to 720p). Maybe v3.5 CPU and wireless combo would stream to v2.0 devices in the same way?

Back