Bay res sprung a leak, fix with?

ProOC

Limp Gawd
My bay res sprung a leak :rolleyes:

It seems to be a real small leak where the top meets the side. What would be the best way to patch it up? I haven't fully examined it yet because its still setup in my pc, but im pretty sure its maybe a 3 cm long? tiny spot where the top meets the side piece. I've had it for around 2 months I believe and it looks great so I would like to fix it even if temporarily. :)

What kind of res is it so i dont get the sameone, just got a dual bay for my girlfriends computer and thats the last thing i need. I'd go for the silicon or if you want something clear, drain the res make sure its dry and use some super glue.

Aviddigi said:
What kind of res is it so i dont get the sameone, just got a dual bay for my girlfriends computer and thats the last thing i need. I'd go for the silicon or if you want something clear, drain the res make sure its dry and use some super glue.

Your g/f has watercooling? Wow. I haven't seen a female with a w/c'd computer before, lol. Thats awesome, though.

Go to your LFS, petstore, or WalMart. Look around the fish/aquarium supplies. There will be some Aquarium sealant. It's safe for glass or acrylic aquariums, so it'll probably work OK on your res. Dries almost invisible.

ProOC said:
Thanks NewBlackDak, that sounds pretty good.

Another vote of reassurance :D That's what I've always used for leaks like that, but since you've only had it for a couple months I'd say RMA it and get a nice new one that you don't need to repair.

Bionic_Tuna said:
Crap I have one of those bay reses!

Hehe, you don't need to freak out. It's not like there's a huge manufacturing problem with these reservoirs or I think we would have heard about it. I don't think it's very likely that all of a sudden a res would spring a leak, if it's going to happen it's going to happen within the first 48 hours, which is why you should test it outside your PC for that long before actually using it.

Back