Battlefront 2

Mabrito

Supreme [H]ardness
So how is this game? Havnt seen much on it, since it been released on Tuesday.

I just rented it for Xbox. It sucks. Unlikely that the PC version is much better.

Seeing as the original SWBF was *always* sluggish and jerky for me no matter HOW much I tweaked it, I shant be buying part deux.

Which is a shame as I'm a big fan of the concept of the game...

The first one wasn't so bad if you turned off the stupid invincible jedi/sith. My friends had some good lan games with it, though it was typical deathmatch-like meatgrinder action. I'll have to try out the second one sometime soon and see what's improved.

I almost bought this yesterday at Fry's (Sunnyvale, CA on sale for $37.99) but didn't thinking it was likely just a console port to pc... the can be pretty "bland" on those... but Halo turned out pretty well.. anyways... sorta glad I didn't get it now... I have not heard too many good things about it..

Haven't seen much of it either. Doesn't seem like alot of people are wanting to share any spectacular stories/screens - are there any at all?

I'm a big SW fan, and a big FPS fan, but somehow I'm doubting about this game. Odd that.

Sadly I was kinda looking forward to this game as I really liked what I saw in the previews, but I have yet to hear anything good about it from anyone that has actually played it. :mad:

Jeriko_Cherry said:
The first one wasn't so bad if you turned off the stupid invincible jedi/sith. My friends had some good lan games with it, though it was typical deathmatch-like meatgrinder action. I'll have to try out the second one sometime soon and see what's improved.

I use to love HOTH, I would just take an AT-AT and shoot luke again and again and again, blowing his fucking invincable ass all over the map.
I didn't even care If I won or not, as long as I punished him for being so unkillable.!

BASTARD

I bought it, but I haven't opened it yet. Got home started reading some reviews and wasn't really sure if I wanted to keep it. Looks like it might be going back, I'll pick up AoE3 or Civ4 instead :( .

I bought it the day it came out. I have yet to play it though. Mainly because my gaming rig is down, it has no video card. I'm in the middle of redoing it and I'm just waiting on Newegg to send me my new mobo and vid card.

But I do plan on playing and keeping it.

I bought it, having trouble playing it. It apparently seems pretty fussy about wanting to not crash. Just when I think I've fixed the problem, it comes back, so far I've only played a few levels, kind of fun. The graphics aren't anything groundbreaking but they are pretty good. I have to put more time into it before I really draw any conclusion, I'm jumping between like 4 games right now, heh it's getting hard to keep up with all the releases.

I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so when a friend let me borrow SW: BF 1 Xbox, I let it sit for a while, but when I finally tried it, expecting nothing, I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! Totally non-linear gameplay, different classes, taking strategically located bases, and tons of enemies. I'd never seen a game like this.

Later I found out it was a ripoff of another series I'd never really looked into, Battlefield. Now I think BF2 is the greatest thing ever and I can't go back to regular FPSs like HL2, Doom, Halo, etc. I don't think SW: BF2 will be as good as Battlefield 2, but I'll definitely have fun with it since I liked the first one so much. Still trying to figure out if I should get it for PC or Xbox, though.

rm19 said:
I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so when a friend let me borrow SW: BF 1 Xbox, I let it sit for a while, but when I finally tried it, expecting nothing, I thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread! Totally non-linear gameplay, different classes, taking strategically located bases, and tons of enemies. I'd never seen a game like this.

Later I found out it was a ripoff of another series I'd never really looked into, Battlefield. Now I think BF2 is the greatest thing ever and I can't go back to regular FPSs like HL2, Doom, Halo, etc. I don't think SW: BF2 will be as good as Battlefield 2, but I'll definitely have fun with it since I liked the first one so much. Still trying to figure out if I should get it for PC or Xbox, though.
its not a rip-off of it, it was built on the same engine. lucas arts has done the same thing a few times with other games. bf1 was just one of the more popular ones.

Joril said:
Haven't seen much of it either. Doesn't seem like alot of people are wanting to share any spectacular stories/screens - are there any at all?

I'm a big SW fan, and a big FPS fan, but somehow I'm doubting about this game. Odd that.

I will take some. I love it u can be all kinds of jedi, depends on the stage u are on. nothing like being yoda LOL.. the area's are nice and looks great and its not hard to kill a jedi unlike the first one.

I like the space battles in it. That's what I mainly bought it for. I have to say I've never had so many technical issues with a game for a very long time. I can't get the bastard to run stable at all. Not in Windows XP 32, or x64 Edition. I've tried many drivers from 78.01-81.85WHQL's and I've had nothing but trouble with it. It will either hard lock the machine or BSOD it. I can rarely make it through an entire map. From a technical standpoint, I think the thing sucks ass. Maybe just my system configuration, but I've never had trouble with any games other than this one on my rig.

The gameplay isn't bad, but the game is somewhat repetative. If you were a fan of space combat games (Freespace 1&2, Wing Commander series) I'd say it's worth a look. The ground stuff has some new vehicles and maps, but isn't leaps and bounds over the original.

wow.. and here I thought FEAR was pretty bad... sounds like this one is pretty buggy also.. I hate buggy games.. wow. So frustrating..

some people on my floor are obsessed with it. i'd play it, but i don't see what's so good about it. looks kind of unpolished and too easy to play. just another standard console shooter.

revenant said:
wow.. and here I thought FEAR was pretty bad... sounds like this one is pretty buggy also.. I hate buggy games.. wow. So frustrating..

I found that if I set CPU affinity for it, the game is alot more stable. Still, it does crash from time to time. However, it just crashes to the desktop now. No more BSOD's or anything like that.

What was wrong with FEAR? I experienced no problems with that game? Nor did anyone I know that is or has played it.

Back