Battlefront 2 $13.33 @ Origin

Dang, now I have to wonder if EA should get my $$ (regardless, thanks OP)

Last edited:
Thanks for the heads up, gonna pick it up when I get home. Always enjoyed this game ( the 1st ) but was playing too many games already to get the new one.

How’s the multiplayer community? Are people still playing?

edit: eh bought it anyway. $13 is cheap.

Last edited:
Buying this game was one of my most recent regrets. Incredibly disappointed. I paid more than $13 but knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t hand them 5.

Reactions: Hulk
like this
Buying this game was one of my most recent regrets. Incredibly disappointed. I paid more than $13 but knowing what I know now, I wouldn’t hand them 5.
And what is it that you now know, but didn't when you purchased?

I'm not trying to be clever, just want to know why shouldn't I buy it at $13.

To not support the anti consumer practices this game had at launch. Vite with your wallet and send a message to companies like EA so they don't pull this shit again.

I didn’t have fun. The first one I had fun. The second felt like I was grinding an MMO to get gear upgrades that either didn’t matter or broke the balance of the game. Also they completely changed the way the fighters flew, and heros worked. The story was a let down, and as usual, EA/DICE perceptibly did little to nothing to stop blatant cheaters.

Keep in mind though I come from the generation of gamers who grew up with games like Unreal Tournament, BF1942, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Quake. Games where raw FPS skill and strategy mattered more than meta gaming and grinding a weapon. Your mileage may very.

To not support the anti consumer practices this game had at launch. Vite with your wallet and send a message to companies like EA so they don't pull this shit again.
That was entirely overblown.

EA removed the paid lootboxes before launch and has never put it back in. Meanwhile games like PubG have paid lootboxes and people eat it up. You come back with cosmetics vs, player upgrades that affect the game. Ok. Valid to a degree but a few rebuttals. 1) A good player will still beat a novice player who buys the loot box, 2) they didn’t force you to buy anything, and you could unlock everything with playtime. 3) the consumer already won, by throwing such a fit in mass that EA took all of that out before launch. Thus now, you are punishing them for listening.

I didn’t have fun. The first one I had fun. The second felt like I was grinding an MMO to get gear upgrades that either didn’t matter or broke the balance of the game. Also they completely changed the way the fighters flew, and heros worked.

Keep in mind though I come from the generation of gamers who grew up with games like Unreal Tournament, BF1942, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, and Quake. Games where raw FPS skill mattered more than meta gaming and grinding a weapon. Your mileage may very.
I’ve been an avid PC gamer since 1989 and cut my FPS gaming teeth with those old titles.

I still liked both Battlefront games.

I thought the flying was better in this one than the first. The first one had precanned evasive moves you push one button to barrel roll or loop away from a missile lock which made it easy, but was lame. This second game eliminated that and made the player actually fly erratically to avoid a missile lock. If you enjoy flying space fighters or dogfighting this game is the best I’ve played in that genre. For the FPS side of it, it’s not really a breakout to title, but it’s in the Star Wars universe which makes it fun. Single player is worth playing, but just really ok, nothing breakout there either.

I played 70hours in the first game and 30 hours in this one. I’m not tired of it and would still play it, but my friends never bought it due to attitudes/opinions like vegeta535, and so they missed out, and so did I since I prefer to play socially with my group of buds.

Easily worth $13 though. EASILY.

Last edited:
I’ve been an avid PC gamer since 1989 and cut my FPS gaming teeth with those old titles.

I still liked both Battlefront games.

I still enjoyed the game. I have about 30 hours in it. I thought the flying was better in this one than the first. The first one had precanned evasive moves you push one button to barrel roll or loop away from a missile lock which made it easy, but was lame. This second game eliminated that and made the player actually fly erratically to avoid a missile lock. If you enjoy flying space fighters or dogfighting this game is the best Ive ever played. In the FPS side of it, it’s more of the same in the Star Wars universe.

I’m an avid flight sim player dating back to the first X-Wing game. I still play Tie Fighter. This game is not in the same league as those.

Either go full sim, or go arcade model. This weird in between is annoying.

That was entirely overblown.

EA removed the paid lootboxes before launch and has never put it back in. Meanwhile games like PubG have paid lootboxes and people eat it up. You come back with cosmetics vs, player upgrades that affect the game. Ok. Valid to a degree but a few rebuttals. 1) A good player will still beat a novice player who buys the loot box, 2) they didn’t force you to buy anything, and you could unlock everything with playtime. 3) the consumer already won, by throwing such a fit in mass that EA took all of that out before launch. Thus now, you are punishing them for listening.
If it wasn't from the "overblown" reaction of people they would of not changed anything. Disney themself had to step in. Look what EA does with their sports games. I do not understand how people don't get up in arms about that. It is even worse the what they tried to do with BF. Stop supporting companies like EA.

I don't think they're very focused on people buying this 2017 game for $13 compared to Fortnite monetization, and Blizz/Act. making bank, or NBA2K.

It's still $13. Click on "see the deals" on the player appreciation banner.

Thanks for the heads up!

Picked this up with 20 min left on the deal.

this was good buy for me. game is fun and holy shit is it pretty.

Picked this up for my 15 year old who is a SW nut.

Thanks OP!

Back