Battlefield V's Launch Maps Revealed

Discussion in 'HardForum Tech News' started by AlphaAtlas, Nov 2, 2018.

1. AlphaAtlas

AlphaAtlas [H]ard|Gawd Staff Member

Battlefield V isn't launching with Battle Royale, but there will still be plenty to do at launch. Battlefield developers DICE just uploaded a video showing off the maps Battlefield V will launch with.

Check out the reveal video here.

In Battlefield V, you'll fight through the unexplored settings of World War 2 on maps that will challenge your squad in epic multiplayer experiences. Learn about the battlefields of France, Holland, Norway, and North Africa. Battlefield V is out worldwide November 20.

2. Seventyfive

Seventyfive [H]ard|Gawd

Just imagine if this was the launch trailer instead of blue face, bionic, cricket bat woman.

babochee, Nokia, GoldenTiger and 5 others like this.
  3. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

LoL

4. Comixbooks

Comixbooks Ignore Me

Nice looking maps too bad you can't have a picnic there instead of constant fighting. Like the tank flamethrower and bullet casings that don't disappear.

5. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

My body is ready.

6. Danny Dawg

Danny Dawg [H]ard|Gawd

I am hoping the single player campaign is good . ... I need a new first person single player. Been too quiet in this market since FC5 and Kingdom Come IMO.

7. Aix.

Aix. [H]ard|Gawd

Feel like I just watched some sort of Amazing Race: Band of Brothers Edition promo. Those levels all looked amazing. Currently have no plans to buy this but will definitely keep tabs on the chatter and decide whether to jump in later.

8. Link

Link Gawd

I still don't understand how people play FPS games on the consoles.
    I really want to see inter-plaform multiplay done. The PC players will rape the console players.

9. Rahh

Rahh [H]ard|Gawd

BF > COD yet again. This looks so much better than what COD did with Black Ops...

10. Chris_B

Chris_B [H]ardness Supreme

That wasn't the launch trailer either, the launch trailer has yet to be released. Cricket bat woman trailer was a reveal trailer.

11. DPI

DPI Nitpick Police

The same drama queening nerds that cried in corners and locked themselves in bathrooms over the first trailer would've just found something else to openly weep about.

britjh22 likes this.
  12. Link

Link Gawd

COD is just too arcade like.

13. SamuelL421

SamuelL421 Limp Gawd

Then we would already be playing BF instead of the delay to give a buffer to COD BLOPS :p

Seventyfive likes this.
  14. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

They must be ramping up for bfv. BC BF1 servers are whaccccked out he last two days. Just got disconnected from server right before I was going to win a hard fought Operations. GG ea.

Last edited: Nov 2, 2018
  15. NeghVar

NeghVar 2[H]4U

I wonder how dynamic the structures are. That large stone arch bridge for instance. Suppose it can be destroyed?

16. DrBorg

DrBorg Gawd

I haven't seen a game with destroyable structures since Duke Nukem3D; there were maps where you could drop entire buildings.

17. piscian18

piscian18 [H]ardForum Junkie

I'm pretty sure most of the new BFs have all had destroyable structures. Thats kinda the whole point of Rush Mode since BFBC2. One of my most memorable games in BF4 was blowing up a hongkong skyscraper in BC4. Maybe you're talking about something different?

18. lightsout

lightsout Gawd

Man this looks fantastic, forget the haters. I'm already getting bored of BO4, lets do this, hopefully my 1070 can hang at 1440p, and maybe even some lower quality settings at 4k (a guy can dream)

19. spaceman

spaceman [H]ardForum Junkie

Bf1 has mostly destructive buildings, walls, trees, etc. Bfv will continue that. Honestly, it is the best of it's kind. Too bad they don't let us take control and make it fucking epic. Mods + private servers and competitive play would make it the best multiplayer game period for me.

alxlwson likes this.
  20. alxlwson

alxlwson You Know Where I Live

KCD did raise the bar!

21. alxlwson

alxlwson You Know Where I Live

Where have you been?! I know that at least since Frostbite 2 (BC2 comes to mind) that there has been destruction

22. Krenum

Krenum [H]ardForum Junkie

Still not buying it.

F@$K you EA!

Never forget, Westwood.

Comixbooks likes this.
  23. babochee

babochee Gawd

Interesting soy-boy commentary. Got enough estrogen? Those same nerds loved the BF1 release trailer. So no, they wouldn't have unless there was merit.

GoldenTiger likes this.