Battlefield H.D. Content For XBOX 360

The HD pack makes a difference
I can deal with all of that, my main complaint about the game in general is the fact that they seem to have lost their F'ing minds with all the bloom, sun glare, and extreme HDR that is going on in the game.

Yeah, they make this beautiful looking game and then do their best to make sure your blinded during the entire match.

The back of the case has a very clear disclaimer that a hard drive is required for the HD visuals.

Last edited:
Yeah, they make this beautiful looking game and then do their best to make sure your blinded during the entire match.

Some guy had a laser sight on his weapon, and I couldn't even see where he was because half my damn screen was red.:rolleyes: They seriously overdid it.

Some guy had a laser sight on his weapon, and I couldn't even see where he was because half my damn screen was red.:rolleyes: They seriously overdid it.

same with the flashlights....in the middle of the day, in the bright sun, they still manage to 100% blind you from like 20 yards away.

same with the flashlights....in the middle of the day, in the bright sun, they still manage to 100% blind you from like 20 yards away.

I find myself blinded more often by teammates who have it turned on, but aren't ADS. It then shines out beside them, and if you're running side-by-side, the flashlight bobs and weaves and blinds the shit out of you randomly.

I could seriously rage about the lighting decisions and the stupid laser/tac-light decisions

And this is why the console should come with a hdd as standard, splintering the userbase like this is retarded. It doesn't matter how big the install size is, if you are going to make this a feature then it should be available to all customers....not those that either bought the more expensive version or won't spring for the expensive addon.

This. I couldn't agree more.

here you go 20 dollars for a xbox hard drive.. 20 gbs though
http://www.gamestop.com/xbox-360/accessories/xbox-360-20gb-hard-drive-refurbished-used/42322

they do have 60 for 39.99 and 120 for 49.99.
I can personally verify that the old xbox harddrive will work with new xbox, but you have to take it apart.

Im now on my 4th xbox 360.. the first two failed from rrod, then the third one, the dvd drive went out. So instead of spending 80+ for the crappy old non hdmi xbox, i got a new one. One problem, the old external harddrive doesnt work with new. Simple google, how to make old xbox drive work with new xbox, and boom, im now using my old hard drive with the new one.
I was going to type it out, but i think ill find a vid for you. Heres a decent one, though i didnt use hot glue.. i just used a ball of electrical tape to help keep it in place.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KeFPNcgx5g

BFBC2 required you to have a HD for multi player.
I tried installing the updates on the memory cards and was forced to buy a HDD.
Get the used one's from Ebgames/Gamestop they are only 20 bucks for a 20GB HDD.

But I agree with the OP.
If Mircrosoft is going to sell you a system it should be able to handle everygame multiplayer or not.
Look back to Nintendo, the only upgrade I remember was PS2 which you needed a modem
to play online.

PS3 wont ever require you to buy anything extra the way microsoft does.
Xbox live membership $60, wirless $89.00, rechargeable batteries the list goes on.
Microsoft is greedy thats all!

But I agree with the OP.
If Mircrosoft is going to sell you a system it should be able to handle everygame multiplayer or not.
Look back to Nintendo, the only upgrade I remember was PS2 which you needed a modem
to play online.

Xbox live membership $60, wirless $89.00, rechargeable batteries the list goes on.

Well I said it a few posts back but it does clearly state on the box that a hard drive is required for the HD Visuals. I find fault with the OP for not reading into what he was buying.

Several Nintendo 64 games required the Expansion Pak either to play certain modes or higher res graphics while 2 games required it to be played at all--Donkey Kong 64 and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask. So I'm guessing Nintendo should have included the Expansion Pak in every Nintendo 64 just so those games could be played to their full extent?

But I agree with the OP.
to play online.

Microsoft gave people the OPTION of cheaping out on the console purchase. People who took this option should not be surprised that the console they bought with limited storage space is not getting the same benefits as consoles with additional space when it comes to space constrained content.

Microsoft gave people the OPTION of cheaping out on the console purchase. People who took this option should not be surprised that the console they bought with limited storage space is not getting the same benefits as consoles with additional space when it comes to space constrained content.

Somebody gets it.

Why didnt microsoft sell all of their consoles with atleast a 20GB HDD the way PS3 did it?
It was marketed as a HighDefinition/Next Gen system, but wait if you want to play in High Def you gotta bend over!

Sure Microsoft gave people the option, but that doesnt make it right.
I still think its fucking people over.

Ohh yeah let us not forget that there is no 3rd party option the way there is for Ps3 when it comes to upgrading your HDD.

Why didnt microsoft sell all of their consoles with atleast a 20GB HDD the way PS3 did it?
It was marketed as a HighDefinition/Next Gen system, but wait if you want to play in High Def you gotta bend over!

Sure Microsoft gave people the option, but that doesnt make it right.
I still think its fucking people over.

Ohh yeah let us not forget that there is no 3rd party option the way there is for Ps3 when it comes to upgrading your HDD.

They both have their trade-offs. You have to remember; the 360 didn't even support HDD installs until a few years after it launched when the new dashboard update came. The consoles that were originally sold and the ones being sold now are completely different. I am surprised that MS didn't eventually put a HDD in the 360 as standard equipment (at least a small one since they're dirt cheap), but it allows them to sell the console at a cheaper starting price than the PS3, which is initially (key word) more enticing to buyers. Also, at least they give you the option to install it to the HDD. On the PS3, most games require HDD installs, therefore you must have a massive HDD in order to support a decent game library if you have one, unless you like swapping/installing game installs all the time and waiting for it to install. It's definitely the smarter approach to get sales too and I don't blame them for doing it.

Also, there are 3rd party options to upgrade your 360 HDD, they're just not officially supported. I've been using a modded 120GB HDD ($40 back in '08) on my 360 for a few years without issue, so they're not banning people for it either.

Back to what I said before; almost every console in the past 15 years has had some sort of add-on required to play a game and/or utilize some of its features. Remember the expansion pack for the N64 and the PS2 Modem/HDD? It's nothing new and is required for consoles to be versatile enough to take advantage of new tech and techniques that arise in the gaming industry.

I'm with the OP. The problem now is that things are starting to get WAY more complicated for the average consumer:

Only in HD if... you install this (rage on 360 included - at least for streaming)
Only online if... you purchased new and have the online pass
Only physical warfare dlc if... you preordered here
Karkand pack free if... you purchase limited edition

Things have gotten pretty complicated and there's a lot of fluff that goes along with these releases. Hasn't being able to buy any game for a system without worrying about compatibility always been one of the main benefits of consoles?

Should the OP have a HD? Sure, but by God, take a step back and relate to where he's coming from. From his standpoint, it is a bit ridiculous to have such a limitation present on a new game without making sure all consumers understand said limitation.

complicated?

dude I'm sure if you went to early 90s you would be so confused when trying to get the sound play of game. Getting in the config file of the game trying to find a sound card that would match yours to get the sound playing.
exiting to DOS and starting the game from the command prompt.

Playing games these days is idiot proof. I mean for god's sake, they give you way points and and NPCs that are market with an arrow to follow.

complicated?

dude I'm sure if you went to early 90s you would be so confused when trying to get the sound play of game. Getting in the config file of the game trying to find a sound card that would match yours to get the sound playing.
exiting to DOS and starting the game from the command prompt.

Playing games these days is idiot proof. I mean for god's sake, they give you way points and and NPCs that are market with an arrow to follow.

I would agree with you if we were talking about PC games ;).

But I agree with the OP.
to play online.

You couldn't be more wrong. Microsoft gave consumers options to configure their Xbox 360in order to keep cost down for those that couldn't afford all the bells and whistles. You could buy the cheapest configuration and give up some accesories but you will have to buy those accessories seperately later if you need them. Sony gave you the full package with no option to configure cheaper, but you paid dearly for it. The PS3 cost a lot more than the 360 did for the first few years. The prices are comparable for both consoles now when you get them similarly configured.

The "Microsoft is greedy" argument is ignorant and really old and tired now.

The HDD should have been included Period. It was released in 2005, not the freaking 90's.
Not only do you need the HDD you need the Xbox live membership $60.00 more a year.

Even though EA is already paying for Servers, why is Xbox charging me to have access to those servers?

Greed!

The HDD should have been included Period. It was released in 2005, not the freaking 90's.
Not only do you need the HDD you need the Xbox live membership $60.00 more a year.

Even though EA is already paying for Servers, why is Xbox charging me to have access to those servers?

Greed!

I guess its too difficult for you to just admit you were wrong and made an ignorant statement so I'm not going to continue to try to educate you since you obviously don't want to listen or simply incapable of understanding market strategy. Quite a few people here have already explained why Microsoft chose to go this route and against your wishes it has been a highly successful move which has finally brought the Xbox ahead of the Playstation platform after years of naysayers saying the Playstation could never be toppled. Well, the naysayers were wrong. ;)

Feelings are mutual.

I own and Xbox and PS3
all the extra ish had to buy pissed me off, Im sorry it hurts your feelings that I dont agree with you.
People have opinions learn to deal with it!

Feelings are mutual.

I own and Xbox and PS3
all the extra ish had to buy pissed me off, Im sorry it hurts your feelings that I dont agree with you.
People have opinions learn to deal with it!

I'm dealing with it just fine, no feelings hurt at all. You can keep your apology, its not needed. You are entitled to your opinion even if it differs from everyone else with common sense. :eek:

Greed!

So it's MS fault that people choose to buy a bare bones unit? Maybe MS should include 4 controllers also, afterall how can I play 4 player splitscreen game if I only have the one controller that came with the game?

Seems to me that some people will bitch about MS no matter what they do so as to justify their bias against MS.

Greed!

You only pay $60 if you don't know how to use the internet to shop around. I've never paid more than $30 for a 1yr. membership.

Back