Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - Which will you buy for?

Xbox 360....Yes I am one of those choice few that actually prefer to use a controller :).

I really wish DICE would get over its blood phobia, though. I don't need copious amounts of gore, but some red liquid recognition that I've hit someone would be nice.

Just finished the first Bad Company's single-player. It's a very solid and enjoyable game. If you're eager for BC2 and have access to a console, but haven't checked out the original, I recommend doing so. Haven't tried multiplayer though as I'm back to dialup for the moment.

PC, to support the development of this series on PC and show that there is a demand on the platform. I really wish the first BC had been released for PC...

It was originally designed to correctly bring the Battlefield "experience" to the consoles, since BF games on the consoles - while decent enough - hadn't really taken off until Bad Company.

The only platform that I own that they are releasing it for: PC. Not that my choice would be any different if I had a 360 or PS3, but it does make it easier to choose. ;)

I have BC1 for 360 but no way I'm getting BC2 on anything other than pc.
It will be nice to see how my pc stacks up side by side against my 360(when the demo's out) with my 2 identical dell screens.

so, let me get this straight, if i pre order my copy at gamestop.com I can get access to the beta via a code they will email me or I have to go pick it up at the store? Of course im talking about the PC version.

PC

Provided that the reviews are favorable and it's available on Steam. Also, I use to have a 360 but after RROD (getting it fixed and wondering when it would die next) and the snot nose kids on Xbox Live, it's refreshing to play with other mature players who have some civility with other players on PC.

so, let me get this straight, if i pre order my copy at gamestop.com I can get access to the beta via a code they will email me or I have to go pick it up at the store? Of course im talking about the PC version.

Hey Neo.. Order online; just don't sign up for "in store pickup". They'll email you the information you need to take part in the Beta. They'll also send you a bunch of advertising stuff every week; make sure you don't "unsubscribe" from those emails or you miss the Beta email. Hope this helps...

Pc, I just bought a ssd to put it on also, incase it does the map loads the way bf2 did.

pre ordered on gamestop then went back to the main gamestop page only to see.

FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING WITH PROMO CODE.

fml.

pre ordered on gamestop then went back to the main gamestop page only to see.

FREE OVERNIGHT SHIPPING WITH PROMO CODE.

fml.

Lol, same here. Just go back, cancel it, and order it again. You still have a little time left.

I'm getting this for PC. I'm curious to see how optimized this game will be, but i'll guess we'll know in a week.

PC version, I can't stand FPS on a controller plus I like tweaking my games something you can't do on a console ;)

PC, possibly 360 as well if enough of my friends jump into that and play it regularly.

My biggest concern is if it shows up on Steam or not. Please show up on Steam!

Already pre-ordered for PC. Had a 25% off coupon EA had sent me for my birthday sitting around unused.

PC, possibly 360 as well if enough of my friends jump into that and play it regularly.

My biggest concern is if it shows up on Steam or not. Please show up on Steam!

It's up on Steam w/perks (beta access, limited edition) as of tonight.

Buy buy buy.

wow.. STEAM must have just started selling this game. I don't see anything about the beta tho. Can you still get the beta on Steam ?

wow.. STEAM must have just started selling this game. I don't see anything about the beta tho. Can you still get the beta on Steam ?

You get access to the beta if you order it on Steam. I don't know if you download it through Steam or not though.

do you have to have a quad core to play this smoothly with a 4890? Im running e8400 @ 3.9ghz, i hope thats enough.

do you have to have a quad core to play this smoothly with a 4890? Im running e8400 @ 3.9ghz, i hope thats enough.

Nobody knows yet but the recommended specs definitely indicate quad core. I would guess the game is written to utilize all 4.

Just pre-ordered it on Steam... Can't wait!

As far as specs, i doubt a quad core is going to be required to play the game smoothly, but who knows... Destructable environments can use quite a bit of power and maybe with things collapsing all around you, a quad may come in handy. I still think an e8400 @ 3.9GHz will be ok.

Steam is certainly the way to go; why wait for the Post Office and pay that extra $$ ?

I found the "Minimum" and "Recommended" system requirements here, and it also mentions playing the beta through Steam.

It appears that as of yesterday, there are only 1400 keys left for the Beta.

Steam is certainly the way to go; why wait for the Post Office and pay that extra $$ ?

Resale value. Don't get me wrong, I've become a big fan of Steam lately and purchased dozens of games during the holiday sale but for those who want to play a game and then sell it to recoup some of the cost should definitely go with the boxed version. I don't typically sell my games (especially PC games since they drop in value so quickly) so it's not a big deal to me but just something to keep in mind.

As much as I love Steam, it does kind of suck that you're stuck with whatever you get and they don't allow selling/trading. I understand why they don't allow the resale of games (it's all about the Bennies, baby) but it leaves retail boxed games with an advantage. Many people play a game once and them move on. Those people could pay $50 for the game at a retail store, play through it and then sell it for $25-$30 to put towards their next game...or they could pay $50 for the game on Steam and not be able to resell it. That's why it's even more important to do your research and/or play demos if possible. If you buy a game on Steam and you don't like it, you're stuck. Not that I think this will be a problem for BC2 of course, but for a game like Far Cry 2... :eek:

Better graphics
Smoother/Higher frame rates (if you've got the hardware and if it's not capped)
Keyboard/Mouse

Dedicated Servers???

All the servers in BC1 were dedicated for both 360 and PS3.

BC2 will have dedicated servers for the consoles as well. Its not just a PC thing.

**BTW
Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Single-Player Reveal Trailer HD
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/exclusive-single-player-battlefield-bad/61088

24mz3bo.gif

Back