Battlefield Bad Company 2 Beta details

mmmmm hopefully we can reserve through steam to get beta access. Will do that as soon as it's available.

+1 on hoping for a steam beta.

BFBC2 Blog said:
We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :)

Glad to see a beta date. Wish it was before school started back up though :(.

EDIT: Porter beat me to it.

Learn to read? From that same page:

Steam Beta: Yes there was a leaked image of a Package file we propped on Steam. People with illegal accounts can see games in this environment, but this is not a Beta in the term of Public Test Beta, but a real development Beta installer client for the Steam version of the full game. We are however working with Steam to have the Public PC Beta available on Steam, but can't confirm this quite yet so cross your fingers Steam users. :)

EDIT: Porter beat me to it.

Learn to read? From that same page:

steam beta is not confirmed yet. correct me if i'm wrong but the term 'public beta' doesn't necessarily mean it's available to everyone, regardless of pre-order. it just means it's not in-house beta testing...right? i took this as it being a beta for pre-orders only....i could be wrong though.

If its on Steam, I'll buy retail and then attach it to my steam account.

the only thing that makes me sad is that EA is milking the PC players. not only did they put out the SECOND game (first Bad Company was never on PC), but they consolized it to the point of 24 players...i just dont see how vehicle battles and chopper fights can be any fun...

the only thing that makes me sad is that EA is milking the PC players. not only did they put out the SECOND game (first Bad Company was never on PC), but they consolized it to the point of 24 players...i just dont see how vehicle battles and chopper fights can be any fun...

I see what your saying about shrinking the player count, but your numbers are off. It's 32 players max. Consoles get 24

Also, DICE focused heavily on PC and pc game play. Yes it's for consoles but I promise it will not feel like a console port if played on PC. The PS3 beta played very well and felt awesome. I have never played a FPS on console that felt and played that good.

Also, DICE focused heavily on PC and pc game play. Yes it's for consoles but I promise it will not feel like a console port if played on PC. The PS3 beta played very well and felt awesome. I have never played a FPS on console that felt and played that good.

Yeah the ps3 version was really really awesome. DICE keeps saying they are going all out to make this PC version and it won't be a quick console port. I hope they actually stand behind that.

I see you have never played Battlefield 2. :(

Can't wait for the Beta to come to Pc. If it means preordering right now off steam I am doing it!

Dude this new vid looks pretty sick: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/dor/obje...y2_trl_panamacanalmoments2_10710.html?show=hi

The audio sounds fantastic! Hopefully it plays as good as it looks and sounds. Oh please, oh please, oh please don't screw this up... Done properly, the PC version could blow the console version out da water.

Hopes = ^

Expectations = ...

The effects and explosions are laughable and look so bad compared to the ones in MW2. However, that is the 360 version so I guess we will see. Will probably be a direct port to PC.

lol, I bought MW2(pc version) and then got into the ps3 beta and haven't hardly touched MW2 since.

The sounds are FAR superior to MW's sounds and the destructable environments add a ton to the game along with the huuuuuuge map and the constantly forward moving line of war that keeps you going through the map makes it feel a lot less "static" then MW2.

Hmm any day now, hope they give us proper instructions for those of us who preordered through a retailer

The effects and explosions are laughable and look so bad compared to the ones in MW2. However, that is the 360 version so I guess we will see. Will probably be a direct port to PC.

It won't be a port. Bad Company 2 will have DirectX 11.

well if this becomes a closed steam only beta then this game can bite me.. was looking forward to it too.. but i cant stand steam and im not going to friggin pre-order a game just to play the beta..

well if this becomes a closed steam only beta then this game can bite me.. was looking forward to it too.. but i cant stand steam and im not going to friggin pre-order a game just to play the beta..

ok.

obvious troll is obvious.

This game is going to destroy MW2... easily. you're silly

what is wrong with steam?

obvious troll is obvious.

This game is going to destroy MW2... easily. you're silly

It will be the superior game no doubt, but I seriously doubt it will destroy MW2 in sales or active playerbase.

Graphics aren't everything,

Can you fly Apache Helicopters in MW2? Can you drive Tanks, ATV's and Mortorcycles while your buddy sits on the backseat in MW2? Can you destroy buildings and the enviroment at will in MW2? Hell no. I'll take this game over that piece of shit anyday. Atop all that this game is being developed by people who actually care about there customers.

All hail Battlefield!.

I was reading rumors that a Steam pre order will grant access to the beta, and no word if any other retail pre orders will do the same. Since its not up on the Steam store yet I'm waiting... but I will be pre ordering this game.

I do not pre order games. ;):D

Yeah I rarely pre-order games but I might have to make an acception this time.

Hmm any day now, hope they give us proper instructions for those of us who preordered through a retailer

Doesn't it say it already on gamestop?

preorder.png

I played the ps3 beta. Needs a mouse and keybaord. But such an awesome game Can't wait for it too come out.

Way too much fail in that post right there :(

Can you have dedicated servers in MW2? No? Destroyed.

I pre-ordered my PC copy from eb games (in canada) on MW2's release date, I doubt I get a beta key since we often get left out of these deals. If a steam preorder gives beta access I might cancel and preorder with steam though only if the steam release is the same day as retail and not delayed 2 days like with MW2. If not I'll find a key from somewhere, probably gotta pay for a month of fileplanet or something like that.

Seriously? The MW2 sound design is very basic, it's good, but nothing fancy.

I've been consistently impressed with the sound design from the BC2 vids, i'm really looking forward to it.

[F2C]MaDMaXX;1035163455 said:

I've been consistently impressed with the sound design from the BC2 vids, i'm really looking forward to it.

I would be hard pressed to say the any of the weapon sounds in mw2 sound like weapons at all.

[F2C]MaDMaXX;1035163455 said:

All of the guns in MW2 sound like airsoft or paintball guns.

Back