• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 6

it didnt, that was also an "account". there is no way, at the moment, to get a regular key cheaply.
 
Was $34.99 directly on Steam on the 7th. I expect a similar price over the next month or so as the Steam sales start. Might be a bit higher in the Steam sales, but probably will under $40.

Yeah, keep an eye out for deals which I'm sure will be soon. BF6 is f'ing waaay better than last year with the new vehicles and maps, I'm so looking forward to Season 5!
 
Yeah, keep an eye out for deals which I'm sure will be soon. BF6 is f'ing waaay better than last year with the new vehicles and maps, I'm so looking forward to Season 5!
Main problem with BF 6 is the horrendous matchmaking, both team balance and how it performs the matchmaking. It has been that way since mid November last year and it doesn't seem like the devs care at all to fix it. Basically around 70% of games are an absolute stomp, with maybe 10% of games being properly balanced and the rest is like 300-400 tickets left for winning side in conquest. Boring to stomp out a team in less than 6 minutes on attack on Siege of Cairo or steamrolling the defense in 10-15 minutes on the larger maps. Just as boring to be on the team getting stomped with 16 useless campers that are sitting in a corner while shitting their pants. All capping the other team in less than 10 minutes in conquest is also a waste of time IMO.
 
Tried TDM was a Sniper I couldn't do anything so I grabbed a SMG got one kill the whole match.
Rough, SMGs are definitely the best weapon class IMO though. For the first couple weeks I was really struggling playing as support with an LMG, but once I tried engineer I began topping the leaderboard for kills. SMGs are stupid accurate in this game compared to the other weapons.

Another issue I had was not being able to tell enemy players apart from the environment. This was months ago though, the game has been updated a lot to make them clearer, bring assault rifles and LMGs more inline with SMGs (seriously before the assault rifles were crazy inaccurate, no point in higher range/damage if your bullets just fly out in a giant cone), etc.

Also make sure you are using a suppressor or flash hider atleast. If you aren't, you get a big glowing "SHOOT ME" sign over your head in game. If you are playing engineer and use the RPG, that thing can totally body infantry too. Pop a sightline with it, fire and duck. Much more effective than trying to stand and deliver with your SMG on longer sightlines.
 
Rough, SMGs are definitely the best weapon class IMO though. For the first couple weeks I was really struggling playing as support with an LMG, but once I tried engineer I began topping the leaderboard for kills. SMGs are stupid accurate in this game compared to the other weapons.

Another issue I had was not being able to tell enemy players apart from the environment. This was months ago though, the game has been updated a lot to make them clearer, bring assault rifles and LMGs more inline with SMGs (seriously before the assault rifles were crazy inaccurate, no point in higher range/damage if your bullets just fly out in a giant cone), etc.

Also make sure you are using a suppressor or flash hider atleast. If you aren't, you get a big glowing "SHOOT ME" sign over your head in game. If you are playing engineer and use the RPG, that thing can totally body infantry too. Pop a sightline with it, fire and duck. Much more effective than trying to stand and deliver with your SMG on longer sightlines.
AR's and DRS-IAR from the LMG category are generally the best guns, but also require much more skill to handle than an SMG. A few carbines are good, but mostly sub 30 meters. Only SMGs that are good are SCW-10, SGX and CZ-3a1, but mostly when sub 20 meters. Beyond that it is more that the SMGs are very n00b friendly as they require very little effort and skill to use. Using an SMG at 30m versus someone who can handle one of the stronger ARs is a very low percentage battle. Granted probably at least 70% of the players in battlefield have no clue how to handle the guns.

They made some minor changes to the AR's and LMGs, but not all that much difference on most guns, if you knew how to use them. Outside of that it mostly benefited those trying to go full rambo, with zero effort to mitigate or control recoil. Mainly the VCR-2 and TR-7 that got nerfed really hard earlier, then brought back closer to where it launched that benefited, the rest had minor improvements.

Best ARs would be VCR-2 and TR-7 for close range (sub 20 meters), M433 for close to mid-range (sub 40 meters) and for mid to long range KORD 6P67, M16A3 and B36A4. The first two are hard to handle, the M433 is medium difficulty and the rest are easy to handle. DRS-IAR is by far the most allround gun in the game, works especially well with synthetic ammo, heavy extended barrell and grip that allows "fast" ADS time (basic barrel for more cramped maps).
 
Tried TDM was a Sniper I couldn't do anything so I grabbed a SMG got one kill the whole match.
TDM is one of the worst modes in the game. The large scale modes are the bread and butter of Battlefield. Breakthrough, Conquest and Escalation are the modes to go for in BF 6. Conquest is the slowest and least frantic mode, while escalation starts slower, but ramps up a lot towards the end of the map. Breakthrough is the meatgrinder/kill farming mode of BF 6 where one team is constantly pushing to try and take sectors and other team defending. Conquest is probably the best place to start though.
 
TDM is one of the worst modes in the game. The large scale modes are the bread and butter of Battlefield. Breakthrough, Conquest and Escalation are the modes to go for in BF 6. Conquest is the slowest and least frantic mode, while escalation starts slower, but ramps up a lot towards the end of the map. Breakthrough is the meatgrinder/kill farming mode of BF 6 where one team is constantly pushing to try and take sectors and other team defending. Conquest is probably the best place to start though.

I'm doing 80%+ of my time in TDM. It is the best FPS on the market for that. But part of the problem is the Conquest maps are trash and vehicle balance is not good. Every time I want to play Conquest it falls back to 3 or so maps which gets old.
 
I'm doing 80%+ of my time in TDM. It is the best FPS on the market for that. But part of the problem is the Conquest maps are trash and vehicle balance is not good. Every time I want to play Conquest it falls back to 3 or so maps which gets old.
We definitely have different definitions of what makes a good TDM game. Played 3 TDM games way back, won all of them and had fun in none of them. Shallow gunplay and a lot of low skill players don't exactly make for good TDM. TDM maps are generally not that good either.
 
We definitely have different definitions of what makes a good TDM game. Played 3 TDM games way back, won all of them and had fun in none of them. Shallow gunplay and a lot of low skill players don't exactly make for good TDM. TDM maps are generally not that good either.

I don't like some of the TDM maps, but most are good. I find the Conquest maps to be quite bad. I really only like Golmud, Eastwood, the oil fields is okay, and the one in the mountains is decent but a bit tight/small. Egypt is semi okay but very restricted in objective layout. Guns are quite good for a mainstream shooter and is as good as it gets before veering off into niche territory. Eastwood is terrible for TDM, they should have made it take place in the housing area as the destruction would have been fun.

I'd like to play more Conquest but you get killed by an RPG gunner who can reload and fire all shots in maybe 15 seconds, after having an HE shell land right next to them. Or shoot a tank, have it reverse behind a rock, and roll back out 20 seconds later with full health. The combat boats are trash to. It is certainly balanced in favor of infantry and it has an infantry like focus. So I just skip the underwhelming vehicles and go right to TDM.
 
I don't like some of the TDM maps, but most are good. I find the Conquest maps to be quite bad. I really only like Golmud, Eastwood, the oil fields is okay, and the one in the mountains is decent but a bit tight/small. Egypt is semi okay but very restricted in objective layout. Guns are quite good for a mainstream shooter and is as good as it gets before veering off into niche territory. Eastwood is terrible for TDM, they should have made it take place in the housing area as the destruction would have been fun.

I'd like to play more Conquest but you get killed by an RPG gunner who can reload and fire all shots in maybe 15 seconds, after having an HE shell land right next to them. Or shoot a tank, have it reverse behind a rock, and roll back out 20 seconds later with full health. The combat boats are trash to. It is certainly balanced in favor of infantry and it has an infantry like focus. So I just skip the underwhelming vehicles and go right to TDM.
TDM in BF 6 is probably the closest you get to playing COD in BF 6. If I wanted to play that, then I would probably go play COD instead. Difference is of course that most games that do small modes have much higher skill level or assits for gamepad users that artificially pump up their "skill". Never liked small modes in BF games as a lot of other games do that better.
 
They are rotating domination and king of the hill. My friends and I only play dom..they apparently removed it to try and get more people in the other game modes? Idk. But right now, getting a conquest or escalation server with no bots is impossible.

TDM kinda sucks because it's filled with campers. So I'll just wait for Dom to come back on Tuesday.
 
TDM in BF 6 is probably the closest you get to playing COD in BF 6. If I wanted to play that, then I would probably go play COD instead. Difference is of course that most games that do small modes have much higher skill level or assits for gamepad users that artificially pump up their "skill". Never liked small modes in BF games as a lot of other games do that better.

BF6 is better though, with some minor exceptions. MW19 you can see they tried to make something good but are owned by Activision and must make it a macro transaction simulator. They have so much bunny hopping, sliding, gay skins, kill streaks, and other things that just make it dumb as hell. BF6 TDM is a solid game that isn't hyper realistic but is plausible and plays well. Only other offers are niche games with small budgets that tend to have 1000 or so players online. TDM/DOM was popular in BF3/4 as well.

The problem with BF6 is they designed Conquest around people bitching about "tanks killing them" and "I hate vehicles!" despite there being TDM/Domination, literal modes without vehicles, they could enjoy. I'd like to see BF6 revamp the vehicles to make them more like BF3/4 and make bigger maps with more vehicles. Even the new Wake Island is quite shit, the boats suck, the combat is so funneled on the island itself, and vehicles on ground generally last 1-2 minutes. The BF3 version was great.
 
BF6 is better though, with some minor exceptions. MW19 you can see they tried to make something good but are owned by Activision and must make it a macro transaction simulator. They have so much bunny hopping, sliding, gay skins, kill streaks, and other things that just make it dumb as hell. BF6 TDM is a solid game that isn't hyper realistic but is plausible and plays well. Only other offers are niche games with small budgets that tend to have 1000 or so players online. TDM/DOM was popular in BF3/4 as well.

The problem with BF6 is they designed Conquest around people bitching about "tanks killing them" and "I hate vehicles!" despite there being TDM/Domination, literal modes without vehicles, they could enjoy. I'd like to see BF6 revamp the vehicles to make them more like BF3/4 and make bigger maps with more vehicles. Even the new Wake Island is quite shit, the boats suck, the combat is so funneled on the island itself, and vehicles on ground generally last 1-2 minutes. The BF3 version was great.

There is plenty of less vehicle maps in BF6. Wake Island is so so as Tsuru Reef is a way better naval map imho. I think the boats could have been better too, but only with the mortar turret. Seem half baked but it is useful in Rush mode.
 
BF6 is better though, with some minor exceptions. MW19 you can see they tried to make something good but are owned by Activision and must make it a macro transaction simulator. They have so much bunny hopping, sliding, gay skins, kill streaks, and other things that just make it dumb as hell. BF6 TDM is a solid game that isn't hyper realistic but is plausible and plays well. Only other offers are niche games with small budgets that tend to have 1000 or so players online. TDM/DOM was popular in BF3/4 as well.

The problem with BF6 is they designed Conquest around people bitching about "tanks killing them" and "I hate vehicles!" despite there being TDM/Domination, literal modes without vehicles, they could enjoy. I'd like to see BF6 revamp the vehicles to make them more like BF3/4 and make bigger maps with more vehicles. Even the new Wake Island is quite shit, the boats suck, the combat is so funneled on the island itself, and vehicles on ground generally last 1-2 minutes. The BF3 version was great.
So you think vehicles are too weak and don't get enough kills so you want to play small modes without vehicles? I struggle to see the logic there, unless you don't want to play on more open maps where some engagements actually requires good weapon handling. Engagements below 20m require almost no weapon handling in BF 6, generally just point and click. It is mainly when you get to 30m or further where there is some skill involved, outside of just aiming.

The gunplay in BF has generally been some of the easiest there is along with slow movement, which makes TDM etc. pretty boring due the generally low skill ceiling. For me the magic of BF has always been the team play in the larger modes. I've never cared much for small modes in BF games as there are tons of games over the years that have done such modes much better. I would rather go play something with much higher individual skill ceiling like CS etc. if I want small scale combat.
 
Back
Top