Battlefield 4 Tips

Hulk

Supreme [H]ardness
What's the best way to level up? I got this game to play commander mode but found out I need to be level 10 to do so. I'm on level 5 right now, just two days after I got it.

just play a lot, doing objectives gives more xp. Right now its a double xp weekend right? Play as much as you can. (check if you have those battlepacks, they have xp boosts)

Best BF4 tip I can give.

Don't install
If rule 1 has been broke, uninstall it.

Play something else now ;)

Play on any server with a high ticket count and a map like locker or metro. Avoid the vehicle maps bc you will probably have a hard time scoring much until you get experience.

level 7 now.

anymore tips? I remember BF 2, the 'ol defibrillator and kill trick.

1. Throw medkits / ammo boxes everywhere, every chance you get - it helps you and anyone near you. If you can safely do it, revive your homies.

2. Spot fucking everything possible. It helps you and your team, just press Q.

3. Pay attention to the map, don't be oblivious.

If you do these things congrats you're better than 90% of the player base already.

Also if you want to win games on Locker, rush to the mid point at the start. Ignore the first couple flags and let your teammates get it. Then toss kits down at any chokepoint you see for thousands of delicious points.

I stopped playing BF3 entirely. I bought the Premium and all the DLC as well. The single player campaign was fun enough but nothing compared to Bad Company 2. In fact everything about the game felt like a step back from BC2. IMO

The online multiplayer dashboard was a pain to me, and not really what I am used to. As for the gameplay it felt like one great big sniperfest of run around in random directions or a hunker down and push push push until enemy placement is pushed back or spawn points change. Absolutely no teamwork. I found myself just going with the flow of general ally/enemy movement and role playing my class merely so I could upgrade my guns for fun.

Needless to say I went back to playing Counter-Strike GO. I heard BF4 was not much different than BF3. I wish they would make open map online FPS games like they did for CoD United Offensive. Or make tactical teamwork based games like CS that have a functioning mic system for squads.

Would I be disappointed if I tried BF4? I still play BC2 from time to time and haven't even touched my BF3 game. I just feel like I had a very sour BF3 experience.

Looking past the possible bugs/CTDs. Assuming the game runs flawless. The gameplay is it such a new experience that I can look past my BF3 experience?

I stopped playing BF3 entirely. I bought the Premium and all the DLC as well. The single player campaign was fun enough but nothing compared to Bad Company 2. In fact everything about the game felt like a step back from BC2. IMO

The online multiplayer dashboard was a pain to me, and not really what I am used to. As for the gameplay it felt like one great big sniperfest of run around in random directions or a hunker down and push push push until enemy placement is pushed back or spawn points change. Absolutely no teamwork. I found myself just going with the flow of general ally/enemy movement and role playing my class merely so I could upgrade my guns for fun.

Needless to say I went back to playing Counter-Strike GO. I heard BF4 was not much different than BF3. I wish they would make open map online FPS games like they did for CoD United Offensive. Or make tactical teamwork based games like CS that have a functioning mic system for squads.

Would I be disappointed if I tried BF4? I still play BC2 from time to time and haven't even touched my BF3 game. I just feel like I had a very sour BF3 experience.

My experience with BF3 mirrors yours. I poured lots of hours in to BC2, I think I only have 30 hours total on BF3, and on BF4 I would be surprised if I have over 10. A few of those are just testing new hardware/overclocks/mantle. Everytime I decide I want to really try to get into I quit after a round or two. I thinks it's more so the maps than anything, just don't jive with me and a lot of them boil down to a standoff at a choke point until one team runs out of tickets or whatever.

Wish I had that $37.50 or whatever I preordered it for back. Could make several nice steak dinners for myself :D.

Bad Company 2 server are off the hook.

It almost feels like more people are playing BFBC2 than any of the new BF.
What does that tell you DICE?

^ destruction of buildings was awesome in BC2 and they did not replicate or improve upon this in BF3

Just one of the many awesome things I find in BC2

Yup, bc2 was and is still amazingly fun, and there giving it away for free,on the 360. Gonna check it out on their to, see how my xim4 handles with it :D

You know something.... I haven't ever tried the Vietnam DLC for BC2. I think I'll try it out and just pretend it came out in 2014. An easy way for me to look past never having tried BF4

EA is publicly traded. They only care about making announcements to investors and the performance of their share. Legally this ought to be their chief concern. But this usually leads to rushed release dates and botched products. And not to hate on consoles, but I feel that making BF games completely cross platform introduces more issues to the PC user.

Back