Battlefield 4 PC System Requirements

Its kinda sad as it is that BF3 is bigger then windows 7 fully installed and patched. the soul fact that you will have bf3 and bf4 installed is twice the size of windows is kinda sad when you look at it.

It is so very sad. And I write to you now with tears in my eyes. I once ripped a Bluray to my harddrive and when I discovered it was 45GB I was in bed for three days.

It is so very sad. And I write to you now with tears in my eyes. I once ripped a Bluray to my harddrive and when I discovered it was 45GB I was in bed for three days.

i lold

People want detailed models, detailed maps, cool effects, blah blah blah, but then when the game is big, they cry about it.

I don't understand why all of you are complaining about recommending Windows 8 64bit; that's easy to find -- where am I going to find a 30 GB hard drive?

To those that complain about Origin...really? It works fine 99% of the time, I bet you play Bf3 on it fine.

Yeah, I don't know what all of the complaints are about Origin either, it has worked fine for me, same basic convenience of Steam.

Yeah, I don't know what all of the complaints are about Origin either, it has worked fine for me, same basic convenience of Steam.

It falls significantly short of Steam, IMHO.

Steam, when you install a game, it installs the latest version. No need to do anything much more than install runtimes, which Steam also handles for you.

Origin merely downloads the master ("Gold") copy of the game, then you have to go through the full installer... then you have to load up the game and patch ALL of the updates to that point with their internal updaters.

It's probably the least elegant version of something trying to be "Steam like"...

It falls significantly short of Steam, IMHO.

Steam, when you install a game, it installs the latest version. No need to do anything much more than install runtimes, which Steam also handles for you.

Origin merely downloads the master ("Gold") copy of the game, then you have to go through the full installer... then you have to load up the game and patch ALL of the updates to that point with their internal updaters.

It's probably the least elegant version of something trying to be "Steam like"...

so much this
Origin might as well just be a front end for a physical copy there is no ingratiation in the games
every game has its own launcher and own patcher that connects to its own patch servers
even friends lists arent synced
even the interface is clunky
it was really EA wanting to give Valve the finger and very rushed
wile Steam had its issue early on its amazingly elegant at what it does
not only does it fill the DRM roll but it imo adds value to a game where Origin is just pain in the ass
EA doesnt even have there whole library on it
i lost my CnC4 disk some where but i have my key i cant even add that to my Origin account because CnC4 isnt on Origin
oddly NFS:HP, NSF:Shift, Shift2 and BFBC2 i could just put my keys in for
but not CnC4
if a publisher is going to make there own copy of steam at lest let me add ALL of your games that are from the publisher to it so i dont have worry about the disks

Me neither. People are entitled to their opinion, no matter how retarded it is though. I guess if you spend most of your time playing video games, there could be use cases that could possibly support some of these Origin haters. They remind me of the people hating on Steam when it first came out and now FF, they are praising it like some religious entity that can do no wrong.

Wait, people on [H] actually pay attention to "system requirements" of games? :eek:

Here I was thinking it was widely accepted that the minimum and recommended requirements for pretty much all games are just pulled out of the arse of whatever gypsy was passing by the office that day.

It is a third party drm system that is completely unnecessary and invasive. What is so difficult to understand about wanting to install the game and only the game and not bullshit third party crap that treats the paying customer like a pirate? Yes I feel the same about steam, I don't use it either. I either get to install only the game or I don't play it.

The main distinction here Dekoth, is that your perception of invasive is purely subjective and not shared by the majority.

But at the end of the day it's really down to one thing. We could have had DRM free digital distribution but the greedy, immoral, stupid people are the ones that ruined it for us. In order for us to enjoy DD, we have to deal with mechanisms for the seller to ;protect his/her product.

6 core recommended for AMD. Maybe this game will actually be deeply threaded?

BF3 was already "deeply threaded." When I was running and AMD 1100T I saw all six cores regularly at 90%. Now that I have an i7 3930k I still see all 6 cores hover between 60-90% depending on what's going on.

It is a third party drm system that is completely unnecessary and invasive. What is so difficult to understand about wanting to install the game and only the game and not bullshit third party crap that treats the paying customer like a pirate? Yes I feel the same about steam, I don't use it either. I either get to install only the game or I don't play it.

Have fun playing virtually no games in the future. Go live like Boo Radley in a dark house all by yourself.

The main distinction here Dekoth, is that your perception of invasive is purely subjective and not shared by the majority.

But at the end of the day it's really down to one thing. We could have had DRM free digital distribution but the greedy, immoral, stupid people are the ones that ruined it for us. In order for us to enjoy DD, we have to deal with mechanisms for the seller to ;protect his/her product.

And for pure DD, and for those that don't care fine. However I buy physical copies of all my games, and when they want me to install this BS anyhow, that is where I get pissed about it.

Have fun playing virtually no games in the future. Go live like Boo Radley in a dark house all by yourself.

I have heard this drivel for going on 10 years. Guess what? I am still playing plenty of games.

To those that complain about Origin...really? It works fine 99% of the time, I bet you play Bf3 on it fine.

I find Origin to be cumbersome and uninspired. Who cares if it 'works fine'. Edsels and motorized rickshaws work fine too.

As for 3Gb, I'm sure on Ultra settings 64p Mp, 1080p may go over 2Gb Vram, that and the AMD partner thing makes it an easy sell. For most at 1080p, ultra minus Msaa & Ultra textures will bring it under 2gb.
I think most people on Intel side don't realize the extra Fps that can be had with Hex cores, especially for the 120Hz crowd. I know I'm going hex just for the extra fps it'll get me.

To those that complain about people complaining about Origin.....really? Your complaining is no better than the complaining of the Steam fanbois. It just adds to it.

And for pure DD, and for those that don't care fine. However I buy physical copies of all my games, and when they want me to install this BS anyhow, that is where I get pissed about it.

I have heard this drivel for going on 10 years. Guess what? I am still playing plenty of games.

Given that use case, I can see that. But you only have to install it once. After that, you can just install the game as usual and Origin will take care of the rest for you.

The best part of gaming right now? There are so many quality games out, that you can be super picky about anything and still have a healthy game library you can enjoy.

Personally, I love the BF series so I was forced into Origin. But FF 2 years and I don't even have Steam installed anymore. Just Origin. Whenever Valve releases something worthy 1st party, maybe it'll get installed. But... well we all know that horse has been beaten past death.

To those that complain about people complaining about Origin.....really? Your complaining is no better than the complaining of the Steam fanbois. It just adds to it.

Hmmm, as you complain about the people complaining about the people who hate Steam/Origin? Following your logic of course...

30GB of hard drive space required? Dear god. How many DL-DVDs will that take for the (compressed) install files? Hopefully just 2. Do not want to download this one!

Probably Blu-Ray before long, if they still make physical media by then.

I think it's about time to finally upgrade my 560ti SC. I wonder how much I'll get for it now...

What AAA titles are you playing that are not on either Origin or Steam?

You understood my point perfectly :D

I tried playing eyefinity on 3600 x 1920 on a stock MSI 7970 and it hurt my brain. I think I was sitting too close (24 inches away) and there was too much information on the main and peripheral monitors. I think it might have hindered my gameplay. =P

Yeah origin's not very good when compared directly to steam. As others said no all in one friends list. Separate friends for separate games. A buddy of mine and me tried to go on Sim City so we could build our towns in the same area and it took us a while to figure out on which server he started. We were using the steam chat while we were doing this lol.

30GB of hard drive space required? Dear god. How many DL-DVDs will that take for the (compressed) install files? Hopefully just 2. Do not want to download this one!

Yeah, that's the most shocking to me. Simply amazing. How many high-res movie cutscenes are there?

30GB for a game is just rediculous.

I tried playing eyefinity on 3600 x 1920 on a stock MSI 7970 and it hurt my brain. I think I was sitting too close (24 inches away) and there was too much information on the main and peripheral monitors. I think it might have hindered my gameplay. =P

Yeah origin's not very good when compared directly to steam. As others said no all in one friends list. Separate friends for separate games. A buddy of mine and me tried to go on Sim City so we could build our towns in the same area and it took us a while to figure out on which server he started. We were using the steam chat while we were doing this lol.

Weird, i play BF3 and they merged the friends-list together a while back and I assumed it was platform wide and not a per game basis.

Welp looks like I wont be getting BF4 during the first few months.

I recently had to reformat and given the amount of BF3 I play with some friends, it was the first thing to get installed. I was amazed at how much that needed. Lower end of 20gb for the initial install and another 15 for all the DLC's. 30 for just the base game is insane.

What AAA titles are you playing that are not on either Origin or Steam?

Better question..What must play games have come out that aren't available without dealing with origin and steam? I can't think of any.

lol are you guys using 80GB's hard drives?

this is 2013 yes games are getting bigger can't you find something better to whine about?

Better question..What must play games have come out that aren't available without dealing with origin and steam? I can't think of any.
yiu

You didn't answer my question. You game all day long without origin or steam. What games?

yiu

You didn't answer my question. You game all day long without origin or steam. What games?

Who said anything about all day? I get a couple hours every night at best. Kids, job etc, don't have unlimited time.

As for recent gaming habits.

PC -
FFXIV ARR
League of Legends
SC2
OSU

Consoles -
Assassins Creed
Final Fantasy XIII - 2
God of War
Skylanders with my children

And that is just in the recent 6 months or so. That doesn't even begin to touch the games I have played over the years. All without putting up with bullshit drm.

On your PC list the only thing that's really a AAA title IMO is SC2. That still has DRM it's just in game versus an external app. League is getting there though.

I believe the issues some are having with the game size is SSD space. Battlefield 4 won't be the only game & guys tend to only have 1 maybe 2 SSD's at the 128GB size. Hell I am just now shopping around for SSD's.

On your PC list the only thing that's really a AAA title IMO is SC2. That still has DRM it's just in game versus an external app. League is getting there though.

And I believe my argument was about third party DRM was it not? While I dislike any of it, for an online game to require being connected online it is sorta a given. As for whatever you consider AAA games, frankly I can't think of any for PC that have been worth a shit for at least a year. Don't bother quoting me the BF series because I haven't played that since EA told the mod community to go F itself with BF3 and made the game cater to unskilled idiots competition community be damned. Either way, if I wanted I could play BF3 on console without the need of Steam or Origin though the thought of playing a shooter on a console makes my skin crawl. As I said, I can't think of any games worthy of mention that I can't currently play without being forced to use origin or steam. Feel free to provide a list of all the "amazing" AAA games I am missing.

I like how it's recommended that you have geforce 660 and 3 gigs of video ram. Fortunately, I had a gig of video ram installed in my ass for just such an occasion.

OMG, just fell over laughing... I dont post often but when I do....

Back