Battlefield 4 PC Patch Out Now

HardOCP News

[H] News
The PC version of Battlefield 4 has been patched. The Official Battlefield 4 blog lists the following patch notes:

• Fix for terrain flickering when using SLI/CrossFire setup
  • Fix for three of the top crash issues on the PC platform
  • Fix for case when soldier can die with 1 HP instead of 0
  • Fix for the issue where the revive UI could be permanently shown after accepting a revive

Fix for case when soldier can die with 1 HP instead of 0

That was an issue?!

Someone get Dice and the testers a second card and some 30-in displays. Makes me wonder if they work on leased Dell's.

my friend and i both disabled our second card and the flickering and missing textures went away, so our experiences support what others have been saying.

I never noticed this, is it exclusive to SLI rigs?

Exclusive to SLI, crossfire, and dual GPU cards on either AMD or Nvidia chipsets. Just joined a quick game that was about to end to check for myself, looks like the flickering is gone. Of course I ran into a player with a ping of 170 that I dumped 20 rounds into from my lmg at 15 meters without getting a single hit marker only for him to turn around and kill me as I'm still shooting and appear to be hitting him. Fun times...

Fix for three of the top crash issues on the PC platform

The most recent 4 patches have crash fixes. How many fucking crash bugs did you think was passable for release you retarded developer?

The most recent 4 patches have crash fixes. How many fucking crash bugs did you think was passable for release you retarded developer?

Releasing a AAA title is such miserable shape should be very embarrassing for EA and Dice.

For many the game was completely non-functional on release day.

Here we are almost 2 months, 8 weeks, after release and the game still has major functionality flaws.

What a joke.

Honestly, EA just keeps lowering the bar. When GTA 5 came out I was shocked at a working, stable release title. GTA online was a little spotty but overall still very good. Compared to BF4 it was flawless.... which is sad.

New Kickstarter Project- A (virtual) quality control lab:
1. After so called developer's "beta test" and before it is sent for printing/release, the group must stamp the game with its insignia to advise gamers it has been checked by an independent third party. Said party to be composed of newbs through pros on varying machines and setups.
2. Or, screw the corporations and let them release it whenever and however they want- then gamers wait for the stamp before laying down the cash. Put that "bottleneck" in the pipeline and watch what happens to cash flow and quarterly revenues.

New Kickstarter Project- A (virtual) quality control lab:
1. After so called developer's "beta test" and before it is sent for printing/release, the group must stamp the game with its insignia to advise gamers it has been checked by an independent third party. Said party to be composed of newbs through pros on varying machines and setups.
2. Or, screw the corporations and let them release it whenever and however they want- then gamers wait for the stamp before laying down the cash. Put that "bottleneck" in the pipeline and watch what happens to cash flow and quarterly revenues.

1. NEVER going to happen.

2. That's what game reviews were supposed to be, but tons of people ignore them. Granted, with the state of "game journalism" it's hard to be willing to trust reviews from any site anyway.

2. That's what game reviews were supposed to be, but tons of people ignore them. Granted, with the state of "game journalism" it's hard to be willing to trust reviews from any site anyway.

Game reviews can be bought and paid for way too easily, which is why I don't care much for "professional journalists". Kane and Lynch, anyone?

Game reviews can be bought and paid for way too easily, which is why I don't care much for "professional journalists". Kane and Lynch, anyone?

Indeed. Or who was it, IGN with the 9/10 A:CM review? But having a third party look at a game after it launches and rate whether or not it works or is worth playing(which is what Danny Dawg proposed in his second option) is game reviewing.

I was initially pissed that I couldn't play with SLI, but ended up being a great way to not distract myself during finals heh

I'm happy to report SLi has been FIXED. WOOT! No more flickering.

People need to stop supporting EA by buying this crap. You should know by now that this is what your hard earned $$$ is going to get you from a shit company like EA. The SimCity debacle was it for me. Never again! As much as I want to play BF4, I WILL NOT give EA another dime. It hurts but it needs to be done.

Indeed. Or who was it, IGN with the 9/10 A:CM review? But having a third party look at a game after it launches and rate whether or not it works or is worth playing(which is what Danny Dawg proposed in his second option) is game reviewing.

What is A:CM?

Pro reviews are deficient in at least one regard: they don't care about the games that are buggy. User reviews do a much better job reporting on that aspect.

What is A:CM?

Pro reviews are deficient in at least one regard: they don't care about the games that are buggy. User reviews do a much better job reporting on that aspect.

Aliens: Colonial Marines.

However, even user reviews aren't necessarily a great indicator of the status of a game(that's one person's perspective on typically one configuration, and you have no way to know that players skill level, they might not even notice bugs in the game with regards to "netcode" and other things).

The only real solution is for the publishers to stop pushing titles out the door in such a shitty condition.

Releasing a AAA title is such miserable shape should be very embarrassing for EA and Dice.

For many the game was completely non-functional on release day.

Here we are almost 2 months, 8 weeks, after release and the game still has major functionality flaws.

What a joke.

I put the blame on the publisher on this one, the game was rushed out. It wasn't ready. I'm sure the developers would have loved more time to get it right before releasing.

so what did this patch break?

Obliteration and defuse game modes(again) by having the bomb unable to be picked up. Supposedly being fixed in a server side patch. Some players reporting directx errors now, hit detection seems as bad as it was a couple of patches ago.

People need to stop supporting EA by buying this crap. You should know by now that this is what your hard earned $$$ is going to get you from a shit company like EA. The SimCity debacle was it for me. Never again! As much as I want to play BF4, I WILL NOT give EA another dime. It hurts but it needs to be done.

Unfortunately there is no alternative. I'm not going to completely deprive my life of Little Bird fun to make a statement. If EA/Dice are the only developer willing to put a game of this magnitude together, what can you do? It's not like boycotting them is going to teach them anything other than to stop releasing games at all if they deem them unprofitable.

i'm so glad I didn't buy this game yet.

After seeing all the patches and fixes out and coming out its clear this game is still beta.

I commend all of you for beta testing this product you truly are soldiers.

And I know EA forced Dice to release this before it was ready.

I hope they lose that upcoming case against them.

Honestly, EA just keeps lowering the bar. When GTA 5 came out I was shocked at a working, stable release title. GTA online was a little spotty but overall still very good. Compared to BF4 it was flawless.... which is sad.

No, GTA Online is a buggy mess still. It's so much fun when it's working but there's so many glitches man. Indestructible shrubs that will total your car. Stuck at loading screens after every other mission. The economy is beyond broke. There are people handing out millions and billions of dollars to player for no reason except generosity. But when it's fun, it's fun. Mostly because of my crew. But definitely don't give GTAV a pass.

They had to release it early. They had to beat COD to the punch. They had to. As soon as COD drops their rabid fan base will gobble it up and give not a damn about ANYTHING else. They needed to get their foot in the door. It was a calculated risk. It sucks, I agree. But I understand why. I admit I pre-ordered to get in on a 15% off deal but I haven't played much due to GTAV Online being the buggy crack pipe that it is.

Flashing might be Fixed in SLI but now im getting anywhere from 10 to 20 FPS Drop across the board. That and now im having in game lockups. I have never had these problems before this patch. IM GOING BACK TO BF3 for a month or so.

If EA/Dice are the only developer willing to put a game of this magnitude together......

'Game of this magnitude'???

Have you ever played Planetside 2? After the latest round of optimizations it runs way better than BF4 and puts it to shame in every category except maybe graphics. Graphics don't make a game fun though game play does.

Back