Battlefield 4 Game Play Video Is Up!

JoeUser

2[H]4U
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8HVQXkeU8U

I have to say that the graphics look quite impressive. A little over-action/Hollywood movie style for me, but man...DA GRAFIX!!! :p Seems like DX11 and tessellation is in full force here...didn't see a jagged model in the whole video and check out the explosions at 9:10...wow. The graphics whore in me will definitely be picking this one up just to make some bad ass screenshots!

Enjoy!

Graphics look amazing and I love the setting, especially this out of the city construction area. Lots of detail and geometry overall. Maybe it's just me but has this Half-Life 2 look. Just modern.

They're making an actual campaign it seems. Gameplay looks terrible, but that's to be expected of "modern combat" games.

Truth is, though, I expected games to look like this in 2009 but it didn't happen. I guess we should expect actual jumps in quality every 8 years or so. You know, with every console cycle.

god damnit i wanna be immersed but the constant, unnecessary reloading bugs the hell out of me. also - obvious gamepad input is obvious.

but the reflections, particles and character models look excellent.

thats it? bummer. more like battlefield 3 part 2.

Nothing more but another EA corporate attempt to sucker us out of more money.

Gotta pay that crappy new ceo to replace the prior crappy ceo i guess.

(why would that gunship follow the SUV close enough to be hit with a grenade launcher?!?!?!?!?!? Makes no sense)

thats it? bummer. more like battlefield 3 part 2.

Nothing more but another EA corporate attempt to sucker us out of more money.

Gotta pay that crappy new ceo to replace the prior crappy ceo i guess.

I never understood these responses. If you are going to say that it looks like "battlefield 3 part 2" then you can say that about ANY GAME THAT HAS A SEQUEL! Bioshock Infinite is nothing but Bioshock 1 part 3 in your eyes as well I guess?

Sure it isn't a major leap from BF3, but what do you expect? I mean really. Games can only be made so many different ways ya know? Did you expect BF4 to be set in the year 3129 with humans fighting against some alien race or something? IT'S BATTLEFIELD.

Sheesh...:rolleyes:

why aren't more games made with the Frostbite engine besides the Battlefield series...that footage looked stunning...Wow! that might be the best looking game I've ever seen going by that video

Why do they think I want to play a game where you can get shot five times and not die, or not have to use cover and be a terrible palsy hand when aiming, yet your are still walking?

If your theme is accuracy and realism, why blow it all to hell with red semicircular bullet markers? How about... "You where killed... would you like to continue from your last save?"

Lastly, stop showing videos where the person showcasing is, in fact, terrible at the game. No doubt fiddling the dicks instead of using accurate input devices.

I never understood these responses. If you are going to say that it looks like "battlefield 3 part 2" then you can say that about ANY GAME THAT HAS A SEQUEL! Bioshock Infinite is nothing but Bioshock 1 part 3 in your eyes as well I guess?

Sure it isn't a major leap from BF3, but what do you expect? I mean really. Games can only be made so many different ways ya know? Did you expect BF4 to be set in the year 3129 with humans fighting against some alien race or something? IT'S BATTLEFIELD.

Yeah, you clearly don't understand, especially by comparing BF3->BF4 to Bioshock->Bioshock:Infinite. A more apt comparison would be Bioshock->Bioshock 2.

Let's look at the Battlefield series up to this point...
Battlefield 1942 - obviously original
Battlefield: Vietnam - completely new setting
Battlefield 2 - completely new setting
Battlefield 2142 - completely new setting
Battlefield 3 - (misguided?) attempt to flesh out single player
Battlefield 4 - new... nothing

Every game in the series has brought something new to the table until now. It's not surprising that some people are underwhelmed. To be fair, we haven't seen the MP, but I'd be surprised if it brought anything radically new to the table.

I never understood these responses.
If you never understood then what's your point? Telling use you never understood? Ok.

If you are going to say that it looks like "battlefield 3 part 2" then you can say that about ANY GAME THAT HAS A SEQUEL! Bioshock Infinite is nothing but Bioshock 1 part 3 in your eyes as well I guess?
Bioshock? Who gives a crap about Bioshock - this is about Battlefield - as you mentioned - ITS BATTLEFIELD. If you want theres another thread about Bioshock - I suggest you check that out.

Sure it isn't a major leap from BF3, but what do you expect? I mean really.
Exactly that - a major leap from BF3 - pardon me for not lowering my expectations to align them with yours.

Games can only be made so many different ways ya know?
Apparently I don't know - perhaps you can tell me how many different ways "Games can only be made"

Did you expect BF4 to be set in the year 3129 with humans fighting against some alien race or something? IT'S BATTLEFIELD.
So now that you're aware "ITS BATTLEFIELD" and not Bioshock maybe you can use your ipad or iphone to read up on Battlefield 2142?

Are you a girl in high school? My niece does that and she's 14.

Why do they think I want to play a game where you can get shot five times and not die, or not have to use cover and be a terrible palsy hand when aiming, yet your are still walking?

If your theme is accuracy and realism, why blow it all to hell with red semicircular bullet markers? How about... "You where killed... would you like to continue from your last save?"

Lastly, stop showing videos where the person showcasing is, in fact, terrible at the game. No doubt fiddling the dicks instead of using accurate input devices.

I was unaware the theme of Battlefield was accuracy and realism. It's certainly better than CoD. If you want what you described then go play ARMA. Battlefield isn't trying to be ARMA.

Yeah, you clearly don't understand, especially by comparing BF3->BF4 to Bioshock->Bioshock:Infinite. A more apt comparison would be Bioshock->Bioshock 2.

Let's look at the Battlefield series up to this point...
Battlefield 1942 - obviously original
Battlefield: Vietnam - completely new setting
Battlefield 2 - completely new setting
Battlefield 2142 - completely new setting
Battlefield 3 - (misguided?) attempt to flesh out single player
Battlefield 4 - new... nothing

Every game in the series has brought something new to the table until now. It's not surprising that some people are underwhelmed. To be fair, we haven't seen the MP, but I'd be surprised if it brought anything radically new to the table.

Too much assumption here. Going on what you said BF 1942 through 2142 was the exact same thing except different settings (which they basically are) so why would that change now? Plus you don't know what setting BF4 takes place in. The video could just be the first couple levels or something. Whose to say there aren't jungle or tundra, etc. I certainly can say that based on what I've seen BF4 has me interested. Plus as I said...what did you expect? Were you expecting it to be set it the sky on a floating city or something? Again, its a Battlefield game. Why not complain that Bad Company 2 was no different than Bad Company 1 considering they were both modern and set in similar scenery? I mean, I get your argument, but come on...really read and think about what you just said.

Too much assumption here. Going on what you said BF 1942 through 2142 was the exact same thing except different settings (which they basically are) so why would that change now? Plus you don't know what setting BF4 takes place in. The video could just be the first couple levels or something. Whose to say there aren't jungle or tundra, etc. I certainly can say that based on what I've seen BF4 has me interested. Plus as I said...what did you expect? Were you expecting it to be set it the sky on a floating city or something? Again, its a Battlefield game. Why not complain that Bad Company 2 was no different than Bad Company 1 considering they were both modern and set in similar scenery? I mean, I get your argument, but come on...really read and think about what you just said.
I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. What assumption have I made? First of all, I didn't consider the BC games because they were designed, at least originally, as the console offshoot of Battlefield. So not part of the main series.

No, I don't expect Battlefield 4 to play like Deus Ex or anything, but generally when you reveal a game you provide people with a reason to get excited... and often you show a glimpse of the main selling point of a game. The BF4 reveal looked like a BF3 expansion pack with a graphics upgrade. They've shown absolutely no innovation, and the gameplay could be mistaken for CoD4 if not for the modern graphics. Even within the tired MMS genre, you can attempt interesting things. Look at Spec Ops: The Line for example. But everything they showed in the video is straight out of the CoD/Michael Bay generic soulless action-fest playbook.

Some might say that it's BF, and so it doesn't matter, because MP is where its at. I'd tend to agree, but DICE/EA apparently don't as they continually highlight the SP in their promotional material for the past few entries in the BF series.

I should add that I'm not trying to put down anyone whose excited about BF4. I'd love to look forward to it. But the lack of innovation and the adherence to MMS standbys has me bored of the series, almost as much as CoD. There really hasn't been all that much that's interested me since BF2142.

Personally, I think this game looks "hella" awesome! And, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the series since BF2. Lets just hope the final product comes out in a highly, polished state. EA doesn't need anymore bad rep points, thats for sure!

It looks good enough for me to build a new PC just for this game. I have low expectations of games in general so I'm not expecting BF4 to work miracles.

On a side note... at around the ~13 minute mark in the first video, why didn't they guy deploy his parachute when the building was crashing down and he fell? :D That's a classic BF maneuver!

I should add that I'm not trying to put down anyone whose excited about BF4. I'd love to look forward to it. But the lack of innovation and the adherence to MMS standbys has me bored of the series, almost as much as CoD. There really hasn't been all that much that's interested me since BF2142.

I've gotten more tired of killing "terrorists" than I have of modern shooters. Considering it's going to be China and/or Russia I can deal with it being another MMS.

Personally, I think this game looks "hella" awesome! And, this is coming from someone who hasn't played the series since BF2. Lets just hope the final product comes out in a highly, polished state. EA doesn't need anymore bad rep points, thats for sure!

BF3 is still a largely broken turd after 18 months. Keep hoping.

I will say, it doesn't look like a generational leap over BF3 graphics or gameplay-wise. However, the explosions and the helicopter crashes... wow. Very nice.

Looks good. I especially like the dual sights. Guy has terrible aim tho.

They got my money...its good to see that premium members get in the beta.

It's a shame, looks beautiful, they might even have good destruction ala BC2...but damnit, EA...

The game doesn't even look all that great, visually speaking.

EA logo => NOPE

It doesn't look groundbreaking in graphics or gameplay, but it does look like it could be entertaining (for me at least) which is usually enough to get my money... but I'm not giving my money to EA.

why aren't more games made with the Frostbite engine besides the Battlefield series...that footage looked stunning...Wow! that might be the best looking game I've ever seen going by that video

Medal of Honor Warfighter comes to mind.

It looks good but I'm tired of this type of game release cycle. Games with 2 year cycles between versions end up being 4 hours long single player, and MP that is basically new maps.

1942->2->3 were all huge leaps.

BF has officially became the next CoD.

Last edited:
I have been playing BF and all its iterations since 1942. I have loved every single game they have produced(2142 being my most favorite) and this BF 3/BF 4 series is amazing. The level of content you got with BF 3 was freaking ridiculous, all the expansions with 4 new maps new game modes and new weapons and objectives with out kept the game fresh and very easy to just keep playing. I am highly intacipating to see new releases of teasers and trailers come out for BF 4. I just wished they went something different for this one like maybe something the future like 2142 or just similar in play style or create something completely different!

Graphics look amazing and I love the setting, especially this out of the city construction area. Lots of detail and geometry overall. Maybe it's just me but has this Half-Life 2 look. Just modern.

They're making an actual campaign it seems. Gameplay looks terrible, but that's to be expected of "modern combat" games.

Truth is, though, I expected games to look like this in 2009 but it didn't happen. I guess we should expect actual jumps in quality every 8 years or so. You know, with every console cycle.

Really? This is BF3.1 at best.

I've already played this game about this many times:

1/(BF3) + (however many COD games I dredged through).

For previous releases of BF games, I would be devoting my work day to finding more info and videos. Today, I'm casually watching little bits of the video, if not just to say I watched it all. Absolutely will not spend another penny on this shit.

Back