Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy shit...the attack chopper has Sidewinder AA missles on it. It won't be a fucking death trap like it was in BF2 when jets were present.

I never felt it was a death trap,in fact i used to take down jets with the TV missile...now that was FUN.:D

Remember when you just had to input your CD key when you bought a game and that was it? I get that people want stats and all kinds of pazazz tied to fancy accounts with all the bells and whistles- sure would be nice if you could just opt out of all that jazz should you choose to.

Ahhh, like the good ole pre-source CS days. The only way to have stats back then was via a server tracking mod. I'm quite alright with the evolution into an account based stat system as long as it's not overly cumbersome though.

Ahhh, like the good ole pre-source CS days. The only way to have stats back then was via a server tracking mod. I'm quite alright with the evolution into an account based stat system as long as it's not overly cumbersome though.

Go back further...Quake 1 and TheCLQ :D

Oh you sheeple are funny. I bet if this was any other game people would be up in arms with pitchforks and torches, but I guess its okay to get out the old lube when it comes to BF3.

Sheeple? Someone is some sheep and blindly following because they do not act like their vagina is bleeding over having to hit ALT and TAB instead of ESC?

What does it matter? When I played the alpha, I was no slower or clunkier than using an in game browser. That means all you are whining about is hitting different buttons.

I dunno about "resolve" (I'm for removing it entirely), but I think I can live with the compromise.

Fair enough...compromise is a good word for it. I'm not a big fan of it either but if it's going to be in the game, what Kertz is suggesting seems like a good idea.

When is Karkand released? Like when can we play the maps.. I would think on the release day right?

The wording has been basically "for free when it's released" implying it's not day 1 DLC. To anybody reading: if this has changed, please do correct me.

If you actually timed it from start to finish you would know that this is not true at all.

Well maybe not for you but its certainly true for me, BC2 hates my computer. Crash issues aside, beginning of a map when I first load the game stutters like 1 frame per 5-10 seconds for like a minute before it smooths out....but thats a conversation for another thread.

Also, the way i remember it working (memory's shit though) was if I double clicked the game icon, it would load battlelog which you would sign into, then choose a server and launch then it would launch origin if it wasnt already running and automatically launch the game as well. Seems, if anything, its on par in the amount of "work" you have to do to get into the game as an ingame browser would have. I also doubt they are going to have intro movies as that would effect your ability to join the server in a timely manner potentially throwing off server reports even more.

Fair enough...compromise is a good word for it. I'm not a big fan of it either but if it's going to be in the game, what Kertz is suggesting seems like a good idea.

If you're out in the open, everyone can see you and spot you.
Just get behind something, use smoke or don't run around like a dead duck.
Move from cover to cover, like on a real battelefield.

I play hardcore exclusively in BC2, and I didn't mind vanilla BF3. Requiring LOS for spotting just makes it even better, IMO.

Requiring LOS encourages strategic movement, and that's alright in my book.

I still haven't pre-ordered yet though, I already had all of the games they were offering the alpha players. Mainly just waiting on a sweet coupon/deal somewhere.

Anyone know if they're still giving a free game away with pre-orders?

I've been hovering over the pre-order button on Origin for a while now trying to find confirmation. I recall it saying the promotion was only good through the end of the month. If it's dead I don't mind waiting for some kind of coupon to get it from wherever it's cheapest.

I've been hovering over the pre-order button on Origin for a while now trying to find confirmation. I recall it saying the promotion was only good through the end of the month. If it's dead I don't mind waiting for some kind of coupon to get it from wherever it's cheapest.
I pre-ordered through origin. It said early access to the beta but no free game. After I recived my confirmation email, EA sent me another email to thank me for using origin and to select a free game for download. Choices were Mass Effect 2, MOH, or Dead Space 2. So same as the alpha deal.

I play hardcore exclusively in BC2, and I didn't mind vanilla BF3. Requiring LOS for spotting just makes it even better, IMO.

I felt the same way exactly. I can not stand non-hc bc2 but vanilla BF3 just felt like a good middle point. I could still see myself joining HC in BF3 but I won't be avoiding the normal like the plague as I do in BC2.

I felt the same way exactly. I can not stand non-hc bc2 but vanilla BF3 just felt like a good middle point. I could still see myself joining HC in BF3 but I won't be avoiding the normal like the plague as I do in BC2.

Amen 1000 times Amen. I cant stand non HC in almost all games. Needing two mags to kill someone in MW annoyed me so much id quit out right away. And HC BC2 was crap as well. I do miss certain things in HC mode tho, having the map is nice and some other HUD things.
But i totally agree, the Alpha of BF3 which i assume is non HC definitely seems playable. Granted i had some issues with certain things (to many shots to kill when using sniper rifle) but those could be ironed out in Beta/Final version. If not, theres always HC mode which i can only imagine will be quite close to a FPS simulator (ARMA2) considering how close to real non HC BF3 in the alpha was.

Just call Origins customer support and ask em for the code for the free game offer. The CSR was nice, respectful and spoke perfect english. Im downloading my "free" copy of dead space 2 now...my only complaint is the slowness of origins dl...man its like 175kb a sec...anybody know how to speed this up!

I fail to see any merit in this statement.

a game supposedly is to be fun, which is highly subjective, but make a game that is simply death if you move, then a ton of people wills it and stand behind a rock or cover the whole match, wont take objectives and simply sit and camp.
They ruin the gameplay for us as simply as that with HC.

Last edited:
I always thought HC was just a bit too much in BC2. If (for the sake of argument) it took 5 shots to kill you in normal, then it would take 2 in HC, and really, I think 3 would have been the sweet spot. I hope that they don't have a problem getting a mode with that sweet spot because HC has to be on one side of it and normal has to be on the other.

I personally didn't like the exclusion of the minimap and the crosshairs in HC, but everything else I liked more than normal. Hopefully servers can run custom modes (in BC2, does the silver HC icon on the server list mean custom mode? never really bothered checking).

I always thought HC was just a bit too much in BC2. If (for the sake of argument) it took 5 shots to kill you in normal, then it would take 2 in HC, and really, I think 3 would have been the sweet spot. I hope that they don't have a problem getting a mode with that sweet spot because HC has to be on one side of it and normal has to be on the other.

I personally didn't like the exclusion of the minimap and the crosshairs in HC, but everything else I liked more than normal. Hopefully servers can run custom modes (in BC2, does the silver HC icon on the server list mean custom mode? never really bothered checking).

3 shots, more or less depending on head/leg hits, is about where the alpha felt. Whether it will be different on release is anyone's guess.

Those servers normally only have like kill cam or 3d spotting off but with normal weapon damage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back