Battlefield 3 - Official Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My post was directed towards 3D spotting. I should've been more specific.

And Demize has been talking about tweaking spotting since last fall/winter. Looks like they really tweaked it alright!

More excuses and deflections.

Seriously, 3D spotting/map is fine. Don't want to get shot through thin walls and smoke? Get behind cover. Same thing I say to people who cry about getting "sniped" by SMGs in BC2. You're fault for standing out in the open and presenting the opportunity to get picked off like a sickly gazelle.

That or they should only have 3D spotting fade into view if your cursor/sights are over the target or its general location long enough and quickly fade away should you look another direction a la 2142. That worked perfectly fine. It does sort of disappoint me that the squad leader or commander (I wish) gets his/her own star over their head though, then again it wasn't too hard to tell who the squad leader was in 2142 when they had a drone floating by their head. I'm just glad they fixed spawning so players can only come back on the leader, no more banzai spawning.

Seriously, 3D spotting/map is fine. Don't want to get shot through thin walls and smoke? Get behind cover. Same thing I say to people who cry about getting "sniped" by SMGs in BC2. You're fault for standing out in the open and presenting the opportunity to get picked off like a sickly gazelle.

That or they should only have 3D spotting fade into view if your cursor/sights are over the target or its general location long enough and quickly fade away should you look another direction a la 2142. That worked perfectly fine. It does sort of disappoint me that the squad leader or commander (I wish) gets his/her own star over their head though, then again it wasn't too hard to tell who the squad leader was in 2142 when they had a drone floating by their head. I'm just glad they fixed spawning so players can only come back on the leader, no more banzai spawning.

most people who complain/whine cant play the game at all, run in the open, sit behind a rock, aim at the legs, etc..

Brilliant logic.

While we are on the subject of logic...

Hey look at what a great job they've done tweaking spotting!

Hey kids, did you still find it difficult to find enemies and kill them with 3D spotting in BC2? Well, have no fear because now we've made it even easier to kill certain enemies by not only putting a triangle over their head, but also a giant star! You surely can't miss them now!

You criticize everyone who uses/likes this feature, basically calling them noobs and "kids". Apparently you think that this makes the game too easy and noobish right?

So I have to sacrifice my entire HUD and adapt to a different style of gameplay just because the developers aren't willing to fix a broken feature?

Brilliant logic.

So who's the "kid" now? If you can't handle the HC mode then you get the "noob" features.

That pic makes me wanna puke. You guys seriously think the spotting system working like that is fine? DICE might as well include a built-in aim hack and people won't even need to use 3rd party software for hacks anymore.

You know what makes me want to puke? Having a readout and GPS system of your ammo and equipment, how is any better than 3d spotting? You complain that a feature makes the game too easy in one post and then you want a feature that does exactly that in the game.

To be fair, it's not .308 winchester/7.62 NATO, it's 7.62x39 as opposed to 7.62x51mm that is fired in the G3, M14 and such.

But owning an M14 (Mk 14 Enhanced Battle Rifle - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), a glock 21, 41 magnum and 44magnum, having fired an M4, G3, M1 Garand etc - I think I can speak to recoil - my M14 now that it's in a SAGE stock has LESS recoil than the original stock...but it's still got KICK.

I want a game to factor that in. I DO NOT want laz0rs. If I want instagib, I'll dig up UT99. I play BF for some degree of realism - and that means firing a gun that isn't mounted on a tripod is going to be VERY inaccurate.

The only gun I've fired to date in full auto that I found controllable was the MP5...and even so, it rose up and to the right still...just slower than an M4 would. And WAY slower than a G3 or M14 would.

Chalk that one up to my drunken writing. I didn't intend to make it seem like I was talking about the AK firing .308 - to be honest I'd be surprised if they even had it shooting 7.62 Russian if they're including more recent models, which I imagine they will be.

While I agree with you, it is whining not whinging, which you have used each and every single time up to this point.

They are two different and separate words.

Last edited:
3d spotting.is a good, poorly implemented, idea. It really never bothered me though.

Perfect explanation of the 3D spotting....can we now stop bitching about it lol. At least if your gonna bitch, go to a forum that a dev is gonna see your bitching...I doubt the devs are perusing the [H] forums...

Well, have no fear because now we've made it even easier to kill certain enemies by not only putting a triangle over their head, but also a giant star! You surely can't miss them now!

Are you trolling or are you really dumb? A star is to identify squad leaders, it has nothing to do with 3D spotting.

Ugh, I swear, "purists" are almost as bad as Steam fanboys.

Are you trolling or are you really dumb? A star is to identify squad leaders, it has nothing to do with 3D spotting.

The funny thing is that all these people can still play bf2 but all they really want to do is bitch how bf3 isn't bf2.

such heated arguing over such mundane details. people must be bored out of their fucking minds to go on and on about stupid things like...the method used to spot enemies. i suppose it's a testament to how watered down the FPS market has become, and people have nothing left to bitch about.

BF3 is going to be the fucking shit. And I've played every BF game or mod since 1942.

such heated arguing over such mundane details. people must be bored out of their fucking minds to go on and on about stupid things like...the method used to spot enemies. i suppose it's a testament to how watered down the FPS market has become, and people have nothing left to bitch about.

And the game even has a mode built in that removes said spotting. :rolleyes:

BF3 is going to be the fucking shit. And I've played every BF game or mod since 1942.

Amen brother. Bring it on, the whiners (or whingers as some have it ;) ) won't be missed.

[ame="http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-11-battlefield-3/717724"]Battlefield 3 Video Game, SDCC 11: Multiplayer Interview | Video Clip | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com[/ame]

Something that may appease the torrent of sniper whiners....glint on sniper scopes gives away positions, higher sway and breathing mechanic to counter sway.

At this point I honestly don't care.

I love BF2

I love BC2

If BF3 is BC2.5, I'll still play it.

If BF3 is BF2.5, I'll still play it.

No matter how much I complain, bitch, moan, and discuss there is a 98% chance I am still going to buy it, play it and enjoy it.

I don't want it to be BF2 or BC3 really, I want the game to be different from both. BF2 wasn't simply a reskin with better graphics than what came before either. Battlefield to me is just a larger scale squad based FPS with vehicles where your goal is map control, as long as it has those core elements I'd rather the rest of the experience to change to get something different.

If the game removed vehicles and is focused on ffa death match, than yes I would no longer consider it a BF game. Otherwise I give games in a series more room to change and be different.

The objection is that that 3D spotting identifies the enemy squad leaders with a star instead of the same icon as the rest of them.

Something that may appease the torrent of sniper whiners....glint on sniper scopes gives away positions, higher sway and breathing mechanic to counter sway.

Might be old news too some, but this is new to me and im very happy. I love being a sniper (Remington 700 baby!). Its being a bit picky, but i hope the sway isnt THAT much...just cause i dont know how realistic the major swaying (like in MW) is when prone. I mean almost all the snipers have bi-pods hanging off the end, and if you can stabilize & use the bipod with the LMG/SAW, why not with the snipers? And hopefully the glinting is realistic, meaning its not like once every 30 seconds no matter what. Hopefully it is dependent on direction of the sunlight and all that.

Mainly il be happy no matter what as long as they got rid of the white streak that follows your bullet when your a sniper. That is LAME. I cant really tell in the vids but it looks like there isnt any bullet tracers which makes me happy.

Quick Question:

Not sure if anyone knows this for sure, but...

BF3 isn't allowing private servers, which is bullshit, but can you at least have reserved spots on servers? Or is not "allowed" somehow either?

Quick Question:

Not sure if anyone knows this for sure, but...

BF3 isn't allowing private servers, which is bullshit, but can you at least have reserved spots on servers? Or is not "allowed" somehow either?

where do you get this shit from

seriously

where do you get this shit from

seriously

What the fuck are you talking about!? Where do I "get" what "shit"?

Your response doesn't even make any fucking sense.

They're not allowing private servers, so I'm asking a legitimate question regarding what the deal will be with running servers, like any adult with half a fucking brain would ask. What's your fucking issue, man!?

DICE's reaction to the Alpha leaks

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUBz1T8D4SY"]‪DICE's reaction to BF3 alpha leak‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

The objection is that that 3D spotting identifies the enemy squad leaders with a star instead of the same icon as the rest of them.

Finally, someone whose reading comprehension isn't an epic fail.

That's my whole point. As if it wasn't bad enough you have a bright orange triangle following you around over your head, now if you're a squad leader you're gonna have a bright orange triangle AND a giant fucking orange star following you around.

Is there any talk of having a "death cam" like the Call of Duty games has had. I think thats the only thing i seem to miss and really want to see in other FPS games, its just awesomeness.

Is there any talk of having a "death cam" like the Call of Duty games has had. I think thats the only thing i seem to miss and really want to see in other FPS games, its just awesomeness.

picard-facepalm-hotlink.jpg

Oh so its a bad thing? Im not a COD fan boy or anything, i barely played the first modernwarfare the endless deathmatching was terrible. Not even sure if that one had death cam?

I had memorable times with COD2, is why i ask this question. Im a Bad company 2 junky.

Oh so its a bad thing? Im not a COD fan boy or anything, i barely played the first modernwarfare the endless deathmatching was terrible. Not even sure if that one had death cam?

I had memorable times with COD2, is why i ask this question.

no, it's not a bad thing. pay no attention to negative nancy up there. i agree, i like the death cam in COD. it seems more suitable for fast-paced, deathmatch-esque type games (like COD) than it does for a battlefield game though.

That makes sense, can't see them putting too much development time into it taking that into consideration.

I know they already have a "death-cam" option, and its disabled / enabled depending on the server.

I had memorable times with COD2, is why i ask this question. Im a Bad company 2 junky.

no, it's not a bad thing. pay no attention to negative nancy up there. i agree, i like the death cam in COD. it seems more suitable for fast-paced, deathmatch-esque type games (like COD) than it does for a battlefield game though.

74049-wtf_is_this_shit.jpg

If you didn't see the guy who killed you, YOU SHOULDN'T SEE HIM. YOU'RE DEAD. Go play MW2 or BO.

I like kill cams as it makes it easier to spot and kick hackers. I like em and I'll stick with BF3 thanks.

I like kill cams as it makes it easier to spot and kick hackers. I like em and I'll stick with BF3 thanks.

If you're a server admin and need a killcam, then you should not be allowed to admin anymore. PB games allow you to spectate a player with PB commands, and they do not know they're being spectated. Also, if you cannot figure out what PBSS are, again, you should not be admining anymore.

I mean no offense, but admins need to know how to use PB to properly admin a server; this means uploading PBSS to global banlists and running global GUID banlists.

you're so hardcore and edgy.

No. I'm all for fair play. That means if you found a good spot to go to for sniping someone, it should not be revealed to the guy too slow to notice you via a killcam. They should have to work to find you. And if that means dying 10 more times trying to find you....then that's their problem.

Killcams ruin a game like BF. BF isn't run and gun. At least, it isn't SUPPOSED to be. That's COD, UT and whatnot. This is NOT COD or UT. Or Quake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back