Battlefield 3 is showing CoD how it's done.

And thats what I prefer, thanks very much. I'm not spending $400+ per year on a new graphics card anymore, i'm done with that crap.

You are on a Hardcore PC website where it behooves the audience to consistently expect more and more. Expect to get those responses when you go the opposite direction.

And thats what I prefer, thanks very much. I'm not spending $400+ per year on a new graphics card anymore, i'm done with that crap.

You don't have to buy a new GPU every year to run something that blows away the 360 with ease.

You don't have to buy a new GPU every year to run something that blows away the 360 with ease.

Troof. I just "upgraded" to a 5850 for $130 dollars and at the resolution I'm gaming at currently (1680x1050) it runs everything maxed out and looks better than anything the 360 can muster out. This gaming rig is 3 years old now and I haven't had to pour money in it constantly to get a great experience. This winter I'll probably be building another monster machine that will last me for 2-3 years.

Troof. I just "upgraded" to a 5850 for $130 dollars and at the resolution I'm gaming at currently (1680x1050) it runs everything maxed out and looks better than anything the 360 can muster out. This gaming rig is 3 years old now and I haven't had to pour money in it constantly to get a great experience. This winter I'll probably be building another monster machine that will last me for 2-3 years.

And you can even use a gamepad on it if you feel like. ;)

I went to a comic convention where they had this game demo'ed live and the presenter was running the game on a single 580 GTX. Frames were fantastic but took a "dolphin dive" when he looked at the sun for some reason.

I believe they've been consistently demoing the game on a single 580GTX GPU. Don't quote me on that though.

Your experience is a direct consequence of consolitis to the PC platform. No longer do we hope for decent PC exclusives, the best we can hope for is decent console ports, and that's a sad commentary on the state of PC gaming these days.

There's no longer much justification for throwing thousands of dollars at a rig to get a top of the line experience since the amount of games that would even take advantage of a fraction of that power has slowed to a trickle.

Again, that's a sad commentary on the state of PC gaming as it currently stands.

Bought BC2 and buying BF3.... COD makes me want to vomit.

It would kill their creeky old engine. Damn, that trailer looked terrible graphics wise compared to the BF3 videos.

COD4 had the top bullet visible in the magazine for the AK47 when reloading, so it's more than possible. Guess it's just, gasp, laziness.

COD4 had the top bullet visible in the magazine for the AK47 when reloading, so it's more than possible. Guess it's just, gasp, laziness.

Oh I was just making a joke at COD's expense, I'm sure it could render a bullet. But probably not much more. ;)

Your experience is a direct consequence of consolitis to the PC platform. No longer do we hope for decent PC exclusives, the best we can hope for is decent console ports, and that's a sad commentary on the state of PC gaming these days.

There's no longer much justification for throwing thousands of dollars at a rig to get a top of the line experience since the amount of games that would even take advantage of a fraction of that power has slowed to a trickle.

Again, that's a sad commentary on the state of PC gaming as it currently stands.

QFT. It sucks too.

i love how the evil EA is doing something right, they see a chance to take BF series further and are doing it right!

Love it. Love it. Love it. Pre-ordering and crying till it comes out. A little premature, but is this the first game to actually live up to its hyped and past (Bf2) with casual gamers, hardcore and fanatic all at the same time?
Honestly the graphics couldnt be any more real unless you paid $60 and EA shipped you to Iran and handed you a M4. And thats coming from a graphics whore. The gameplay/videos looked amazing and did not disappoint. If anything they exceeded what i was expecting.
Some might say the tank demo was boring, but for me i had my draw on the floor at the scenery detail, and was so impressed at how your not just running through tight streets the whole game...things switch up and you get to experience so much. (Not a shot at MW, BFBC2 had very narrow SP levels too).

There are only 3 things on my mind about BF3 right now. How colorful the multiplayer looked, it was different, typically the FPS's are so gritty and dark, lots of whites blacks and greys. The multiplayer video was popping with color. It was different.
Second, the guns shown in multi (slow video down and read what guns used to get Kills) were the same as BC2...thats ok, cause its not like a TON can change in the few years between now and the games time...but i hope they arent exactly the same. BF2 was full of new guns (at the time) like the G36 used by euro forces and MP7. I am 99% sure they wont disappoint but still on my mind.
Lastly, i hope they really work all the bugs and kinks out, BFBC2 both on Xbox and PC ( i own/play on both) still has pretty big (in terms of you deal with them every time u play) bugs. Such as once in a while sign in and your account is gone, and when how your password never saves to auto sign in. Simple basic things yet still not fixed. I hope DICE puts their full support to this game for at least 3 years. With the brand new frostbite 3 engine in this game, BF4 should not be talked about until 2014.

PS I will give credit to MW about one thing, and that dual optics is awesome. Im so very curious if thats a real thing soldiers/civilians have or not. If so i am curious how they keep the Acog sighted in when your moving/touching it all the time which is typically a no-no or you bump it off 0.

Background: 22 year old PC/Xbox/PS3 gamer/owner. BF2 player and lover, loved COD4, MW wasn't my style but had fun with friends, CODBO was disappointing and resold and MW3 looks like MW2.5, like a expansion pack. I will borrow it from a friend on 360 and beat the SP. But multi for the next 3-5 years will be BF3 only for me.

Frostbite 2.0 Tech Demo. Some more BF3 footage in there.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c5gLhMfq0Q&feature=player_embedded#at=11

Multiplayer footage. Operation Metro which takes place in Paris:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aPu7-LtLKmU

Single Player level "Thunder Run" playthrough. Includes Tank play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A&hd=1

1239788892_jizz-in-my-pants.gif

Enjoy the same old boring shit Call of Duty fans.:p Activision thanks you for buying the same game 7 times in a row.

Frostbite 2.0 Tech Demo. Some more BF3 footage in there.

Single Player level "Thunder Run" playthrough. Includes Tank play:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9UwOrl036_A&hd=1

Holy mother of God :eek: Fucking awesome :cool: This is how multiplayer military shooters are supposed to be done. Huge outdoor maps, with tanks and choppers. I need a towel to wipe myself.

I hope nVidia or ATI have a brand new generation of VideoCards by the end of October for this game. Will love to play this at 2560x1600res.

If they have been demoing pre alpha builds with a single GTX 580, then WOOT! Some more optimization, solid drivers and WOW! Hopefully i dont have to upgrade anything more to run balls to teh wall! But if I have to pick up an i7 970, then so be it.

GO DICE GO!

I cannot believe the graphics in the Frostbite demo !! Is that really in-game footage??!!

I mean, I've seen the demos for Rage etc and nothing has impressed me like this. This looks like the pre-rendered cgi intros from game just a few years ago.

Dice has just pissed all over MW3, turned around, walked all over them and did another U turn and spat at them

COD has nothing on BF3, the way it looks,is just priceless i am speechless.

I cant wait to get in a tank and kick ass, i am a good tank driver in bfbc2, but driving a tank in bf3 omfg, it will be so awesome,

Eyefinity says hello

I cannot believe the graphics in the Frostbite demo !! Is that really in-game footage??!!

I mean, I've seen the demos for Rage etc and nothing has impressed me like this. This looks like the pre-rendered cgi intros from game just a few years ago.

Yep, for one, the lighting is really impressive.

Many multi-platform games we saw in recent years always gives me the feeling like it has too much bloom, everything looks blurry and too bright.

Here the lighting looks perfect, as far as I can tell from the HD videos on youtube. Doesn't give that fuzzy look.

PS I will give credit to MW about one thing, and that dual optics is awesome. Im so very curious if thats a real thing soldiers/civilians have or not. If so i am curious how they keep the Acog sighted in when your moving/touching it all the time which is typically a no-no or you bump it off 0.

If you're talking about having NV goggles on while using an ACOG scope, I don't think it's realistically possible, but I could be wrong. I know in Arma2's ACE realism mod at least, if you've got your NV turned on and look through your ACOG, your NV gets turned off while using the scope. However you've also got the red fiber-optic tube on top of the scope to use when in CQB situations.

If you're talking about having NV goggles on while using an ACOG scope, I don't think it's realistically possible, but I could be wrong. I know in Arma2's ACE realism mod at least, if you've got your NV turned on and look through your ACOG, your NV gets turned off while using the scope. However you've also got the red fiber-optic tube on top of the scope to use when in CQB situations.

Only a few models of ACOGs are NVG compatible. Most just wash out when looking through them or will be so bright as to shut off the googles.

On detaching and reattaching, no big deal as long as you put it on the same T mark you took it off of. Point of impact will be virtually unchanged.

Only a few models of ACOGs are NVG compatible. Most just wash out when looking through them or will be so bright as to shut off the googles.

On detaching and reattaching, no big deal as long as you put it on the same T mark you took it off of. Point of impact will be virtually unchanged.

Sorry i wasnt clear, no i wasnt talking about night vision. If you watch the first minute of the MW3 E3 trailer (after all the boat/sub stuff) you will see he has a Halo sight on his M4, but on the side of the gun is a ACOG sight, so when you look down the gun u see through the halo, but you can then flip up the ACOG to the top rail and you will see through both, so you will see w/e your looking at magnified to w/e the ACOG is magnified at.

Btw, everyone read this article: http://kotaku.com/5809656/rushing-through-battlefield-3s-reworked-multiplayer

Holy balls...highlights from the article? When being shot at (especially when suppressed) your vision gets blurred! When a support gunner (using LMG) the bipod's work! you can mount your bipod on any flat surface (so a car or wall etc) and your accuracy increases a LOT just like in real life, so then you can spray accurate suppressive fire and it will be hard for the opponents to get through cause 1. so many bullets accurately being shot 2. because their vision is blurred so they cant get a clean look at you!
Another awesome thing? Engineer can have a high powered flash light mounted on his gun so when fairly close to the enemy he can turn it on and it will temporarily blind the enemy!!!! SOOOOOOOOOO cool.

I need a Time to speed up to the release of this game, so i can buy it already, the waiting is killing me. a few of my friends who are xbox360 and ps3 lover's are like omg what is this game, i said it wont look that good for you on a xbox360 or ps3,

so in all and all, they are now building a pc just for this game, and i am building a new rig just for this game.

I'm getting BF3 and MW3. I like both series so whatcha gonna do 'bout it? :p

Happy gaming, people - 2011/2012 is a great time for us all, no matter series/platform you like ;)

I wanna like Battlefield 3 but I'm doubting I will. Every time I play Bad Company 2 the way the game feels just annoys the piss out of me. I'll still give it a shot though.

I wanna like Battlefield 3 but I'm doubting I will. Every time I play Bad Company 2 the way the game feels just annoys the piss out of me. I'll still give it a shot though.

Honestly this game sounds drastically different from BC2. In fact considering BC2 is a side game sharing only a game style really. BF2 is still one of the best MP games out there , BF3 looks to really improve upon it (except when it comes to modding which it seems is in question right now concerning BF3).

You gotta compared BF3 to BF2 , not really fair to compare it to BC2.

Can't wait for this game. In fact so many great games this E3 , I really can't afford them all even though I know most of them are gonna be worth it. Damn my lack of funds.

I like that now you can refuse to be revived... I hate dumbfucks that revive you over and over as you get mowed down repeatedly.

I read some of the hands on impressions drew some comparisons to brink and even mirror's edge as far as jumping & sliding over or down objects, and even the look and feel of doing it. Nice to see Dice incorporate features from past games that worked well.

I like that now you can refuse to be revived... I hate dumbfucks that revive you over and over as you get mowed down repeatedly.

Agreed. There are certain situation where being revived is just futile, and we're only giving the opponent free kill counts

Back