Battlefield 3 General Discussion Thread

Ditto. After I run pbsetup.exe and add BF3, checking for updates locks up and times out.

Joy!

Tried turning off the hacks? lol

No seriously, it does that sometimes. Just keep trying and it usually works. Depends on how hard their servers are getting reamed I suppose.

Tried turning off the hacks? lol

No seriously, it does that sometimes. Just keep trying and it usually works. Depends on how hard their servers are getting reamed I suppose.

yea it happened to me. It was about to time out but i just let it ride it out and it installed up the updates

is there anyway to actually install it? seems like I have to click on pbsetup every time I want to run the program

CQD is a lot more TDM then Conquest

thanks, ill try that

Has anyone been getting yellow roads/pathways in BF3 as of late? It seems like many of the dirt roads/pathways are now yellow. The further away I am, the more yellow it gets. No over heating issues and I have not changed my drivers for a while.

I am using a GTX 560ti 2GB, AMD 965, Windows 7 64bit Pro. I am using the 306.97 drivers. I am probably going to update to the current drivers, though I've read this issue exists on newer drivers as well.

I've read that the Windows 7 update KB2670838 might be causing this issue. Can anyone confirm this? If this is the issue, how do I remove this update?

Not the worst issue, thought it certainly is ugly.

Just opened BF3 for the first time in like a week and a half and got a 6GB update. What the heck kind of an update is 6GB's? lmao

Have'nt played in 3-4 weeks, been playing BO2 and now I keep getting kicked from servers.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Cloneinc' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.325) - Error loading pbcl

What is this crap? I have never ever had to manually update my PB.

F.E.A.R. said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Flogger23m

Has anyone been getting yellow roads/pathways in BF3 as of late?

Nope. It's your system.

Actually, been hearing that from a few guys. I know at least one has a 660 in his 'puter. Too bad everybody decided everything needed an update this last week. Makes it harder to narrow down the culprit. I don't think it was the windows 7 update, but with how origin works...

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Have'nt played in 3-4 weeks, been playing BO2 and now I keep getting kicked from servers.

Game disconnected: you were kicked by PunkBuster. Stated reason: PunkBuster kicked player 'Cloneinc' (for 0 minutes) ... This PB Server Requires (A1386 C2.325) - Error loading pbcl

What is this crap? I have never ever had to manually update my PB.

its happened to me like twice, in the last year and a half

Grr...I see End Game servers populating and End Game release date being 3am Central time on 3/12...which is now...but I still can't get into an End Game server...as if I have something better to do like sleep :rolleyes:

Actually, been hearing that from a few guys. I know at least one has a 660 in his 'puter. Too bad everybody decided everything needed an update this last week. Makes it harder to narrow down the culprit. I don't think it was the windows 7 update, but with how origin works...

Posted from Hardforum.com App for Android

Updated my drivers. I'll try BF3 tomorrow for End Game. Hopefully that fixed it.

There was a 4.2gb patch (on top of the 6 last week) tonight. I played a few rounds of CTF. Really love it. Dirt Bikes are awesome, thought it seems like you can't run anyone over with them? The friendly icon is on the bottom of the bike which is completely fucked, it needs to be on top. Played 3 different maps, all seemed like they could be a blast for CTF.

The game mode will definitely wreck any semblance of a KDR I have though, as I'll be prone to try to sneak shit off to steal flags.

very little lag for me last night (guess they were playing EG :D)

finally put in some work and unlocked the mtar and damn its awesome. I was killing laggers running by me and won 1v1s I would normally lose (some guy with 500 ping started shooting at me and we died at the same time. Wouldve lost that battle with any other gun). Gun is a beast on canal

Last edited:
So excited for End Game!!! Hitting the gym after work then games all night. G.G.L. (Gym, Games, Laundry) :p

Those that have played CTF already I have a question... I saw in a video that when you kill a flag carrier the flag stays on the ground for 15 secs? before automatically returning to your base. Now what happens if I walk over the flag before the 15 secs has expired? Does it return to my base as soon as I walk over it?

endgame and a patch was 10+ gb and a waste of space imo. this is a console focused dlc imo. damn

Air superiority is a hoot. Sure it's crazy, and there isn't much coordination to it, but it's fun. Make sure you join a 24 player server though, so that you aren't in a constant battle to spawn.

The BF is a multiplatform title now, nothing will be PC focused expect BL.
Can't expect BF4 to be a pure PC game either.

Im hopeful that games built solely for the next gen. consoles will result in a better experience for us PC gamers since the next gen is gonna be so PC-like. Though I guess the flipside is it could get worse since devs could end up spending less time on the PC development.

Of course, this doesn't really apply to BF4 since it may only get "ported" to the PS4 instead of designed on/for it.

Im hopeful that games built solely for the next gen. consoles will result in a better experience for us PC gamers since the next gen is gonna be so PC-like. Though I guess the flipside is it could get worse since devs could end up spending less time on the PC development.

Of course, this doesn't really apply to BF4 since it may only get "ported" to the PS4 instead of designed on/for it.

End Game is underwhelming so far. The only map that's not copy and paste is Kiasar Railroad.
The other three maps are variations of the original maps. I'll stick to Vanilla, B2K, CQ and Aftermath.

End Game is underwhelming so far. The only map that's not copy and paste is Kiasar Railroad.
The other three maps are variations of the original maps. I'll stick to Vanilla, B2K, CQ and Aftermath.

The developers did say that they purposely made a map (can't remember which one) based on the great feedback they got from Caspian Border. Too bad the other two are also variations of original ones though. I wanted some variation too.

So I bought Premium off Amazon back in December, activated it on Origin then, and now I am getting ready to play the expansions and all the expansions (save for B2K) are fucking unavailable???

Those that have played CTF already I have a question... I saw in a video that when you kill a flag carrier the flag stays on the ground for 15 secs? before automatically returning to your base. Now what happens if I walk over the flag before the 15 secs has expired? Does it return to my base as soon as I walk over it?

I'm pretty sure it returns right away. You can't pick up/capture/return flags while in a vehicle though, you need to be on foot.

Just finished a few hours of EG playtime...mixed feelings..

Maps definitely feel (and are) a lot smaller. Though with that said, they look and play really well. I think they added a lot more vertical play to them with many of them being in mountainous, tree filled terrains with lots of structures riddled throughout.

The retrofitted light vehicles with AA on them are pretty cool. They have both AA and a small 4 round rocket pod attached. Extremely annoying from a pilots perspective but its a lot more fun in the AA role because of the added mobility. Definitely need to take advantage of that though because your still just a light vehicle.

Air Superiority is broken and unenjoyable. Air Radar has been nerfed to the point that if you can see them on the radar your already dead, this applies to all EG maps and modes, not just AS mode. It's a complete clusterfuck of heat seeker spam sometimes. Apparently the ground texture mesh is off so flying below radar is a game of chance because you may "hit" the ground when you think your clear of it. You cannot repair your jet because you can't leave it. While I enjoy the fact that people can't bail out and rob you of your kill, it also means you can't land a disabled jet and repair yourself. On the disabled part, you have lots of people that will swoop in and try to steal your kill resulting in lots of air collisions.

Dirt bike is kind cool, saw a lot of jihadists using them instead of Humvees with mixed results. From the air, they show up as just a moving mass of C4, easily set off by a couple well placed rocket pods or a guided missile...which is pretty satisfying to deliver, lol.

Overall, pretty mediocre imo....really hope they address AS issues.

The developers did say that they purposely made a map (can't remember which one) based on the great feedback they got from Caspian Border. Too bad the other two are also variations of original ones though. I wanted some variation too.

That tells me which one they put effort in, Kiasar Railroad.
The others are copy and paste. Some of the maps have open areas with nothing on it.
Felt like I was playing two versions of Operation Firestorm, but with console graphics.

I give it 5/10, only because of the new modes and dirt bikes.

uh I thought you could use vehicles, just not AIR vehicles

You can transport the flag in any vehicles, but to actually pick it up or capture it you have to get out

Edit: I personally don't feel like any of the maps are copy paste of original maps, at least on Capture the Flag which is what I've primarily played (Except like 1 or 2 rounds of Conquest). They've all felt pretty well done to me.

That tells me which one they put effort in, Kiasar Railroad.
The others are copy and paste. Some of the maps have open areas with nothing on it.
Felt like I was playing two versions of Operation Firestorm, but with console graphics.

I give it 5/10, only because of the new modes and dirt bikes.

Funny, I love endgame. Its my favorite map pack yet and it looks beauiful on my Catleap 2b powered by a Titan Gtx.

My least favorite map pack was aftermath.....ugg aftermath sucks out loud.

No bueno. Not that it will help any just curious....can you post a screenie?

Not my screen shots but the same issue:

bf32012041504045988.png

bf32013-01-1204-20-03-15_zps22807535.png

bf32013022715462598.jpg

All three screenshots from a Google image search. Three different people/posts about it. Looks really bad on the snow maps.

The 4GB one (end game) took 5 hours for me to download. The Origin download servers are terrible.

Back