Battlefield 3 flying practice and joystick configuration server

You have to press and hold the button that activates freelook. I don't remember what the default is since I mapped it to one of my joystick buttons. I have it set to my pinky joystick button, and when I hold it down, I use my hat switch (mapped to freelook directions) to look around.

Thanks for that! I are dumb. :D

Now, see if you can figure out how to adjust the sensitivity. It was really slow when I tried it. Wish My TrackIR worked with it

For practice, this is good. In an actual game, this is the most surefire way to get sniped out of the cockpit or shot by a tank.

Yeah, I wouldn't do that in a game, but picking a point and being able to fly around it without straying too much is harder than I thought it would be. Hard for me anyways. Flying around and landing on all the roofs smoothly is also fun to practice.

How can I join this server? I'm so clueless with this. I can't find the join button anywhere.

Go to Battlelog's server browser and type in the name of the server in the "search by name" box. Don't forget to clear your other filters.

This server helped me so much love it. Got a wired 360 controller and its night and day compared to mouse and keyboard.
So much more control. Too bad there is soooooo much AA in this server...

Oh well good evasion practice.

Wow I just had the worst time ever on this server. It was 3 against just me and this dude decided it was fun to spawn camp me and blow up all vehicles in the meantime. To bad it don't show the final teams in the battle report. Started out fine then about half way my team all left. Some fun that is, lol.

To bad to cause I actually like this server. Oh well, better luck next match :). Still a fun server though, thanks OP.

Now, see if you can figure out how to adjust the sensitivity. It was really slow when I tried it.

I love using the wired 360 controller, but I just can't free look with it. The camera turns so freakin slow!! I wish I could just set the Dpad left, right and back to instantly look in those directions and not have to pan.

Anyone else have this super slow free look issue with the controller?

KenG10: Same issue here with the super slow free look. I think we will have to wait for a game patch before this is fixed.

I'm really digging my wired 360 controller as well. It's a night and day difference from using the keyboard. Props to Antimatter for the practice server!

Quick question - what's a great joystick? Don't care about price as long as it is under $200 ish.

Whatever your motives I'm glad you did such a service for the community

I love using the wired 360 controller, but I just can't free look with it. The camera turns so freakin slow!! I wish I could just set the Dpad left, right and back to instantly look in those directions and not have to pan.

Anyone else have this super slow free look issue with the controller?

Heheh, and just last night, after playing with a controller for a while, I decided to try mouse and keyboard again. Surprisingly, I was doing ok! I think maybe I needed to just get used to flying in general. I really feel like I have more AIM control than I did with the 360 controller. I was pretty stable flying, but just could never get good at aiming with the controller. With the mouse and KB, its opposite: a little shaky with flying, but way more accurate with aiming.

One question I DO have for KB/mouse use is: is it possible to spot enemies using free look? I hold my right mouse button, look around, and Q does not work. :(

I cant' switch weapons on the jet for some reason.

EDIT: Nevermind I'm dumb you need to unlock them. :mad:

Last edited:
Have not been able to get my Saitek Cyborg X to work yet. At first it would not even take inputs on the key biddings page. I removed the Saitek drivers and then plugged the stick back in letting microsoft find the drivers. This allowed the the joystick to start making button inputs on the key bindings page. The commands show up now but there still is zero function within the game.

Back