Battlefield 3 - First Console Footage

Well its not really new footage just shown as playable for the first time. Still looks pretty great of course.

Also Simon Pegg is funny.

Im suprised they can a achieve that on consoles but on pc it wont support dx9/xp.

Im suprised they can a achieve that on consoles but on pc it wont support dx9/xp.
I'm surprised they limited it to DX10+. They can release the game for non-dx10 platforms, but not for Windows non-dx10. It's likely more about trying to nudge people to DX10/11 than "we can't do it".

Anyways, this is a console thread. The game definitely looks good but boy I'm glad I have a gaming PC. The textures and lighting are not nearly as impressive. Animations still look good though.

I am extremely torn on what system (PC or PS3) that I am going to get this game on. I am not a graphics whore so the "textures" and things don't bother me on PS3....and most of my friends are going to get it for PS3 as well. The game looks good on PS3.

What I am most interested in is the online experience....how many players are the maps DESIGNED for. If they are big like BF2 and they only allow 24 players on console that could hurt the online play. If they scale down the maps to accomodate then it should be ok. The 64 players on PC is what made BF2 so great....not the graphics.

An example of the opposite is the COD series...those maps are small and designed for 6x6 (maybe 9v9) games....when you played on PC and servers would allow something like 32 players it was just stupid.

It looks pretty good for for a console game, but it's definitely a lot nicer on the eyes on the PC. That said, most of my friends will be getting this game on 360, so that is likely what I will be doing too. For me having fun online with my friends is much more important than a bit of eye candy.

I can easily solve your dilemma: KB&M.

Thats not part of the dilemma at all....I don't buy into this douche argument that you PC fanboi's throw around. I think it stems from you guys getting pissed that you get owned...when in fact once you realize that everyone on consoles uses the controls and you learn them yourself it is fine. No question that if you pit a controller against a KB/M who would win....different control scheme. You guys just can't stand to you rolled by 12 year olds.....

My dilemma is the online experience and map size....as I mentioned above.

It looks pretty good for for a console game, but it's definitely a lot nicer on the eyes on the PC. That said, most of my friends will be getting this game on 360, so that is likely what I will be doing too. For me having fun online with my friends is much more important than a bit of eye candy.

This....all of my friends play on PS3 and as you said having fun online is much more important than anything else.

Thats not part of the dilemma at all....I don't buy into this douche argument that you PC fanboi's throw around. I think it stems from you guys getting pissed that you get owned...when in fact once you realize that everyone on consoles uses the controls and you learn them yourself it is fine. No question that if you pit a controller against a KB/M who would win....different control scheme. You guys just can't stand to you rolled by 12 year olds.....

This....all of my friends play on PS3 and as you said having fun online is much more important than anything else.

You are missing the whole point. Consoles make everything simplified. It is much easier to play with auto aim on. You don't really have to aim as perfectly as you do with a PC.

It is so easy, that a 12 year old can be good at it. That is the point. Because of this, there is less skill involved with playing console games.

If you must know, I'm more of a PS3 fanboi than a PC fanboi :D. I figured most people find KB&M to be a better setup for games like BF3.

You are missing the whole point. Consoles make everything simplified. It is much easier to play with auto aim on. You don't really have to aim as perfectly as you do with a PC.

It is so easy, that a 12 year old can be good at it. That is the point. Because of this, there is less skill involved with playing console games.

It is much more difficult to aim with a controller then a mouse, I am not sure how you translate that into less skill.

Because 12 year old kids can't be good at PC games... RIGHT?!?

I'm pretty impressed with how it looked on the console. By no means does it look like the PC version but not bad.

Still gonna get it for PC though.

Really torn on what platform I should get this one.. I've got a great PC that would run it, but I find most of my time on my XBOX. Will probably start with that and decide whether or not to get a copy for PC..

I will end up buying it for PC and PS3. My son and I both want it for PC because we like FPS on PC much better than console. I'll get a PS3 version for my son because he will play it from time to time with his cousin that does not have a PC to play on.

I have a feeling the console version is going to be on par or better than the PC version. They're limiting squad sizes to 4 and removing the commander and reduced classes w/ soldiers having auto health regen.

This sounds more like BFBC3 than BF3. The map sizes may be larger than BC2, and they may have jets, but the mechanics are sounding like console skirmishes more than the '42/2 epic battles.

BF3 will reintroduce several elements absent from the Bad Company games, including fighter jets, the prone position and 64-player battles on PC. To accommodate the lower player count on consoles (24 players), the ground area will be limited for Xbox 360 and PS3, though fly space will remain the same.

If you must know, I'm more of a PS3 fanboi than a PC fanboi :D. I figured most people find KB&M to be a better setup for games like BF3.

Didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you were a fanboy once you stated what you did. KB&M is the best way that anyone knows of to play FPS games , its the way it started out as when FPS were first introduced and it'll always be better. Console games have gotten better but they don't hold a candle.

There have been all kinds of competitions with games like Shadowrun , showing PC gamers win 9/10 and that's mostly due to the KB&M setup.

If you actually want another reason to buy the PC version I can give you a few : Better graphics , not being hard locked to 720p at 30 fps , dedicated servers , higher player counts and larger maps.

Unlike most recent FPS games on PC that are straight console ports , BF3 is being built from the ground up to take advantage of PCs.

Really hope I can scrounge together the money for a new build by the time this game comes around...but glad to see if I can't and end up getting this for 360 I won't be disappointed. Looks phenomenal on consoles, none the less. Sure PC is better, but I couldn't see anyone being disappointed with it's console counter-part this time.

Really hope I can scrounge together the money for a new build by the time this game comes around...but glad to see if I can't and end up getting this for 360 I won't be disappointed. Looks phenomenal on consoles, none the less. Sure PC is better, but I couldn't see anyone being disappointed with it's console counter-part this time.

I'm glad I have a nice pair of wireless headphones to compensate for my lack of PC speakers. BFBC had incredible sound and that's one thing I'm most excited to experience.

Will most def. be getting this for both PC and XBOX. Just wish my projector didn't have a busted lens! Bah!

I'm really torn too, like a lot of you. I think I'm going the both PC and 360 route.

Back