• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 2142 Mech-Mod Help!

Joined
Aug 18, 2006
Messages
27
I was thinking of trying out Modding after the countless months I've spent drooling over the masterpeices created and shown on this site. I am currently hooked on Battlefield 2 and can't wait to play BF2142. But One thing I've always liked is Mech type bots. So looking at one of the mechs available in BF2142 it hit me that the body looks similar to a computer case. So If anyone has any suggestions how to go about picking out materials for my mod I'd greatly apprecaite it. I am learning towards either sheet-metal covers with a square-tube frame or tearing down a desktop PC case and sing the from from that to build into a mech with wood coverings (for easy painting and less welding or whatever). Let me know what you guys think. All comments and suggestions are appreacited.
 
i spose a good thing u could use would be to use random model kits and pick the bits that fit and look great. its got a name but i cnt remember
 
Need a picture. Each material has limitations so you decide on one only after you look over the lines on the case. Then it comes down to time, tools, and thinking 20 steps ahead before you make the first cut.
 
I was thinking one or the other.

6.jpg


As you can see they are two distinct designs. This first one is why I was thinking of using wood espeically on the legs.

5.jpg
 
Back
Top