Battlefield 2 Worth buying?

BF2 is definitely one of the best MP games out there atm. I love the extensive ranking system. Some pubs can be annoying, but that's just like any other game. Once you find a good server, you're set.

Whats it like player wise? Lately CS:S seems to be kinda slow with any new influx of people. Whats the quality of BF2 servers?

dissonance said:
Glow, just try the BF2 demo.

That is a good point. The demo is 100% accurate reflection of the game. And its worth at least several hours of enjoyment on its own.

image.jpg

Glow said:
Whats it like player wise? Lately CS:S seems to be kinda slow with any new influx of people. Whats the quality of BF2 servers?

All sorts of people play, new and old. Really depends on the server. Open pubs will probably tend towards new players whereas ranked and clan owned servers are probably more towards the veteran/hardcore players.

Server quality varies WIDELY depending on what server it is. 90% of the time if you can get a decent ping to it, it has good enough hardware that it doesn't lag up for server side reasons other than latency (from my experience at least).

I like BF2 much more than the original. The squad play really makes it good.

BF2 rules the universe! Before BF2, there were no games! Bow down before BF2!

And I'm feckin' serious, I love this game! I'm with them other guys, to hell with the TK'ers, punishers and crappy servers. There are some really good servers and players out there that make it totally worth it, you just have to find them.

Anyone know if you need to patch the demo? I installed it and couldn't log into the online servers. :( It just sat there with the message "Creating Account", but nothing ever happened.

WhyYouLoveMe said:
Amen, brutha. :) How's the Hard Military guys doing? You play with them anymore?

I'll have to start hanging out in the chat section more often with them. A lot of the times I fire it up it's because a college buddy of mine is on AIM. Hmm... I'll have to start launching xfire and stuff. I think this weekend I'll have to start burning through some of these other games. See ya around!

Looks like the hard military site is down too. Hmm....

I just picked up BF2 tonight. I'd been putting it off since its realease till better patches came out and figured now was a good time to get in esp. with Spec ops due out soon. I looked for the DVD version at several stores but finally just ended up buying the CD version at Wallmart. I'm downloading maps, mods, and patches now so I'm ready to go as soon as I install later on. My only worry is if my aging PC will be able to keep up on medium settings.

battlefield 2 is a an excellent game. very fun, and fun is key. also, despite various bugs and numerous failed and revoked patches, the game still manages to be lots of fun. most of the annoying bugs are in piece of crap for a server browser, its way way too hard to do anything, and takes too long to get into a game. but once you are in, they really aren't any gamebreaking bugs anymore, as long as you have latest drivers, patch, etc., the game itself should play and look fine. have fun, cuz it is.

Booby McNipples said:
BF2 rules the universe! Before BF2, there were no games! Bow down before BF2!

And I'm feckin' serious, I love this game! I'm with them other guys, to hell with the TK'ers, punishers and crappy servers. There are some really good servers and players out there that make it totally worth it, you just have to find them.

I am currently involved in a love affair with BF2. I have been playing for like 10 hours straight, and I am about to hop in the field for some more action. This game is two thumbs, and def. worth every penny.

However, please be warned...you have to give the game a chance. I did not like it at first, as it is kind of a bit much to take in all at once. I have never played the BF series games before, so I was lost.

Needless to say, I stuck with it. And now I cant put the game down. Highly recommended

Dude.. if you're playing CSS and you're looking for a new game... this is it. GO GET IT!

Not to burst anyone's bubble or anything...but Commander Keen is where it's at! :p

Back