• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Battlefield 2 the greatest ever?

0810

2[H]4U
Joined
Jun 13, 2005
Messages
2,779
I just found out about BC2 through some youtube videos and it reminded me the good ole days of BF2. And I got to thinking, Battlefield 2 has probably got to be the best FPS game (I mean real warfare, no aliens or futuristic bullshit) I have ever played. (Joint Operations Typhoon Rising is 2nd for me, I wish a new JO would come out!)

I don't know why, its something about the game play, so many things to do, the HUGE maps, and the "team" play from squads. To me, its doesn't compare to any of the CoDs and their fast paced, noob friendly game play.

I am kind of excited for BC2 now, I didn't even know about BC1 cause I don't play console games at all. I'd definitely need a new computer though.

What are your guys' thoughts?
 
I agree. Prepare for the hate. :D

BC2 isn't tickling me just yet. It's too early to pass judgment.
 
Last edited:
I played the beta and well... It needs alot of fixing...


Anyway the game doesn't remind me of BF2, more like a sooped up "Frontlines fuel of war"
 
I like BF2, and I'm really enjoying BC2, but 1942 is still my favorite online shooter.

I'm wondering why Dice decided to use a different map for the PC Beta compared to the PS3. That map looks like it would show off BC2's overall gameplay better. Looked like it had more open area to show off vehicle combat more thoroughly.
 
That map looks like it would show off BC2's overall gameplay better
yes

Looked like it had more open area to show off vehicle combat more thoroughly.

actually, no. It was a big tasty focus on infantry combat. The initial area had the attacking team rush in with vehicles, but after that you are pushing back and forth with infantry. There is a tank in each area, but its only a distraction unless your team isn't organized.
 
Why are people calling it Battlefield 2? There was already a BF2. This one is BF:BC2.
@_@
 
yes



actually, no. It was a big tasty focus on infantry combat. The initial area had the attacking team rush in with vehicles, but after that you are pushing back and forth with infantry. There is a tank in each area, but its only a distraction unless your team isn't organized.


I think this is the first time I would prefer to use a console. From your description and the gameplay videos released, that map looks like ti would fit my personal taste much better.
 
Why are people calling it Battlefield 2? There was already a BF2. This one is BF:BC2.
@_@


The original post looks like he's asking about Battlefield 2 specifically, and people just assumed he meant BC 2. Looking at his post again, he's wanting to know if Battlefield 2 is the greatest, not BC 2 , and what makes it so great.
 
Word, BF1942 is still their best game, the only improvements since then have been the squad system, giving the AT class something better than a pistol, and a slightly better netcode. They took a bunch of steps back though as well.
 
I've been having fun with the BC2 beta, but it's still rough around the edges. This should hold me over until BF3 comes along.
 
i get crazy mouse lag in BC2 so far. so i havnt played more then about 10 mins
 
Are people still playing BF1942? Still a decent amount of people playing online?
 
I dont think any game will ever take me the way Battlefield 2 did. Back in 2005 when it first came out I would rush home friday nights just to get online and play the whole night. BF2 and sushi all weekend every weekend lol. My most memorable moment was the first time on Karkand, the area where the hill over looks the train tracks just standing there on a 64 player server and looking around, watching my teammates on USMC firing down on the MEC soldiers by the train tracks, it was the typical standoff. I was amazed at the immersion and then the APC comes rolling thru with its bang bang bang gunfire sound mowing everyone down lol. Yeah the game may not have been ultrarealistic and had its share of problems, but it had the perfect formula that promoted teamplay with its squadbased combat. I wish we could get a BF2 with updated graphics.
 
I dont think any game will ever take me the way Battlefield 2 did. Back in 2005 when it first came out I would rush home friday nights just to get online and play the whole night. BF2 and sushi all weekend every weekend lol. My most memorable moment was the first time on Karkand, the area where the hill over looks the train tracks just standing there on a 64 player server and looking around, watching my teammates on USMC firing down on the MEC soldiers by the train tracks, it was the typical standoff. I was amazed at the immersion and then the APC comes rolling thru with its bang bang bang gunfire sound mowing everyone down lol. Yeah the game may not have been ultrarealistic and had its share of problems, but it had the perfect formula that promoted teamplay with its squadbased combat. I wish we could get a BF2 with updated graphics.

Couldn't agree more. The demo totally blew me away. I couldn't believe how fluid and smooth it was for an online multiplayer game.

Few games since have provided such a slick online experience.


It was clearly a game created with alot of enthusiasm. There was obviously a team of people there that truly cared about what they were producing, and made it with genuine passion.


CoD games are just turn the handle 'made to make money' console trite. Not saying those games are bad in any way, it's just; there's no magic there.
 
Hey, any of you BC2 PC Beta players... is it by design that there's sort of a "hazy" or hard to see display whenever I'm sitting in a tank or looking through a scope? Like...everything gets blurry or perhaps "rainbow-y" at times, especially from within a tank. It makes it hard to see and shoot.
 
Hey, any of you BC2 PC Beta players... is it by design that there's sort of a "hazy" or hard to see display whenever I'm sitting in a tank or looking through a scope? Like...everything gets blurry or perhaps "rainbow-y" at times, especially from within a tank. It makes it hard to see and shoot.

it's supposed to be on the scopes. I think it's trying to simulate glare from the sun shining into the scope from behind you. Haven't messed with vehicles too much so I don't remember if it does it on them.
 
Are people still playing BF1942? Still a decent amount of people playing online?

Sure are. There are still several good servers out there. I frequent the Moongamer's 64 player server. It runs most of the regular maps with some slight mods Mon-Sat. On Sundays, they run Secret Weapons and Road to Rome maps.
 
Back
Top