Battlefield 2 Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

v1p3r-386-

Limp Gawd
It's been a while since I had played bf2, so I still hadn't installed the 1.3 patch. I downloaded the incremental patch and installed it. So I loaded up the game and it says I have version 1.1.2xxxxx or something weird like that. So I completely uninstalled bf2, then reinstalled it. I then tried the full 1.3 patch on a fresh install and it still came up as version 1.1.2xxxx something. I did a quick search on [H] and didn't see any solutions. Anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it?

the patch number and game version number are not the same thing. i hate to be the one to tell you but i think you uninstalled/reinstalled the game for no reason. i have 1.3 installed and the game version is 1.1.28.xxxx.

KaReeM oF WHeat said:
the patch number and game version number are not the same thing. i hate to be the one to tell you but i think you uninstalled/reinstalled the game for no reason. i have 1.3 installed and the game version is 1.1.28.xxxx.
You've got to be kidding me lol. Wow I feel stupid now, I will have to give it another try. I did try to connect to one server and it crashed to desktop so I assumed it was the patch or something I will try another server and see how it goes.

Well, you were right. I had the right version installed. Anyways, mods can you delete/lock this plz.

And they think that we're going to plop down another $50 for Battlefield 2142 when they still have bugs to fix in Battlefield 2! Why throw another $50 for another BUGGY game?

Oooh, ooh! Me next!

In other news, both Hidden: Source and CS:S crashed for me 5 TIMES in total today alone, and BF2 once in the last five days. Still, i'm not cool if I have a problem with CS, am I?

Anyway, what reason, if any, is there for having patch and version number different?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back