Battlefield 1943 demo up on Xbox Live Arcade now

Still having problems connecting today. Everyone else unable to connect?

Having the same problems as well. I bought it last night and it "tried" to connect for nearly 2 hours which was enough time for me to make a cheesecake from scratch (random I know but I was bored :D)

Tried again this morning and nothing happened. I guess EA underestimated the popularity of this game. I'm really anxious to play.

I played last night for about 3 hours...half of which was just in the tutorial getting used to the controller for flying vs my flightstick that Im used to on PC. Game is a blast, took me back to when the BF42 demo came out for PC and me and all my buddies were addcited to it like crack babys.

I didn't really have a hard time connecting to servers either, about 5 minutes was the longest I waited, and most of the time it just connected me right up with no lag. Weird thing is, is that I was in a 6 person party with friends that live here in town. We are all over town with different ISP's and the problems were all over the board from virtually no problems connecting to 2 hours of trying to connect with no luck.

One weird problem that everyone was getting was using the "join party members already playing" (or however its worded) feature and have it come back and say "no one in your party is playing right now" when several people were.

For those of you who have been into a game, were you running the purchased game or the trial? I have the trial and haven't been able to get into a game yet.

I purchased the game. I was just playing wake island, it was great. There is a message about new servers being added because they are over capacity.

For those of you who have been into a game, were you running the purchased game or the trial? I have the trial and haven't been able to get into a game yet.

game...well worth $15, hell its alot better than most $60 games.

Basically if you think the idea of BF42 with better graphics, destructible everything, and on a console sounds good...you will be happy.

God even the tutorial mode is fun. Brings me back to old memories of stunt 1942 maps but now with the bad company engine explosions are even bigger.

Can't get the jumping out of plane and back in trick to work like it did in 1942........

Day 2 of not being able to play the game i purchased :( i keep trying to join servers but either cant find any games or cant join the game. Back to the tutorial for me :(

And just as i posted that i got into a game! WOOT

I wish the achievements would be more difficult, I'm 5 hours into the game and I have all but 3, two of which are the play 30 games and play 100 games.

If anyone wants to add me for this game I'd appreciate it, I'm tired of being on teams with people who just circle jerk each other waiting to get an airplane while the team loses.. My gamertag is Patti LaBelle, I don't have a mic right now but I know how to play and am usually in the top 3 players of the game..

Last edited:
The maps are way too small. They need to increase the distance between the islands and the aircraft carriers. When you are dog fighting in a plane the AA guns have WAY too much range and unlike in BF2, you cant tell if somebody is in an AA gun until they blow you to pieces. If somebody hops in an AA gun you are defenseless and pretty much fucked. There are also 2 to every base and they respawn in about 20 seconds. Makes flying the planes a PITA tbh.

The maps are way too small. They need to increase the distance between the islands and the aircraft carriers. When you are dog fighting in a plane the AA guns have WAY too much range and unlike in BF2, you cant tell if somebody is in an AA gun until they blow you to pieces. If somebody hops in an AA gun you are defenseless and pretty much fucked. There are also 2 to every base and they respawn in about 20 seconds. Makes flying the planes a PITA tbh.

dont agree with map size comment, but totally agree with AA guns

We can't get the start a squad and join with friends features to work, but separately all my friends who bought it are enjoying it. As someone who sucks at flying them, personally, I'm enjoying shooting the planes down with the AA turrets :D

I always thought that the AA emplacements in BF2 were woefully underpowered, so while slightly overpowered in this incarnation, it's nice to have some functional foil to airborne rape supremacy.

I want it for PC damnit, God I loved BF1942 so fucking much I still play it to this day. Owell, i'll probably play the demo and then pony up $15 for the 360 version, im so impatient

Last edited:
Fun Facts about launch day of 1943 on the 360

On Day 1 there were 29.45 years of gameplay completed on Xbox 360
Over 5 millions kills in the first day!

I've got 14 hours or so into it and racked up over 500 kills so far.
My best moment was hopping in a plane at the beginning of the round and lasting for 3/4 of the round in it without dying, shot down 12 enemy planes and bombed 2 enemies in a tank before being taken down.

I played it at my brother's house yesterday. Man, it brought TONS of good memories I have playing 1942. This is the best game they have ever released, IMO, on XBLA. Serious Sam will be a close 2nd.:)

I got home, downloaded it as fast as I could, and played from 4pm til 11pm and I'm NOT single and work full time! LOL It was a blast! Battlefield 1943 is the most fun I have had on my PS3 in the year that I have owned it. Worth every penny of the $15 for sure! WOOT
:D

Still haven't decided which version to get. I had no issues on the xbox version but the ps3 version was laggy and had glitches (drove a truck thru a tank, drove a boat thru the land, sound was all screwed up, etc). I would get it on the 360 but my buddies are getting it on the ps3...hate tough decisions! I do love this game though and think that it is worth the $15! Bravo DICE, bravo!

Yeah this game definitely rocks! Played it a lot last night, looking forward to this weekend. Best 15 bucks i spent in a long time......now i just wish i could fly worth a damn...

Is the game still saying you can't connect to EA's servers or did they fix that? I was still getting that last night. I read about some weird thing of getting the Facebreaker demo to fix it but I saw no link to the demo, just oodles of themes and crud.

Won't be able to touch my 360 til Sunday night so I hope by then I can try it out!

Still haven't decided which version to get. I had no issues on the xbox version but the ps3 version was laggy and had glitches (drove a truck thru a tank, drove a boat thru the land, sound was all screwed up, etc). I would get it on the 360 but my buddies are getting it on the ps3...hate tough decisions! I do love this game though and think that it is worth the $15! Bravo DICE, bravo!

I hadnt noticed the lag or bug issues on the PS3 version. Just experienced the game drops every 5-10 minutes, which has been widely reported on PSN.

I hadnt noticed the lag or bug issues on the PS3 version. Just experienced the game drops every 5-10 minutes, which has been widely reported on PSN.
Widely reported? This is the very first time I've heard of such an issue on the PS3 version, and I played the shit out of it yesterday with a bunch of friends who were also playing all day (they would have said something if they had such issues).

Shit, I got two 30+ minute clips up on my livestream feed w/ no drop every 5-10 minutes. lol

I did run into a graphical glitch, though. But hey - no game is perfect.

Widely reported? This is the very first time I've heard of such an issue on the PS3 version, and I played the shit out of it yesterday with a bunch of friends who were also playing all day (they would have said something if they had such issues).

Shit, I got two 30+ minute clips up on my livestream feed w/ no drop every 5-10 minutes. lol

I did run into a graphical glitch, though. But hey - no game is perfect.

yeah, check the EA boards, tonso reports.

Just bought the game, was able to play a couple rounds, had a complete blast, I love planes.

We can't get the start a squad and join with friends features to work, but separately all my friends who bought it are enjoying it. As someone who sucks at flying them, personally, I'm enjoying shooting the planes down with the AA turrets :D

I always thought that the AA emplacements in BF2 were woefully underpowered, so while slightly overpowered in this incarnation, it's nice to have some functional foil to airborne rape supremacy.

Except the planes in BF1943 dont rape people like they did in BF2. The bombs are pretty much useless against infantry and you get not points for attacking an enemy base.

PS3 or 360?

I just invited a friend into my squad and we both played a game fine on PS3.

Awesome game, through a decent surround setup it's insane!! Love it!

I downloaded the demo a few days ago, and I still haven't been able to join a game. Bummer.

No problems here with the PS3 version, other than playing a FPS game with a controller sucks. Ill wait for the PC release.

sorry but seeing footage of this game makes me wanna puke ......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF9DcmcE900

health regeneration unlimited ammo 3 classes, i can't even see the damn latency value on the scoreboard, graphics are looking nice but apart from that gameplay looks like battlefield heroes in first person

latest issue of Edge magazine rated this game 9/10 while conduit & another R got 4/10 ARMA II 7/10 and killing floor 6/10, misinformation and corruption at its finest :(

latest issue of Edge magazine rated this game 9/10 while conduit & another R got 4/10 ARMA II 7/10 and killing floor 6/10, misinformation and corruption at its finest :(

opinions are a bitch aren't they?

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

corruption? really? REALLY?

Playing an FPS with the controller does kinda suck, but at least everyone else has the same handycap! :D

Other than that, I am really loving this game. The longer I play, the more I get used to the controls. Health regeneration is no big deal. The graphics are really good for a console, and the sound is excellent. I'd like to see more maps, but I bet they add some later on.

health regeneration unlimited ammo 3 classes, i can't even see the damn latency value on the scoreboard, graphics are looking nice but apart from that gameplay looks like battlefield heroes in first person

One thing that bothered me, was I couldn't figure out who was talking on the mic. If you are going to make a multiplayer game, you need to make it simple to mute the xbox live children :(

Played the Ps3 demo last night.. It does bring back the old BF 1942 days, but it's just not entirely the same.
Will most likely be purchasing this in a week or so, even though it's not the same it's still a shitload of fun!

One thing that bothered me, was I couldn't figure out who was talking on the mic. If you are going to make a multiplayer game, you need to make it simple to mute the xbox live children :(

For this game, I don't even bother with the microphone.

The voice chat is proximity based as far as I can tell, unless you're in a squad.

So what do you want? BF1942 for the 360? I mean, this is not some blockbuster AAA title that has 50+ hours of story and some super innovative features. Its BF1942 re done as a pickup and play for a few rounds game. I dont get why this game is getting this kinda "Looks stupid and simple" hate. it IS simple, but its damn fun and was well worth the 1200 point purchase.

Yes if you compare this game to $50 box games its going to pale in comparison, but for $15, its just what i was hoping for.

BTW, as of this post, 5.5mil kills for the 360 Coral Challenge, 3mil for the PS3

For what it is, BF1943 is worth it's $15 price tag. It'ss a great game to play in about 30 min - 1 hr sessions.

For people who skipped out on BF:BC, BF1943 is a nice way of being introduced to the Frostbite engine, which is great, minus the player limitations (24 players sucks).

For what it is, BF1943 is worth it's $15 price tag. It'ss a great game to play in about 30 min - 1 hr sessions.

For people who skipped out on BF:BC, BF1943 is a nice way of being introduced to the Frostbite engine, which is great, minus the player limitations (24 players sucks).

Is it 24 player limit in BF:BC also? The maps feel a little spares to me for 12v12 content, which is odd because it feels like a tiny fishbowl when your flying.

anybody know why I cant see my rank on the scoreboard for each game? all I see is a cross by name, and I see other people with their correct ranks, ps3 here btw.

Back