Battlefield 1943 coming to XBLA/PSN this summer.

phobic

Supreme [H]ardness
Wow this pretty much came out of nowhere. I've probably played BF1942 more than any other FPS online (ok maybe not but I've played it a lot). Yeah it's on a console and yeah it could be nothing more than a re-skin of 1942 (1943 is built on the Bad Company engine) but is that really a bad thing?

Link here: http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/05/battlefield-1943-coming-to-xbla-and-psn-this-summer/

Edit: Apparently it's also coming to PC via download: http://www.battlefield.com/1943/

Edit 2: PC discussion here already.

I dont think its a bad thing at all, I found 1942 to be a very enjoyable game and i would welcome a bit of graphics tweak. Looking forward to it.

Thanks for the linky.

This could be good on psn, but how well is this going to work with limited player count and non-dedicated servers on xbl?

This could be good on psn, but how well is this going to work with limited player count and non-dedicated servers on xbl?

I believe there are dedicated servers on Xbox Live, depending on the game. I know there are some titles that let gamers use a 360 as a dedicated server (Rainbow Six Vegas comes to mind). More recently I remember there was a story about Valve themselves actually running their own dedicated servers for L4D.

I may have to buy this game twice. I am super effing stoked though. Holy crap I can't wait to play this and bad company 2

I'm down for this as long as its priced reasonably. Some games have ridiculous prices right now. My guess is 1200 points which will be ok, but 800 would make me not even question buying it.

That, and I've got to be able to do trick jumps like they did in bf1942.

Its nothing more then a piss poor, watered down, polished turd of a wannabe "sequal" to the greatness that BF1942 was.

Fuck you EA, fuck you.

You spelled sequel wrong.

Aside from that, this is a definite purchase for me. The BC engine is pretty nice, and I LOVE Wake Island. It sounds like it's going to be a ton of fun.

Its nothing more then a piss poor, watered down, polished turd of a wannabe "sequal" to the greatness that BF1942 was.

Fuck you EA, fuck you.

You know this based on what? The 3 in the title rather than a two means it's going to be piss poor?

Back